• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Solar flares; they just won't go away.

Days

Commentator
specifically, you claimed that there was no solar particle activity during the Apollo mission flights. I've linked you proof that those missions took place during solar maximum and that there was a ton of solar activity during those flights. You reply with 3 word posts denying everything. that's about half your posts, Gabriel. Now, you are denying your denial... priceless.

gabriel

Governor
specifically, you claimed that there was no solar particle activity during the Apollo mission flights. I've linked you proof that those missions took place during solar maximum and that there was a ton of solar activity during those flights. You reply with 3 word posts denying everything. that's about half your posts, Gabriel. Now, you are denying your denial... priceless.
lol! I told you they didn't fly at solar max. and they didn't. period.

Hmmmm

Mayor
these guys go beyond the pale. they flat out ignore science and reality just so they can argue against whatever I post. This top post is addressing their ongoing argument that the sun does not kick out any measurable radiation poisoning during solar maximum. They might as well be clinging to a flat earth. But I'm still waiting for a single soul in this place to admit that the sun kicks out huge radiation levels during solar maximum, the truth just does not faze these guys.
I don't think Solar Maximum means what you think it does. If my memory serves me, a solar maximum indicates that higher radiation output can occur or occurs more frequently but it doesn't mean lethal amounts are spewed during the entire duration of the maximum period. Your threads would require me to spend way to much time researching why you are wrong which is why I have avoided them. I could be wrong but I there is evidence out there that you are wrong about what it means for radiantion levels during the Apollo missions. Over the last 35 years, I have read those like you who don't believe and those who debunk them. I agree with those that debunk the non-believers as do most scientists and engineers (they don't ignore science [usually]).

Days

Commentator
You didn't read the top post, did you? Here's a ten year old movie that covers some of it, now, as I watched it, I was greatly dissatisfied with the amount of material not covered... but still....

[video=youtube;MalYSn_qIU4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MalYSn_qIU4[/video]

gabriel

Governor
at Fukushima? wrong.

in space? wrong.

Since the argument was about the solar wind, try defending that idea.

I said the Apollo drinking water would have become radioactive...

and you guys replied with the usual nonsense.
and that s absolute bullshit as any scientist knows

ARMCX1

Mayor
Space may accelerate Alzheimer's in astronauts
Exposure to radiation levels could speed up changes in brain, study finds

Radiation in space might harm the brains of astronauts in deep space by accelerating the development of Alzheimer's disease, a new study on mice suggests.

The research reveals another risk that manned deep-space missions to places such as Mars or the asteroids could pose, scientists added.

"This study shows for the first time that exposure to radiation levels equivalent to a mission to Mars could produce cognitive problems and speed up changes in the brain that are associated with Alzheimer's disease," study author Kerry O'Banion, a neuroscientist at the University of Rochester Medical Center, said in a statement.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50334586/ns/technology_and_science-space/#.UOMbRhzz_5s

Here ya go, Days.