• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Surgeon General calls out anti-vaxxers

Fast Eddy

Mayor
Its a free country, if you don't want a shot you should not need to get one. The government has no right forcing you.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
that's what ignorant people say.
I truly wonder what the right wing thinks "government" is and what role government plays in society. It appears they believe property rights are the only consideration government should be allowed to participate in, yet they fail to realize that property itself is a function of the government. Are they unfamiliar with deeds?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I truly wonder what the right wing thinks "government" is and what role government plays in society. It appears they believe property rights are the only consideration government should be allowed to participate in, yet they fail to realize that property itself is a function of the government. Are they unfamiliar with deeds?
property rights? I'm not so sure. they think Cliven Bundy has rights over govt land.
frankly, I think they're all anarchists.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
property rights? I'm not so sure. they think Cliven Bundy has rights over govt land.
frankly, I think they're all anarchists.
They do tend to break down to the anarchist pov. No regulations...on anything...except marijuana.;)

EatTheRich

President
Elmo and others should have read the following and then they would understand why a lot of people are refusing vaccinations.

50 Reasons NOT to Vaccinate your Children | World Truth.TV
This includes a lot of misleading and ignorant material, including the assertion of a (many times discredited) autism-vaccines link, and a claim that the long-term effectiveness of vaccines hasn't been tested by a randomized study, which doesn't include the important detail that the reason this hasn't been done is because it would be unethical to expose children to the known risks of going unvaccinated.

Boltlady

Mayor
This includes a lot of misleading and ignorant material, including the assertion of a (many times discredited) autism-vaccines link, and a claim that the long-term effectiveness of vaccines hasn't been tested by a randomized study, which doesn't include the important detail that the reason this hasn't been done is because it would be unethical to expose children to the known risks of going unvaccinated.
Yeah but then there is this from one of big pharma's own scientists,

Vaccines cause autism, says confidential document from corrupt drug company

It's pure tyranny to make laws requiring these vaccines if people don't want them. If a person does believe in them and has gotten themselves and their family vaccinated, then they shouldn't have anything to worry about anyway, right?

EatTheRich

President
Yeah but then there is this from one of big pharma's own scientists,

Vaccines cause autism, says confidential document from corrupt drug company
I'm not impressed when they SAY there's a chart saying vaccines cause autism, but they don't actually show the chart. It makes me think they're hiding something. And I'm not wading through a 1000-page document to find it.

It's pure tyranny to make laws requiring these vaccines if people don't want them.
No more than it's tyranny to require food handlers to wash their hands if they don't want to.

If a person does believe in them and has gotten themselves and their family vaccinated, then they shouldn't have anything to worry about anyway, right?
Except for the loss of others' lives, strains on the medical system, and financial repercussions, you mean? Well, actually, no. Vaccines do not provide 100% protection against evolving pathogens. But, if enough people are vaccinated, infections die out before they become epidemic

Fast Eddy

Mayor
You're aware that he can't close the border without immediately precipitating an economic depression, right?
I totally disagree with that premiss. Bringing illegals in to take American jobs is more of a downer than anything. Soon all the manual jobs will be gone by robotics, so allowing these people to flow in only will fill our welfare rolls.

EatTheRich

President
I totally disagree with that premiss. Bringing illegals in to take American jobs is more of a downer than anything. Soon all the manual jobs will be gone by robotics, so allowing these people to flow in only will fill our welfare rolls.
Ultimately there are no American jobs or "illegal" workers' jobs, only workers' jobs. And the more American workers are pitted against workers of other nationalities, the worse the jobs available to everyone will be and the more people overall will end up unemployed (including by virtue of the artificial borders' hampering the free-market flow of commerce). Likewise there are not Americans' needs and foreigners' needs, there are only human needs, and because the U.S. government doesn't take responsibility for the needs of Chernobyl victims in Ukraine doesn't mean that their humanity ceases to exist.

The only rational response to the mechanization of labor is to use the increased production it unleashes to benefit everyone in the world by giving us more material goods, more leisure time, and more opportunities for creativity.

Fast Eddy

Mayor
Ultimately there are no American jobs or "illegal" workers' jobs, only workers' jobs. And the more American workers are pitted against workers of other nationalities, the worse the jobs available to everyone will be and the more people overall will end up unemployed (including by virtue of the artificial borders' hampering the free-market flow of commerce). Likewise there are not Americans' needs and foreigners' needs, there are only human needs, and because the U.S. government doesn't take responsibility for the needs of Chernobyl victims in Ukraine doesn't mean that their humanity ceases to exist.

The only rational response to the mechanization of labor is to use the increased production it unleashes to benefit everyone in the world by giving us more material goods, more leisure time, and more opportunities for creativity.
The whole premise of your argument is wrong. Nations have borders, so the illegal workers should not be an issue, they should not be allowed and thus no worker conflict. You can't just let any one invade your sovereignty, you must protect your borders, its suicide not to. Throw the illegals out and there is no conflict.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I won't worry about vaccines until Obama closes the damn boarder. we are over run with diseases that are government caused.
our neighbors to the south have higher rates of vaccinating than we do in the USA so your unvaccinated kids won't get sick from them, but will get sick from your ignorant anti-vaxxer neighbors, family and friends.