• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Stocks end lower Friday, cement biggest 9-month plunge in 20 years

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
You’re shifting the burden of proof. You must provide evidence that there is reason to treat any assertion made by such a site as anything other than what it is … an anonymous, unsourced claim by (for Zerohedge which is one of your favorites) a source with a radical authoritarian agenda.
The burden of proof is all on you! Sheesh! If you reject a statement, any statement by anyone or any source, you must be able to refute it or it stands. If it is opinion, then it is no more or less factual than opinions espoused by the mainstream outlets. On second thought, after "Russian collusion" the "Hunter Biden Laptop is Russian disinformation" and any damn thing having to do with covid and/or the vaccines, more like, well, MORE!

EatTheRich

President
Any sources you like? Besides DNC HQ, I mean…
Any source that fact checks, corrects errors, and has a reputation for accuracy. I mean, you do see the difference between those sources and the unsourced blogs that are a staple of right-wing agitprop, right?

EatTheRich

President
The burden of proof is all on you! Sheesh! If you reject a statement, any statement by anyone or any source, you must be able to refute it or it stands. If it is opinion, then it is no more or less factual than opinions espoused by the mainstream outlets. On second thought, after "Russian collusion" the "Hunter Biden Laptop is Russian disinformation" and any damn thing having to do with covid and/or the vaccines, more like, well, MORE!
So you are saying it is legitimate to make up things and then challenge your opponent to prove them false?

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
First thank you for your vote of confidence. The fact that you come to me for solutions to the biggest problems of the day shows how you truly understand that I am not only the greatest poster here or anywhere else online but one of the greatest minds of our time. I'm honored. I'm humbled. So let me answer you.

Starting over a year ago - when the vaccines started rolling out and the pandemic started subsiding I realized that the economy was about to get hot and inflation was likely to ensue. That would have been a very good time to start raising rates to temper the inflationary pressures before they got out of hand. I would have also paid FAR more attention to the supply chain issues rather than just assuming that things would work themselves out. It was also obvious at the time that with increased economic activity that energy demand would escalate causing energy prices to rise. I would have therefore done what I could to increase oil and gas production and push for more energy efficiency throughout the country.

I certainly would not have embarked on that ridiculous student loan forgiveness program which was stupid even then and disastrous now. The abject stupidity of adding a potential $400B into the economy at a time when you are RAISING rates to slow down economic activity is hard to overstate.

But that was then and this is now

Now what could be done with the situation that we find ourselves in today. First raising the Fed rates needed to be done. I might taper back increases a bit and maybe even hold rates steady but would not lower rates. I'd ask for Powell's resignation for his failure to take preventative action to show the country I'm serious about the problem. Same with Janet Yellen who ignored all of the signs and spouted happy talk for as long as she could.

Obviously cancel the entire student loan program. It's inflationary and bad for the economy.

Be aware that unemployment is going to be going up and housing prices will be going down. Put programs in place to deal with the suffering that will be coming down the road because of the lack of action taken a year ago.

We're heading to a recession (if we are not already in one) regardless of what the Biden glad-talkers are spouting.

We still need more energy. I'd not only increase energy production I'd fund alternative energy solutions (including nuclear if I could figure out how to do it safely which hasn't been done historically).

As to the defict, I'd use the trickle-down economic bullshit of the GOP against them. They claim that giving money to the rich increases economic activity. Therefore I'd tax the rich to slow down the economy and tame inflation. The truth is that taxing the ultra-wealthy would be a great idea. I'd eliminate the cut-off figure for SS contributions which would shore up SS greatly.

That's enough brilliance for now. Hopefully that at least partially answers your question.
1664695092066.png

Raoul_Luke

So you are saying it is legitimate to make up things and then challenge your opponent to prove them false?
Like "Russian collusion?" Like "Hunter's laptop is Russian disinformation?" Like "if you get vaxxed you won't catch the virus?" Your side does it all. the. time.

Last edited:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Like "Russian collusion?" Like "Hunter's laptop is Russian disinformation?" Like "if you get vaxxed you won't catch the virus? Your side does it all. the. time.
That's different

Appears those that got jabbed are the one's getting Covid

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Any source that fact checks, corrects errors, and has a reputation for accuracy. I mean, you do see the difference between those sources and the unsourced blogs that are a staple of right-wing agitprop, right?
What I see is lazy leftists avoiding actual claims and assertions and attacking sources. This is retarded.

EatTheRich

President
Like "Russian collusion?" Like "Hunter's laptop is Russian disinformation?" Like "if you get vaxxed you won't catch the virus?" Your side does it all. the. time.
1. My side never used anonymously sourced blogs as evidence of “Russian collusion.” We used things like the video of Trump asking Russia for help smearing Clinton.
2. No one said that Hunter’s laptop was Russian disinformation. The FBI pointed out that the lurid, unsourced statements about the laptop fit the pattern of disinformation the Russians had used to help Trump in the prior election.
3. No one ever said that if you got vaccinated you wouldn’t get the virus. We on the anti-Covid side pointed out the evidence showing that if you got vaccinated you were much less likely to become seriously ill and considerably less likely to infect others.

EatTheRich

President
What I see is lazy leftists avoiding actual claims and assertions and attacking sources. This is retarded.
If your ONLY evidence is an anonymous blogpost, why should it be taken seriously at all? If your claim were true, clearly you could come up with a source that fact checks and corrects errors to back it up?

Raoul_Luke

1. My side never used anonymously sourced blogs as evidence of “Russian collusion.” We used things like the video of Trump asking Russia for help smearing Clinton.
2. No one said that Hunter’s laptop was Russian disinformation. The FBI pointed out that the lurid, unsourced statements about the laptop fit the pattern of disinformation the Russians had used to help Trump in the prior election.
3. No one ever said that if you got vaccinated you wouldn’t get the virus. We on the anti-Covid side pointed out the evidence showing that if you got vaccinated you were much less likely to become seriously ill and considerably less likely to infect others.
1. You didn't have to, because your deep state comrades did it for you.
2. And yet it was all, in fact, factual.
3. Brandon did, actually say precisely that.

They are not "anonymously sourced blogs" - they are aggregators of content from a variety of sources. Some opinion postings are under a pseudonym but to the extent they cite reports from actual news outlets, those statements stand or fall on their own merit, and can not be wished away as "inconvenient truths" by the lefty censorship brigade claiming that it is unserious because the writer isn't identified. Hell, by that standard every post here is bullsh*t.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
If your ONLY evidence is an anonymous blogpost, why should it be taken seriously at all? If your claim were true, clearly you could come up with a source that fact checks and corrects errors to back it up?
Fascinating. First off…that’s not all there is - but more importantly anonymity was directly CELEBRATED and DEMANDED by you folks when making claims about non-Democrats. Have you forgotten already? This happened repeatedly merely 2-3 years ago.

Zero credibility on this stuff for lefty. The blistering, paralyzing case of adolescent non-reciprocity and LIQUID standards is ridiculous.

EatTheRich

President
1. You didn't have to, because your deep state comrades did it for you.
2. And yet it was all, in fact, factual.
3. Brandon did, actually say precisely that.

They are not "anonymously sourced blogs" - they are aggregators of content from a variety of sources. Some opinion postings are under a pseudonym but to the extent they cite reports from actual news outlets, those statements stand or fall on their own merit, and can not be wished away as "inconvenient truths" by the lefty censorship brigade claiming that it is unserious because the writer isn't identified. Hell, by that standard every post here is bullsh*t.
1. You are claiming the video of Trump soliciting Russian assistance in the middle of the debate with Clinton was faked by my imaginary deep state comrades?
2. There has still never been presented any evidence of any crime related to the laptop. We are told that the laptop is the focus of an investigation, whose we don’t know.
3. My error. Pretty idiotic of him, no?

The point is that your “source” is the equivalent to linking to a post on PJ to support factual claims that are not backed by any linked references to fact-checked media (which is why you are linking to such a source in the first place).

Rubberband_Charlie

Council Member
well, many got jabbed and have gotten Covid
many didn't have haven't
Yep...I contracted COVID Delta variant from someone that had been vaccinated and boosted. They were much sicker than I ever got.

And I won't have to worry about the side effects that may come from the "vaccine" in 10 years or so.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yep...I contracted COVID Delta variant from someone that had been vaccinated and boosted. They were much sicker than I ever got.

And I won't have to worry about the side effects that may come from the "vaccine" in 10 years or so.
or glowing in the dark

Raoul_Luke

1. You are claiming the video of Trump soliciting Russian assistance in the middle of the debate with Clinton was faked by my imaginary deep state comrades?
2. There has still never been presented any evidence of any crime related to the laptop. We are told that the laptop is the focus of an investigation, whose we don’t know.
3. My error. Pretty idiotic of him, no?

The point is that your “source” is the equivalent to linking to a post on PJ to support factual claims that are not backed by any linked references to fact-checked media (which is why you are linking to such a source in the first place).
1. Suggesting that Trump's joke about Hillary's "missing emails" was a serious request in an open public forum for Russian assistance is absurd, as confirmed by multiple investigations.
2. So cavorting with hookers while high on coke and toting hand guns is all perfectly legal? Frankly, I certainly hope it is. But what it isn't is a "good look" for the "smartest person" the candidate knows, which would have negatively impacted his chances if it had been given a proper airing. Beyond that, the international dealings that seem suspiciously focused on foreign dignitaries with something to gain with being "in business" with the son of a powerful US politician is, if not evidence of a crime, at least indicative of the sleaziness of the family, which again would have reflected negatively on the candidate if it had been allowed into the (pre-election) discussion.
3. Yes.

The point is that the "establishment" news outlets have again and again and again been shown to have a bias in one political direction, which, of course, is the real reason you are bound and determined to make sure that is the only source considered "acceptable." I reject that as just more left wing attempted censorship designed to protect their propaganda efforts that are fully supported by the mainstream media. Freedom requires that any and all sources be considered only on the basis of their record of factual accuracy and not the left's "opinion" of same.

EatTheRich

President
1. Suggesting that Trump's joke about Hillary's "missing emails" was a serious request in an open public forum for Russian assistance is absurd, as confirmed by multiple investigations.
2. So cavorting with hookers while high on coke and toting hand guns is all perfectly legal? Frankly, I certainly hope it is. But what it isn't is a "good look" for the "smartest person" the candidate knows, which would have negatively impacted his chances if it had been given a proper airing. Beyond that, the international dealings that seem suspiciously focused on foreign dignitaries with something to gain with being "in business" with the son of a powerful US politician is, if not evidence of a crime, at least indicative of the sleaziness of the family, which again would have reflected negatively on the candidate if it had been allowed into the (pre-election) discussion.
3. Yes.

The point is that the "establishment" news outlets have again and again and again been shown to have a bias in one political direction, which, of course, is the real reason you are bound and determined to make sure that is the only source considered "acceptable." I reject that as just more left wing attempted censorship designed to protect their propaganda efforts that are fully supported by the mainstream media. Freedom requires that any and all sources be considered only on the basis of their record of factual accuracy and not the left's "opinion" of same.
1. What investigations? The Russians took it seriously enough that their hacking attempt commenced the same day.
2. The hookers and guns story was well known before the fake laptop stories started coming out. The discussion about including Joe Biden in a business partnership dates to when he was a private citizen. What the FBI called likely Russian disinformation were the stories about using the blood of babies for Satanic cannibal pedophile rituals which were the basis for the use of the laptop in the campaign.

Fact-checked media lean left because the left thrives on the truth.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
1. What investigations? The Russians took it seriously enough that their hacking attempt commenced the same day.
2. The hookers and guns story was well known before the fake laptop stories started coming out. The discussion about including Joe Biden in a business partnership dates to when he was a private citizen. What the FBI called likely Russian disinformation were the stories about using the blood of babies for Satanic cannibal pedophile rituals which were the basis for the use of the laptop in the campaign.

Fact-checked media lean left because the left thrives on the truth.
"left thrives on the truth"...they have you suckered

Democrats care about children unless they're immigrants in need (washingtonexaminer.com)