• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Tell me again: Why do you need more of my money?

justoffal

Senator
A friend of a friend just got hired by the Red Cross as a government worker into one of their Government subsidized positions. She is a phlebotomist and was working locally in an area hospital for about 25 bucks an hour. Not bad. Today she talked with one of my daughter-in-laws and shared the good news about her new $59.00/hr job ( see that's what the Government figures a good phlebotomist is worth these days though they sure don't offer earned income credits to phlebotomists in the private sector that earn $25.00/hr and less). Along with that is a total of 15 paid holidays, a break on her income tax rate and a health care plan with a five dollar deductible for doctor's visits and prescriptions!!! I can't wait for phone to ring as it does from time to time with the red cross on the other end looking for donations. I don't think I can print here what the response will be without incurring the PJ censor-bot.

Red cross, tell me again why you need a donation? Tell me again why you need more of my money?

I'm waiting.

JO

StanH

Council Member
$59.00 per hour for a phlebotomist???? That's a simple certificate program.

My god we are DOOMED.

$59.00 per hour for a phlebotomist???? That's a simple certificate program.

My god we are DOOMED.
hey, remember bachmann and the story about the girl who got brain damaged from vaccine.
you should used by now that the stories from many RW mouths are total invented lie or repeating of the lie without any critical thinking and research on their own(most cons do not have functional brain anyway)

Phlebotomy Defined
Phlebotomy technicians, or clinical laboratory technicians, are medical professionals trained to obtain blood samples from patients through venipuncture (drawing blood through a vein). As a phlebotomy tech, you will also be responsible for taking patient's vitals signs and updating their medical records. These medical professionals must take extra care in sterilization methods due to the nature of the job. Phlebotomy technicians generally work in hospitals, private doctor's offices and blood banks such as the American Red Cross. According to the American Society of Clinical Pathologists, these positions are often hard to fill, with a reported job vacancy that usually stays at around 25 percent.

Income by Experience Levels
According to an August 2009 survey by payscale.com that is updated daily, the average starting salary for a first-year phlebotomy tech is between $9.75 an hour and $12.47 an hour, depending on location. After one year of experience, you can expect to earn between $10.08 an hour and $13.40 an hour. Phlebotomy technicians with at least five years of experience are earning between $11.39 an hour and $14.76 an hour. Those who have been on the job for at least 10 years can earn an hourly wage of $12.37 to $16.10 an hour.

Types of Employer
The type of employer can also affect incomes for phlebotomy techs. Those employed in private physicians' offices average between $10.51 an hour and $14.31 an hour. Hospitals pay only slightly more, up to $14.56 an hour on average. Phlebotomy work in non-profit agencies pays better at an hourly rate of $11.55 an hour on the low end to $15.55 on the higher end. Those phlebotomy techs working for state and local government agencies are earning the highest incomes, ranging between $11.22 and $16.02 an hour.

Job Location and Pay
The area where you work can also have a determination on how much money you can make in the phlebotomy field. Some of the highest-paid techs are working in Boston, earning averages lows and highs of $13.56 and $17.32 an hour. Phlebotomy techs in Chicago make $12.56 to $15.43 an hour and in Phoenix $11.54 to $14.55 an hour. Phlebotomy techs in San Antonio make $10.01 to $13.19 an hour.

Read more: Phlebotomy Average Salary | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5376208_phlebotomy-average-salary.html#ixzz1iRcqQpIk

Lapcat

Governor
Just typical government redistribution from private sector to public sector. Problem is.....the private sector is fast running out of money and resources to pay for the public sector. I guess the only thing left to do once that happens is for government to just take over EVERY thing ......

which has been (and IS) the agenda and leftist plan all along.

Council Member
Yeah you want us to believe that what you write is the truth because you wrote it. Just went and checked it out and the average wage is around 12.50 to 18.00 depending on where and how how long you have been doing the job.

But of course you have a friend who knows someone and now we are having a conversation about what you think is really stupid. By the way JUST OFF, what do you do and how much do you get paid?
Stan we know what you do, sit on these boards and get paid for the crazy post you can come up with, but how much you get paid is a big question?

OldGaffer

Governor
hey, remember bachmann and the story about the girl who got brain damaged from vaccine.
you should used by now that the stories from many RW mouths are total invented lie or repeating of the lie without any critical thinking and research on their own(most cons do not have functional brain anyway)

Phlebotomy Defined
Phlebotomy technicians, or clinical laboratory technicians, are medical professionals trained to obtain blood samples from patients through venipuncture (drawing blood through a vein). As a phlebotomy tech, you will also be responsible for taking patient's vitals signs and updating their medical records. These medical professionals must take extra care in sterilization methods due to the nature of the job. Phlebotomy technicians generally work in hospitals, private doctor's offices and blood banks such as the American Red Cross. According to the American Society of Clinical Pathologists, these positions are often hard to fill, with a reported job vacancy that usually stays at around 25 percent.

Income by Experience Levels
According to an August 2009 survey by payscale.com that is updated daily, the average starting salary for a first-year phlebotomy tech is between $9.75 an hour and $12.47 an hour, depending on location. After one year of experience, you can expect to earn between $10.08 an hour and $13.40 an hour. Phlebotomy technicians with at least five years of experience are earning between $11.39 an hour and $14.76 an hour. Those who have been on the job for at least 10 years can earn an hourly wage of $12.37 to $16.10 an hour.

Types of Employer
The type of employer can also affect incomes for phlebotomy techs. Those employed in private physicians' offices average between $10.51 an hour and $14.31 an hour. Hospitals pay only slightly more, up to $14.56 an hour on average. Phlebotomy work in non-profit agencies pays better at an hourly rate of $11.55 an hour on the low end to $15.55 on the higher end. Those phlebotomy techs working for state and local government agencies are earning the highest incomes, ranging between $11.22 and $16.02 an hour.

Job Location and Pay
The area where you work can also have a determination on how much money you can make in the phlebotomy field. Some of the highest-paid techs are working in Boston, earning averages lows and highs of $13.56 and $17.32 an hour. Phlebotomy techs in Chicago make $12.56 to $15.43 an hour and in Phoenix $11.54 to $14.55 an hour. Phlebotomy techs in San Antonio make $10.01 to $13.19 an hour.

Read more: Phlebotomy Average Salary | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5376208_phlebotomy-average-salary.html#ixzz1iRcqQpIk
Where is the 59 buck an hour pay scale? Yuri? Yuri?

Council Member
Just typical government redistribution from private sector to public sector. Problem is.....the private sector is fast running out of money and resources to pay for the public sector. I guess the only thing left to do once that happens is for government to just take over EVERY thing ......

which has been (and IS) the agenda and leftist plan all along.
Just typical lying is what I see. (https://www.americanredcross.apply2j...wJob&RID=17781)

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
I remember when these republican idiots were claiming GM workers were making 70 dollars an hour...They are liars

justoffal

Senator
If I did not know this person personally I would never have believed the number myself. But I do know this person, IN PERSON and her husband too. She is now making $59.00/hour and she couildn't be more excited about it. Let's see now that's about $480.00/day or $2,400.00/wk which as I figure it is about right when we account for inflation over the past ten years...funny how only government pay scales keep up with the inflation that we don't have eh?

GordonGecko

President
Because Dubya put his wars on a "credit card" and we don't want to send old folks back to the "poor farms" like we did before 1935???

justoffal

Senator
I am no fan of George Bush and very likely to believe any and all criticisms you may offer in his behalf. I spent seven of his eight years calling him every name in the book but the one I am most proud of is Elitist. He was never a conservative....more liberal on Border Issues than most Democrats and definitely in the tank for the 100 club...by that I mean one hundred million and up.

NO LO CONTESTO

justoffal

Senator
I have brought up a dozen sites offering jobs for RED CROSS phlebotomy and I notice that none of them list salary ranges.....hmmm I find that most curious.

Oh BTW read your linked article again. In mentions NOTHING whatsoever about Red Cross Salary tables.