• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Tennessee high school student killed after firing at officer in school bathroom

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
And just in time.......

TN Gov. Bill Lee on 4/8/21 signed a bill allowing most adults to carry a handgun without a permit, an effort that was at the top of his legislative agenda for the year. ... It allows people 21 and older to carry handguns openly or concealed without a permit, along with members of the military ages 18 to 20.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
The kid took a gun to school is the preliminary report - not much else yet.

Guns should always be locked up and I think the vast majority are but it only takes one lapse of judgement.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
And just in time.......

TN Gov. Bill Lee on 4/8/21 signed a bill allowing most adults to carry a handgun without a permit, an effort that was at the top of his legislative agenda for the year. ... It allows people 21 and older to carry handguns openly or concealed without a permit, along with members of the military ages 18 to 20.
That has WHAT to do with a high school thug with a GUN?

Surely you know 'magnet' schools are for thugs!

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Actually it's not, when criminals know citizen can shoot back, they are pron to not fork with someone armed.

Reality is criminals are cowards.
We're beyond saturated with guns, so guns aren't the issue ... It's the willingness to use it on another... Aka..crime.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
We're beyond saturated with guns, so guns aren't the issue ... It's the willingness to use it on another... Aka..crime.
Exactly, if GUNS were the problem with over 300,000,000 guns Known of there'd be no questioning it.

Presently the news is of many 14/15/16 year old's going bang-bang as they do while playing their bang-bang guns on PC's..........

When I was 16 everyone at high school had guns in the back window of their trucks and we NEVER had a school shooting nor did news report of shootings at other high schools.

These teens know they will be released at 18 and don't give a damn......IMO

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Exactly, if GUNS were the problem with over 300,000,000 guns Known of there'd be no questioning it.

Presently the news is of many 14/15/16 year old's going bang-bang as they do while playing their bang-bang guns on PC's..........

When I was 16 everyone at high school had guns in the back window of their trucks and we NEVER had a school shooting nor did news report of shootings at other high schools.

These teens know they will be released at 18 and don't give a damn......IMO
I agree, in that it is a matter of behavioral control. More and more young adults are emerging into adulthood without the ability to control themselves, to handle anything, to achieve anything, I believe they're being overwhelmed by hopelessness and lashing out

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I agree, in that it is a matter of behavioral control. More and more young adults are emerging into adulthood without the ability to control themselves, to handle anything, to achieve anything, I believe they're being overwhelmed by hopelessness and lashing out
I don't have the answers, been a long time since I had teens at home and they thought I was the meanest dad in the world until in early 20's and phoned and thanked me for being so tough and if not they wouldn't have achieved what they had achieved. IMO it's Parents trying to be teens friends rather than Parents or it's the lack of having both parents in a home?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have the answers, been a long time since I had teens at home and they thought I was the meanest dad in the world until in early 20's and phoned and thanked me for being so tough and if not they wouldn't have achieved what they had achieved. IMO it's Parents trying to be teens friends rather than Parents or it's the lack of having both parents in a home?
Yep. Or they're dumb themselves

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Handguns are for shooting people.

They both used them for their intended purposes.

We need to stop pretending this isn't supposed to happen.
Is that why Hunter Biden lied on background check to get a handgun and then his mistress threw it in the trash?

I've killed a lot of food with handguns and never a person.......so of course you posted another LIE

Punk used it for murder, the cop used it for defense

WTF!

Last edited:

Spamature

President
I've killed a lot of food with handguns and never a person.......so of course you posted another LIE

Punk used it for murder, the cop used it for defense

WTF!
Both of them used their handguns for their intended purpose.

You were either using the wrong tool, or misusing a tool for the wrong job.

Just like you used misused your presidential vote to punish the country instead of improve it.

Mick

The Right is always right

Spamature

President
Yes. But no, its not supposed to. But does
Yes it is supposed to happen.

People with guns shoot other people because that is what a gun is for.

At the very least we need to quit pretending we are surprised by this, or that it is an unexpected result of gun ownership.

If we just take that small step we would be better off.