• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Spending Cuts, Anyone?

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
I am a fiscal conservative. I would support an effort to force the federal government to be more responsible in spending our money.
1. Federal money for the individual states should be gradually eliminated. If a state wants to fund a project, let them raise taxes on citizens of that state. Pork projects to buy votes is a corrupt practice.
2. Eliminate federal tax deductions for state taxes paid.
3. Means test SS and Medicare payments. They should be safety nets. Gradually reduce payments as other retirement income increases.
4. New rules to limit political gerry mandering are critical. Those setting up districts should not be permitted to view political registration information. I'm not sure if even racial demographics or income should be used, either.
But blank checks for Ukraine and illegal alien "refugees" am I right?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I have yet to see you put a limit on spending for either of those boondoggles.
Look up boondoggle. Making light of either the war in Ukraine or people risking their lives to have a better life in the US don't match

How about millions on Durham? Blank check on republican investigations ok?

A boondoggle is a project or work of no real value

Last edited:

Raoul_Luke

Look up boondoggle. Making light of either the war in Ukraine or people risking their lives to have a better life in the US don't match

How about millions on Durham? Blank check on republican investigations ok?

A boondoggle is a project or work of no real value
I stand by my post.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
According to a CNN poll, that's what a majority of Americans want:

CNN Poll: 60% say debt ceiling increase should come with spending cuts

Sixty percent of Americans say Congress should only raise the nation’s debt ceiling if it cuts spending at the same time, according to a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS, as the government’s June 1 “hard deadline” to avoid economic catastrophe looms large over Washington. Few see President Joe Biden or the Republicans in Congress as acting responsibly in negotiations over the debt limit, with most in both parties more concerned that their side will give up too much than that the United States will default on its debt.

Complete text: CNN Poll: 60% say debt ceiling increase should come with spending cuts | CNN Politics

If CNN's findings are anything close to accurate, it would seem that most people don't place a great deal of faith in the people who run the country.

Shocker!

:D

View attachment 74967
How weird is it that not a SINGLE lefty has dared to voice an opinion that…just maybe…spending less would be a good idea, and attaching such a provision here is wise. Nope. No can do. For kooky anti-traditionalist loons who always insist that things are “non-binary”…their politics certainly are binary.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Okay, you are correct - I was wrong. They are not "boondoggles" - they are disasters...
Indeed. Putin's invasion is a disaster. A crime equivalent to the German invasions of 1939 and 1940. Ukraine was no more a threat to Russia than Poland was to Germany.

Putin is to blame. You would like to say that we should limit how much aide was sent to Ukraine. Is that because you value your money more than the lives of the innocent people of Ukraine? What limit would President Raoul Luke put on aide to the victims of the Russian war?

The "welcome" illegal immigrants receive is also a disaster....They come here hoping to find work and a better life. They are accused of being rapists and criminals...in search of a handout. We are not spending an unlimited amount on illegal immigrants...we are turning them around and sending them back. Immigrants who request asylum are moved to facilities to figure out what to do with them....until they are released.

Are you aware of the law about those requesting asylum?

I don't have a solution. I don't have anyone who owns the blame.

Raoul_Luke

Indeed. Putin's invasion is a disaster. A crime equivalent to the German invasions of 1939 and 1940. Ukraine was no more a threat to Russia than Poland was to Germany.

Putin is to blame. You would like to say that we should limit how much aide was sent to Ukraine. Is that because you value your money more than the lives of the innocent people of Ukraine? What limit would President Raoul Luke put on aide to the victims of the Russian war?

The "welcome" illegal immigrants receive is also a disaster....They come here hoping to find work and a better life. They are accused of being rapists and criminals...in search of a handout. We are not spending an unlimited amount on illegal immigrants...we are turning them around and sending them back. Immigrants who request asylum are moved to facilities to figure out what to do with them....until they are released.

Are you aware of the law about those requesting asylum?

I don't have a solution. I don't have anyone who owns the blame.
I'd like to say we should be against all wars of aggression. The best way to do that as a nation is to stop being militarily aggressive.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I'd like to say we should be against all wars of aggression. The best way to do that as a nation is to stop being militarily aggressive.
Tell Putin. So what should the US do when confronted by an invasion by Russia of a sovereign nation?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Yup...so we should not have invaded Ukraine...
Or tried to shove NATO up Putin's butt.
So you think Putin had the right to invade any country joining Nato?

Countries have to get his official blessing to join in defense treaties?

Belarus promised nukes for any country joining Putin's club. Should they have to get our blessing to join? Should we invade any who do?