• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Talking food

EatTheRich

President
Not food but

About two years ago, for the first time I tried the best beer I've ever had in my 42-year-old life. It's called Quilter's Irish Death from Iron Horse Brewery in Ellensburg, Washington. Here in Montana it is about $2.50 for a pint can which is 7.8% alcohol. They describe it as a "dark smooth ale." It has 12 IBUs (for "international bittering units"--about the same as a typical hefeweizen or about 1/4 of what you might find in an IPA). Like it is good enough to make me consider a 6-hour trip to the brewery to drink it on tap from their keg.

You're welcome.

EatTheRich

President
Also this year had the best hot sauce I've ever had in my life: Valentina sauce from Salsa Tamazula in Guadalajara, Mexico. Made with puya chiles it comes in a "hot" variety that is a 900 on the Scoville heat units scale (comparable to green Tabasco sauce) and an "extra hot" variety that is a 2100 (comparable to Frank's Red Hot). Doesn't matter, it is mild and delicious either way, and it goes on pizza, burritos, sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, crackers, grits, cottage cheese, I mean you just can't go wrong.