• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Sooo: What's for dinner?

Bo-4

Senator
Us -- Rosemary crusted bone-in prime rib roast, fresh green bean casserole (with those crunchy little French-fried onions on top :) and scalloped Idaho cheesy potatoes.

Carrot cake for dessert!

:hungry:

Us -- Rosemary crusted bone-in prime rib roast, fresh green bean casserole (with those crunchy little French-fried onions on top :) and scalloped Idaho cheesy potatoes.

Carrot cake for dessert!

:hungry:
Scrabbled eggs on toast :) for me and a tin of tripe and chicken for my guest.

Bo-4

Senator
Scrabbled eggs on toast :) for me and a tin of tripe and chicken for my guest.
Tripe.. really? When a kid, i discovered that Campbell's Pepper Pot soup contained the lining of a cows stomach. My sibling and i were eating it one day and found these little squares of creepy looking stuff which after examining the can, we determined to be tripe.

Told Mom never to buy that again. :p

Curious: Do little kids go on Easter egg hunts across the pond and do you generally celebrate Easter (even if not particularly religious)?

Tripe.. really? When a kid, i discovered that Campbell's Pepper Pot soup contained the lining of a cows stomach. My sibling and i were eating it one day and found these little squares of creepy looking stuff which after examining the can, we determined to be tripe.

Told Mom never to buy that again. :p

Curious: Do little kids go on Easter egg hunts across the pond and do you generally celebrate Easter (even if not particularly religious)?
She's an old dog Bo- ;-)

Your food sounds wonderful :) num num pass some through the screen ........I can't be bothered to cook for myself today though. My daughter is coming to live with me for a bit in a week or so, we will feast then :)

It isn't such a big deal here Easter, some children go on hunts but it is an Americanism like Halloween .................... I do nothing much :) Listen to Bach and eat Hot Cross Buns on Friday and sometimes eat painted eggs for breakfast Sunday and chocolate eggs and a Roast for Lunch ,,,,not this year ........

I don't know anyone who does religion.

Bo-4

Senator
She's an old dog Bo- ;-)

Your food sounds wonderful :) num num pass some through the screen ........I can't be bothered to cook for myself today though. My daughter is coming to live with me for a bit in a week or so, we will feast then :)

It isn't such a big deal here Easter, some children go on hunts but it is an Americanism like Halloween .................... I do nothing much :) Listen to Bach and eat Hot Cross Buns on Friday and sometimes eat painted eggs for breakfast Sunday and chocolate eggs and a Roast for Lunch ,,,,not this year ........

I don't know anyone who does religion.
Hot crossed buns?

Do they cost one-a-penny or two-a-penny? ;-)

[video=youtube;oODul5hgIl4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oODul5hgIl4[/video]

Friday13

Governor
We went to the Page museum early this morning (Brea tar pits), just got back. We stopped at Panda for sesame chicken and orange chicken and noodles. Lots of walking, too tired to cook anything. We don't celebrate easter anyway. Your dinner sounds scrumptious!

MaryAnne

Governor
Ham,Macaroni salad, Green bean casserole, Chocolate covered strawberries, Coconut Bunny cake, Easter Basket cake,and home made bread my Son made in his bread maker.

I am stuffed from one meal,so That's All Folks!

Seriously, a great day with family.

Wishing you all the same.

Ham,Macaroni salad, Green bean casserole, Chocolate covered strawberries, Coconut Bunny cake, Easter Basket cake,and home made bread my Son made in his bread maker.

I am stuffed from one meal,so That's All Folks!

Seriously, a great day with family.

Wishing you all the same.
Wow you just reminded me of the lamb cake my grandma used to make she would bake a white cake in a lamb shaped mold it was actually two molds then she would put the halves together and cover it with a white frosting topped with coconut flakes use raisins for the eyes and red food coloring for the mouth and apiece of licorice candy for the nose thank you for bringing back old memories

P

PACE

Ah, boneless butterflied lamb, coated in yogurt, zatar, lemon juice, olive olive, and African smoked red pepper, seared to a crisp at 500 for 20 minutes, slow cooked at 350 for one hour, 160 in the center, perfect medium rare.

Babagahnoush with zuchini, coated with Jamaican spice, olive oil, parsley,

And, then the cous cous

plain cous cous 2 cups

homemade chicken broth

cup baby spinach

1/4 cup good parmesan cheese,

2 pats butter

2 tsp olive oil.

Just finished, now onto, strawberries

huge strawberries, hulled, marinated in a little balsamic vinager and sugar, then stuffed with:

1/2 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup beaten ricotta
2 tblsp cofectionary sugar
1 tblsp lemon rind

Topped with crushed grahamn crackers, little butter, nutmeg, pinch of cinnamon, and finely ground black pepper (just a pinch).

Like a cheesecake, only better.

Buon Pasquale Tutti!

Regards
Pace

MaryAnne

Governor
Wow you just reminded me of the lamb cake my grandma used to make she would bake a white cake in a lamb shaped mold it was actually two molds then she would put the halves together and cover it with a white frosting topped with coconut flakes use raisins for the eyes and red food coloring for the mouth and apiece of licorice candy for the nose thank you for bringing back old memories
See, no matter Who we are,many things are the same. Last year I made a Cheeps cake. The men all had a great discussion about Peeps. Ah,childhood memories.My Grandson loves strawberries,so when I make him chocolate covered ones,he is happy..

Boltlady

Mayor
Wound up by myself, which I enjoyed, so I made a dish of mushrooms with hamburger meat and rutabaga, all well spiced and all cooked together. Also had carrot cake. All better than it sounds.

Zoar

Governor
Salad: Hand torn Romaine and Italian lettuces beneath raisins, walnuts and orange pieces, then drizzled with Pomegranet Balsamic Vinegar
Main Course: Grilled Dark Meat Chicken pieces cooked in garlic and Rosemary and slow cooked red beans over a bed of long grain black rice that was first fried then boiled in saffron and black peppercorns.
Dessert: home made peanut pupper cups made with a three way combination of dark chocolates, bitter, unsweetened and sweetened, accompanied with strawberries and drizzle of strawberry balsamic.

Salad: Hand torn Romaine and Italian lettuces beneath raisins, walnuts and orange pieces, then drizzled with Pomegranet Balsamic Vinegar
Main Course: Grilled Dark Meat Chicken pieces cooked in garlic and Rosemary and slow cooked red beans over a bed of long grain black rice that was first fried then boiled in saffron and black peppercorns.
Dessert: home made peanut pupper cups made with a three way combination of dark chocolates, bitter, unsweetened and sweetened, accompanied with strawberries and drizzle of strawberry balsamic.
Mmmmm yummy

Sounds like my kind of meal except maybe would have thrown some craisans on the salad as well

EatTheRich

President
I got invited to a party tonight. We had lamb, potato & leek soup, bubble & squeak, green salad with arugula and tomatoes, macaroni & cheese with vegi dogs, asparagus, a baguette, and sherbet. Other people also had mashed sweet potatoes but I chose not to eat any. Best meal I've had for years.

Bo-4

Senator
WoW Pace, you need your own cooking show on Food Network. I love to cook, but keep it simple!

*I'm a Rachel Ray kinda chef.. 30 minutes or less baby! ;-)

Bo-4

Senator
That's impressive Zoar! Did you have assistance or purely a solo effort?