• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

State of the Union Address will be very short this year

MaryAnne

Governor
It's like some don't want to give Biden credit for his accomplishments after taking on all the challenges he had upon his plate when he took office.

This interview with Buttigieg helps to point some of them out.
"I will say that there have been so many accomplishments under this administration, it can be difficult to list them in a distilled way," Buttigieg said, referencing a recent statement from Biden’s now-former Chief of Staff Ron Klain.

"When you think back in historic terms to what it means to inherit one of the toughest situations faced by any President since F.D.R. Passed the most significant legislation on our economy in many ways since F.D.R. While facing the largest land war in Europe since Truman, achieving the second most important healthcare bill since L.B.J. And the most important infrastructure bill since Eisenhower, as Ron put it…" Buttigieg said.

"Yeah, that’s the thing. None of it seems to accrue to his benefit lately," Todd replied.

"People say that," responded Buttigieg, "but then this President has exceeded expectations again and again politically and functionally in terms of what we're getting done."

Buttigieg said the administration recognizes that Biden's presidency "is happening simultaneously with some of the toughest circumstances ever," but stopped short of assigning blame or responsibility.
Chuck had one good show, then reverted this week.

As I listened to Mike Turner, who I have known since he was a good Mayor of Dayton bush out the Freedom Caucus lines I was embarrassed for him.

His first wife has her own agency and she has been with Kettering Hospital for years. His second had her own money. Both divorces were really nasty.

Mike is my Congressman and oh, how the lowly has fallen. Makes me sad.

MaryAnne

Governor
You think Joey doesn't have authority at the Border?
Will he speak of Flying illegals all over the USA?
Joey's hypocrisy I'm sure will not be spoken of Tuesday night:

Biden’s utter ‘no negotiations’ debt limit hypocrisy (msn.com)

America's biggest problem is dem and repubs and males making ad's in their underwear with blood on them due to their Periods! Our enemies see how weak our citizens are/////
First of all, it is President Joe Biden. I am sorry you are so sad! But not to worry, jobs are coming your way.

I also listened to 2 Republican Congressmen yesterday who have formed a group to work with Democrats together with Democrats to get done in the next 2 years so you will be fine.

MaryAnne

Governor
Wonder why the Public doesn't think so?
They do, the polls are wrong just like they were in the last election.. extreme gerrymandering by Governors like mine gave you a few Congress people..

Blood on their underwear, Dawg? Have you really slid off the path?

TBLee

Governor
Do you have any suggestions on how any president right now would have better policies than what Biden's have been?
Taking personal responsibility for one's own life sometimes exceeds what's expected for a president to have much control over.
First off, it is not MY job to develop better policies, and lead our Country. But, since you asked so nicely. I believe our borders have to be controlled. They are not. That is adding to many issues throughout our country (housing, violence, over crowded schools, drug issues, etc). Some of our cities are experiencing high rates of criminal activity partially because of bail reforms that have allowed criminals right back on the street within hours of committing criminal acts. Often, only to be rearrested over and over again.
Absolutely you and I agree on personal responsibility. The problem with such is that it has been made far too easy for people to ignore the thought process regarding truly taking care of oneself.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
First of all, it is President Joe Biden. I am sorry you are so sad! But not to worry, jobs are coming your way.

I also listened to 2 Republican Congressmen yesterday who have formed a group to work with Democrats together with Democrats to get done in the next 2 years so you will be fine.
First of all it's Joey, at least as he say's his father would say. No sad here, well other than for the falling health of my 98 year old Dad. Of course jobs are coming back but it appears only as needed after May when Joey ends his welfare programs and we will not be the one's left to repay the cost, it will be our kids and grandkids!

Who will pay for Joe Biden's reckless spending? Your children will for decades. (msn.com)

It would be great to see restaurants capable of being open after 2pm that can't now due to lack of employees. You really think the job reports of mainly Service & Hospitality employees can now afford more groceries?

BTW: I was amazed that you would go all Joey and post "20,000,000" job created by Joey!

Is This the End of Joe Biden? (msn.com)

Last edited:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
They do, the polls are wrong just like they were in the last election.. extreme gerrymandering by Governors like mine gave you a few Congress people..

Blood on their underwear, Dawg? Have you really slid off the path?
I didn't stage that sick BS, appears some woke leftist did
Thinkz

Last edited:

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan

You think Joey doesn't have authority at the Border? ...
Did you ever once criticize me or anyone else for referring to "President Donald Trump" as the Orange Turdcycle, Lord Weemittens, Cheeto Mussolini, Adolf Twitler, Benedict Donald, Diaper Don or any of the other derogatory names I and others love to bestow upon him? No - I didn't think so.

So don't you think it might be just a tiny bit hypocritical to complain about @Dawg referring to President Joe Biden as "Joey"?

TBLee

Governor
Did you ever once criticize me or anyone else for referring to "President Donald Trump" as the Orange Turdcycle, Lord Weemittens, Cheeto Mussolini, Adolf Twitler, Benedict Donald, Diaper Don or any of the other derogatory names I and others love to bestow upon him? No - I didn't think so.

So don't you think it might be just a tiny bit hypocritical to complain about @Dawg referring to President Joe Biden as "Joey"?
….awww come on, that is clearly “different”.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

That's Different

The SOTU speech will be longer this year because he will talk about the 20 million new jobs on his watch , 517.000 just this last month.

Then he will talk about the 5 major bills that were passed to benefit the country. And, that he did this with Republican help. He might even give a cheer to Mitch for helping.

I doubt he will call anyone names or give a hate monger a Presidential medal!

Sit back and enjoy hearing a competent President!
Will he talk about the 2.3 million that snuck across the border since he took over, or the crime rate, or the cost of living. I know he claims that inflation was high when he took over but we all know that is a lie. Will he talk about the fact that 60% of the people in this country believe things are worse since he took over. No, he'll do his usual liefest to appease the far left and leave it at that.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have any suggestions on how any president right now would have better policies than what Biden's have been?
Taking personal responsibility for one's own life sometimes exceeds what's expected for a president to have much control over.
So..drop student loan forgiveness, decrease tax deductions, etc..

Lit personal responsibility take over.. yes?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

Orange man. Orange combover.
That was her thing..

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The SOTU speech will be longer this year because he will talk about the 20 million new jobs on his watch , 517.000 just this last month.

Then he will talk about the 5 major bills that were passed to benefit the country. And, that he did this with Republican help. He might even give a cheer to Mitch for helping.

I doubt he will call anyone names or give a hate monger a Presidential medal!

Sit back and enjoy hearing a competent President!
"20 million new jobs"

Facts Matter

RickWA

Snagglesooth
"20 million new jobs"

Facts Matter

That politicians (and their bizarre religious adherent loons) love to lie is just a fact of life at this point. There is no appeal you can make that will cause them to take stock and reevaluate what they have become. They are all send, no receive - with no capacity or instinct to ever self-examine.

I just ignore this BS. These people are content to spend their twilight lying for pols before going to their respective graves. I can’t imagine what sort of horrendous parenting damned them to such. It is both sad and disgusting.

Last edited:

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
So..drop student loan forgiveness, decrease tax deductions, etc..

Lit personal responsibility take over.. yes?
Acutally I am not in favor of student loan forgiveness. Trump put that in place during the Covid crisis.
The pause on student loan repayments, first put in place under former president Donald Trump early in the COVID-19 pandemic, is now set to expire either 60 days after the Supreme Court's decision or 60 days after June 30, whichever comes first.

Requiring those exceeding four hundred thousand a year to pay more has been explained/outlined on Biden's website.
The smaller amount the middle class pay will be minimal according to the experts.

His proposal would also require that group of top earners to limit deductions and pay an additional Social Security payroll tax, per an analysis by Howard Gleckman, a senior fellow with the nonpartisan Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center. Millionaires and billionaires would be subject to taxes on long-term capital gains at ordinary — not preferential — income tax rates.

Additionally, Biden's plan would increase the top tax rate for corporations from 21% to 28% and impose a 15% minimum tax on companies' book income, according to his campaign website. It would also reduce tax subsidies for commercial real estate and fossil fuels and incentivize renewable energy investments, among other changes.

All of that said, the country's richest taxpayers and corporations would cover the majority of Biden's proposed tax increases — not average Americans — both in dollar amounts and as a share of their incomes.

But let's look at the anticipated impact at a granular level. All income levels would face some sort of tax burden in 2021 under Biden's plan (we explain more below), though the highest-income households would pay higher income taxes directly and see substantially larger increases than anyone else. Gleckman made the following estimations:

His plan would raise taxes on households in the top 1% of the income distribution (those with income more than $837,000) by an average of about $299,000. [...]
By contrast, taxpayers in the middle-income quintile (those with income between $52,000 and $93,000) would experience an average tax increase of just $260. [...]
Taxpayers in the bottom quintile (those with income less than $26,000) would see an average tax increase of only $30.
President’s Budget Rewards Work, Not Wealth with new Billionaire Minimum Income Tax | OMB | The White House

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Acutally I am not in favor of student loan forgiveness. Trump put that in place during the Covid crisis.
The pause on student loan repayments, first put in place under former president Donald Trump early in the COVID-19 pandemic, is now set to expire either 60 days after the Supreme Court's decision or 60 days after June 30, whichever comes first.

Requiring those exceeding four hundred thousand a year to pay more has been explained/outlined on Biden's website.
The smaller amount the middle class pay will be minimal according to the experts.

His proposal would also require that group of top earners to limit deductions and pay an additional Social Security payroll tax, per an analysis by Howard Gleckman, a senior fellow with the nonpartisan Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center. Millionaires and billionaires would be subject to taxes on long-term capital gains at ordinary — not preferential — income tax rates.

Additionally, Biden's plan would increase the top tax rate for corporations from 21% to 28% and impose a 15% minimum tax on companies' book income, according to his campaign website. It would also reduce tax subsidies for commercial real estate and fossil fuels and incentivize renewable energy investments, among other changes.

All of that said, the country's richest taxpayers and corporations would cover the majority of Biden's proposed tax increases — not average Americans — both in dollar amounts and as a share of their incomes.

But let's look at the anticipated impact at a granular level. All income levels would face some sort of tax burden in 2021 under Biden's plan (we explain more below), though the highest-income households would pay higher income taxes directly and see substantially larger increases than anyone else. Gleckman made the following estimations:

President’s Budget Rewards Work, Not Wealth with new Billionaire Minimum Income Tax | OMB | The White House
Thanks for those details. I'm also not in favor of student loan forgiveness.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Yeah…if delivered by John Lovitz. “My wife…Morgan Fairchild…yeah that’s it - that’s the ticket…”
Im going to go out on a limb and make a bold prediction here. Most of those who support Biden will say he made a pretty good or even a great speech. Most of those who despise Biden and Democrats in general will say it was horrible and a pack of lies….According to some here that will mean that the former are all clueless tools of the DNC and the latter are all clueless tools of the RNC. It will be interesting to see what category everyone falls into after the speech. All shirtlifters?

Last edited:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Im going to go out on a limb and make a bold prediction here. Most of those who support Biden will say he made a pretty good or even a great speech. Most of those who despise Biden and Democrats in general will say it was horrible and a pack of lies….
Lol. You win!