• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Spending Cuts, Anyone?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Joey is cutting defense budget for China's benefit
The US defense budget in 2021 was $705 billion. In 2022 it was $753 billion. In 2023 it rose to $816 billion...and you claim Biden is cutting the budget. Dawg, you're a liar.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
It's a basic summary of most things you write.

It's pretty accurate, no?

:)
By the way...I pointed out that the republican hold up on the debt ceiling was not the "right thing to do" because it actually didn't save money. You ignore that and posted that they are doing the right thing.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Last edited:

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Last edited:

Zam-Zam

Senator
By the way...I pointed out that the republican hold up on the debt ceiling was not the "right thing to do" because it actually didn't save money. You ignore that and posted that they are doing the right thing.
Yes. Republicans bad....That is your opinion.

And your focus.

I do believe that reducing spending would be good for America, no matter what side does it.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Out of curiosity, I peaked into a couple of other sites like this one that I know of that are dominated by right-leaning posters. One of them bans members who even hint that they lean left in their posts. They ain't even talking about the "deal" at those sites. One little old thread in each of them with only a handful of posts. They ain't happy posts either.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Out of curiosity, I peaked into a couple of other sites like this one that I know of that are dominated by right-leaning posters. One of them bans members who even hint that they lean left in their posts. They ain't even talking about the "deal" at those sites. One little old thread in each of them with only a handful of posts. They ain't happy posts either.
People who believe that Democrats are always wrong are no better than people who believe Republicans are always wrong - They are in fact both victims of the same narrow-minded intolerant flawed thinking.

Both sides have these types of folks, although our natural tendency is to see the fault in one and not the other. That is our flaw.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
People who believe that Democrats are always wrong are no better than people who believe Republicans are always wrong - They are in fact both victims of the same narrow-minded intolerant flawed thinking.

Both sides have these types of folks, although our natural tendency is to see the fault in one and not the other. That is our flaw.
Okay. Well...I wasn't even talking about who is right or wrong. I was talking about the reaction or lack thereof of mostly hard right-leaning posters in those forums to the "deal".

Zam-Zam

Senator
Okay. Well...I wasn't even talking about who is right or wrong. I was talking about the reaction or lack thereof of mostly hard right-leaning posters in those forums to the "deal".
Yes. And there are hard-left leaning posters as well, no?

write on

Senator
Republican politicians like to say they want to lower debt, but history shows that they are complicit with the Democrats in raising it year after year.

Both sides will squabble like poorly behaved children, both sides will blame the other for everything, and some partisan voters on both sides will fall for it. Nothing new under the sun.

Meanwhile, the debt just keeps getting bigger, the government more bloated and inefficient, and the politicians ever more corrupt. That's our system at present.

Faith in government is faith wasted. They have their best interests at heart, not ours.

There is at least a sliver of good news in that they are fooling fewer and fewer people everyday. Eventually, we all answer for our actions, and there are no exceptions.

In the end, it's all good.
McCarthy is finally realizing what he needs to keep his Speakership knowing that he'll have the far right at his throat.

It's called bipartisanship.

Something that was lost during the 4 years of Trump.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I find it to be irrelevant.

You're stuck on Republicans all bad. I'm more interested in what's best for the nation.

We see things differently. I'm fine with that.
I asked how much money they'd save. You don't know....but are sure it is a good move, because they are republicans.