• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Someone please point out to me in this plan where Biden is telling the truth.

EatTheRich

President
You don’t say what remarks of Biden you are referring to. But Scott does call for raising taxes on tens of millions of people including children:

• All Americans should pay some income tax to have skin in the game, even if a small amount. Currently over half of Americans pay no income tax.

Colorforms

Senator
You don’t say what remarks of Biden you are referring to. But Scott does call for raising taxes on tens of millions of people including children:

• All Americans should pay some income tax to have skin in the game, even if a small amount. Currently over half of Americans pay no income tax.
I don't disagree with that. The other way to go would be to allow only people who pay taxes into the federal system to vote. I'm good with either one.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I don't disagree with that. The other way to go would be to allow only people who pay taxes into the federal system to vote. I'm good with either one.
So as far as I know, Trump managed to avoid paying taxes for years...can he still run for office if he cannot vote?

So what. I agree. And biden wants to raise taxes as well. But he doesn't say that.

Colorforms

Senator
I am well aware of the stupid parts of the Constitution.

"Only people who pay a tax get to vote" is 100% the definition of a poll tax.
You may want to rethink that.

Definition of poll tax : a tax of a fixed amount per person levied on adults and often linked to the right to vote

I'm not suggesting an additional tax for voting, I am suggesting that only people who are contributing to the running of the federal government should be allowed access to voting.

You may want to rethink that.

Definition of poll tax : a tax of a fixed amount per person levied on adults and often linked to the right to vote

I'm not suggesting an additional tax for voting, I am suggesting that only people who are contributing to the running of the federal government should be allowed access to voting.
Linking the right to vote to existing tax would turn the existing tax into a poll tax.

EatTheRich

President
Everyone (except the very rich who dominate the government) pays taxes. Scott’s particular proposal is to raise taxes on the low income in order to cut taxes for the rich and interfere with efforts at organizing.

Colorforms

Senator
Everyone (except the very rich who dominate the government) pays taxes. Scott’s particular proposal is to raise taxes on the low income in order to cut taxes for the rich and interfere with efforts at organizing.

More than 100 million U.S. households, or 61% of all taxpayers, paid no federal income taxes last year, according to a report from the Tax Policy Center.

EatTheRich

President

More than 100 million U.S. households, or 61% of all taxpayers, paid no federal income taxes last year, according to a report from the Tax Policy Center.
Income taxes are one type of tax, the only kind primarily paid by the rich. The poor pay most of their taxes in the form of payroll taxes, sales taxes, excise or “sin” taxes, and tariffs. Scott’s plan is for the poor to continue paying those taxes at disproportionate levels, while also paying income taxes on top so that taxes for the rich can be cut.