• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The 25 most influential first ladies in U.S. history

Caroljo

Senator
Inside Govt'.....brought to you by a bunch of 'bloggers'. Supposedly non-partisan. Snopes is also supposed to be non-partisan, but we all know better. THIS written by a blogger from souther California. Putting Michelle 5th from the top? I don't believe it. The only think I see that she was influential for was putting the US down, now that she says we have 'no hope".

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Seven of the top 10 are from the modern era (since the FDR administration)
in this order:
First place: Eleanor Roosevelt
Third place: Jacqueline Kennedy
Fifth Place: Michelle Obama
Sixth Place: Hillary Clinton
Seventh Place: Lady Bird Johnson
Eighth Place: Betty Ford
Tenth Place: Rosalyn Carter

http://us-first-ladies.insidegov.com/stories/12004/most-influential-first-ladies#26-Complete-Ranking-of-First-Ladies
Things Michelle Obama will be remembered for
"for the first time in my Adult life, I am proud of America"
"All this over a damn flag"
"After you vote you can have some fired chicken"
"We feel the difference now. See, now, we are feeling what not having hope feels like"

Hillary will be remembered, well as a narcissistic lying bitch

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
"We feel the difference now. See, now, we are feeling what not having hope feels like"

It probably stings that all but one of them were democrats.. Right?

MrMike

Bless you all

Well...Mooch being around in public did prove that the Sasquatch was real and living among us. So there is that positive net effect!

Colorforms

Senator
It probably stings that all but one of them were democrats.. Right?
Not really. Democrats do tend to be activists.

What I like is that you seem to think being influential is a good thing. Remember, Hitler was also influential.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member

What I like is that you seem to think being influential is a good thing. Remember, Hitler was also influential.
I don't really care what you like. Remember...Donald Trump obviously 'influenced' enough sheep to vote for him, and he has been compared to Hitler.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
in this order:
First place: Eleanor Roosevelt
Third place: Jacqueline Kennedy
Fifth Place: Michelle Obama
Sixth Place: Hillary Clinton
Seventh Place: Lady Bird Johnson
Eighth Place: Betty Ford
Tenth Place: Rosalyn Carter

http://us-first-ladies.insidegov.com/stories/12004/most-influential-first-ladies#26-Complete-Ranking-of-First-Ladies
I wouldn't put Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama on the list. Nothing that either of them did and no projects upon which the embarked, were successful. Neither left, or will leave office, with a positive attitude or anything that will ever cause Americans to remember them fondly.
Nancy Reagan was extremely influential. I personally did not like the woman, but her influence on her husband (to his detriment, in my opinion) was immense and she is remembered now more fondly than most FLOTUS.
I believe Jackie Kennedy was the most influential First Lady in my lifetime; then Eleanor Roosevelt (not really in my lifetime but I've read a lot about her).
I liked Rosalyn Carter a hell of a lot more than I liked her one-nutted husband.
Didn't care much for Lady Bird, Barbara Bush, or Mary Todd Lincoln (she was as nutty as a fruitcake).
Dolly Madison is my choice for the best FLOTUS of all.

Last edited:

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member

Godwin...plus banality...equals ridiculous.

Ridiculous commentary: Remember, Hitler was also influential

Yes...leaders, no matter who they are and what they accomplish, are "influential".

Why is it a simple discussion about First Ladies almost immediately gets turned into a Hitler thread?

Why not, say...discuss the women who don't appear? For example, Nancy Reagan is not on the list. She was decidedly influential with her "Just Say No" campaign. Laura Bush is not on that list, although she pushed literacy, and I can find no fault there. Laura just isn't a dynamic personality on screen. She's clearly strong, as she made Georgie behave, laying down the law on his drinking. That makes her influential in a different way.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
I wouldn't put Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama on the list. Nothing that either of them did and no projects upon which the embarked, were successful. Neither left, or will leave office, with a positive attitude or anything that will ever cause Americans to remember them fondly.
Nancy Reagan was extremely influential. I personally did not like the woman, but her influence on her husband (to his detriment, in my opinion) was immense and she is remembered now more fondly than most FLOTUS.
I believe Jackie Kennedy was the most influential First Lady in my lifetime; then Eleanor Roosevelt (not really in my lifetime but I've read a lot about her).
I liked Rosalyn Carter a hell of a lot more than I liked her one-nutted husband.
Didn't care much for Lady Bird, Barbara Bush, Laura Bush or Mary Todd Lincoln (she was as nutty as a fruitcake).
Dolly Madison is my choice for the best FLOTUS of all.
Wasn't Eleanor Roosevelt gay? Not that it matters to me, but I thought I heard that. I didn't mind Laura Bush but always wondered why a 30 yr old Librarian would marry a drunken fool like GW. Hillary and Michelle probably won't leave with a positive attitude but I don't think any FLOTUS was ever ridiculed and called the names they were and still are.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Even more sheep voted for Hillary, Lamb Chop, if you count all the illegals who voted in California.
Even not counting the illegals, more voted for her. Do you really believe Trump's childish BS that there were nearly 3 million illegals voting for her? I guess you're not as intelligent as I thought you were.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Wasn't Eleanor Roosevelt gay? Not that it matters to me, but I thought I heard that. I didn't mind Laura Bush but always wondered why a 30 yr old Librarian would marry a drunken fool like GW. Hillary and Michelle probably won't leave with a positive attitude but I don't think any FLOTUS was ever ridiculed and called the names they were and still are.
What woman needs a man more than a 30-year-old librarian. Perhaps GW had a secret weapon in his pants.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Seven is the new ten.
Well if you and Marvin weren't so intent on sliming me or anything I post, you 'd see what I actually wrote...Read it again..

in this order:

I said SEVEN and named them....

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Even not counting the illegals, more voted for her. Do you really believe Trump's childish BS that there were nearly 3 million illegals voting for her? I guess you're not as intelligent as I thought you were.
Yes I do.
Does this mean we're breaking up?

Caroljo

Senator
Members: Inside Government: Loyola University Chicago
www.luc.edu/insidegovernment/members.shtml
  1. Similar
Members of Inside Government come from a variety of majors and political backgrounds.

I'd trust a bunch of majors and Political background SCHOLARS before I'd trust an argumentative, know-it-all who doesn't even know 3rd grade grammar. They are NON-PARTISAN and your disdain for Michelle Obama is obviously because she's black and WAY more educated than you or I.
Still can't stop the personal attacks, can you? Just so you know, because it's so important to you, I've reported your attack on both myself and Mike. You're welcome.

You also really need to get over Michelle being black....some of you just can't seem to get past that.