• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Something To Be Happy About

Zam-Zam

Senator
LOL !!!!!!!!

I remember the days right after bush. You winger were running around talking about building bunkers and growing your own crops. You promoted hording gold and buying ammunition for the coming economic apocalypse.

Through all of your years of ranting and carping he thanklessly worked to rebuild what bush destroyed. The confidence people feel today has its foundation in his exceptional leadership in a time of crisis.

I don't know what your rant has to do with consumer confidence being higher than it has been in a long time, but I hope it at least made you feel better.

Boca

Governor
Final thought.

My Obama vs, Trump simple comparison of the monthly rate of growth in consumer confidence which gave the nod to Trump is no less silly than Arkady's thesis paper crediting Obama.

Fact is that while the top post was indeed good news, the consumer confidence index is a measure of emotion, what matters most is if it translates into demand for goods and services. Investors seem to think it will,

Arkady

President
The error is yours, it's called non-cognitive dissonance.
As usual, you're demonstrably wrong. As you can see, consumer confidence has been rising pretty consistently since mid 2011:

upload_2017-3-31_8-1-2.png
Here's my recommendation to you (assuming that, at some level at least, you're embarrassed by constantly being schooled this way): try to do some reading. Open a real newspaper every now and then. I don't mean the usual right-wing propaganda blogs favored by conservatives, nor the GOP house media outlets like Fox News. I mean a real, live newspapers -- home of Pulitzer-laureate investigative journalists. I mean the kind of media outlet about which they later make Oscar-winning movies like "Spotlight" or "All the President's Men." The New York Times, Washington Post, Boston Globe, and Chicago Tribune would be good options.

Despite the high quality of journalism at those outlets, they're still typically only written at the around a eighth-grade reading level, so you should be able to educate yourself up to the level of being able to read that material with just a year or two of dedicated effort. Then you'll be able to inform yourself well enough that you won't keep getting humiliated by more informed people like me.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Arkady

President
the consumer confidence index is a measure of emotion, what matters most is if it translates into demand for goods and services. Investors seem to think it will,
Yes. In the same way, investors thought the rising consumer confidence of the Obama era would translate into demand for goods and services, and so they bid up stock values to an historic extent during his presidency. The only president to preside over a better eight-year run for stocks then Obama was Clinton. It's nice that the terrific Obama-era run of improvements hasn't come off the rails yet.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
As usual, you're demonstrably wrong. As you can see, consumer confidence has been rising pretty consistently since mid 2011:

View attachment 35768
Here's my recommendation to you (assuming that, at some level at least, you're embarrassed by constantly being schooled this way): try to do some reading. Open a real newspaper every now and then. I don't mean the usual right-wing propaganda blogs favored by conservatives, nor the GOP house media outlets like Fox News. I mean a real, live newspapers -- home of Pulitzer-laureate investigative journalists. I mean the kind of media outlet about which they later make Oscar-winning movies like "Spotlight" or "All the President's Men." The New York Times, Washington Post, Boston Globe, and Chicago Tribune would be good options.

Despite the high quality of journalism at those outlets, they're still typically only written at the around a eighth-grade reading level, so you should be able to educate yourself up to the level of being able to read that material with just a year or two of dedicated effort. Then you'll be able to inform yourself well enough that you won't keep getting humiliated by more informed people like me.

Good luck!
I think I know, now, why you are so f**ked up. You get all your news from the Piss-Stream Media.

Arkady

President
I think I know, now, why you are so f**ked up. You get all your news from the Piss-Stream Media.
Now that you can see that you clearly did not know -- that you were, in fact, wrong about the consumer confidence trends -- please consider taking my advice, to avoid humiliating yourself that way again.

Last edited by a moderator:

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You like numbers so much...try these

From January, 2009 through October, 2016 consumer confidence rose from 37.7 to 98.6 or 0.65 per month

From October 2016 through February 2017 consumer confidence rose from 113.7 to 125.6 or 2.98 per month

Or 4 1/2 times more confidence in 4 months than what was generated in since the "Summer of Recovery" in 2009.

In other words the MO wasn't BO by a longshot

And that despite the handicap afforded by recalcitrant coup oriented Democrats!

Just sayin'...
What is your source?

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/consumer-confidence

This would show Obama's numbers going from below 60 up to above 90.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Don't believe that negative media. Why is consumer confidence so high? That index follows the other sentiment; the one about feeling the nation is on the right track.

When Trump thanked Hillary for attending his inauguration luncheon, I noticed he said this about his intentions, "peace and prosperity".
Consumer confidence is based on a poll you believe, Gallup shows Trump's approval is down around 35% but you don't like that poll so you think it is fake....

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Consumer confidence is based on a poll you believe, Gallup shows Trump's approval is down around 35% but you don't like that poll so you think it is fake....
It's at least as fake as the polls that showed Hillary winning the election by a landslide.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
JackDallas, my original quote: I think I know, now, why you are so f**ked up. You get all your news from the Piss-Stream Media. Post # 48

What Arkady posted:
JackDallas said:

I think I know Post # 49

Now that you can see that you clearly did not know -- that you were, in fact, wrong about the consumer confidence trends -- please consider taking my advice, to avoid humiliating yourself that way again.
It's a violation to only post part of a comment. It doesn't make you look cool, as you had hoped. It makes you look desperate.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
It's at least as fake as the polls that showed Hillary winning the election by a landslide.
The polls closer to the election showed the race to be within the margin of error in most states.

So is the poll showing consumer confidence accurate or not? How about the unemployment numbers? Are there still 90 million unemployed?
JackDallas, my original quote: I think I know, now, why you are so f**ked up. You get all your news from the Piss-Stream Media. Post # 48

What Arkady posted:
JackDallas said:

I think I know Post # 49

It's a violation to only post part of a comment. It doesn't make you look cool, as you had hoped. It makes you look desperate.
This makes you look like a whiner. Get a life.

Spamature

President
I don't know what your rant has to do with consumer confidence being higher than it has been in a long time, but I hope it at least made you feel better.
Exposing what you wingers try to hide or ignore always makes me feel better; wingers not so much.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
The polls closer to the election showed the race to be within the margin of error in most states.

So is the poll showing consumer confidence accurate or not? How about the unemployment numbers? Are there still 90 million unemployed?

This makes you look like a whiner. Get a life.
1st point: No they weren't, on election night the Piss-Stream-Media were claiming that Hillary had a good chance of winning Georgia, was competitive in Texas, and was leading in every blue state, she subsequently lost. That's why the entire Democrat Party went into a spiral of depression, whining and crying, disillusioned, catatonic, and angry. You clowns were destroyed by your own news sources.

2nd point: It's trickery, and it's indicative of a poster, who has to manipulate the system in order not to humiliate himself.