• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The "American Dream" has successfully been killed by

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Lefties are conflicted. They believe only the rich/elites should own property, but they hate them for it with all their little black hearts.
My daughter and SIL just bought a home in the past few weeks in upstate NY........taxes added something like $300 a month to mortgage payment........but, I must say they got a hellofa deal on the home price wise!

Barbella

Senator
Millions of people who are underwater with their mortgages will continue to "walk away" from them. And can you really blame them, doc? I know people who paid $300,000 for their home a few years ago, now it's worth $175,000....If they needed to or wanted to move and sell it for that amount, they'll not only walk away with nothing, they'll still owe the bank a hundred grand or so for something they can't even live in...and for the life of me, I can't see how this situation they're finding themselves in is THEIR fault.

If I were in that situation, I'd probably do the same thing.....stop paying the mortgage, sock the money away in the bank, and after two years or so, when they get ready to throw me out, tell them to stick it up their collective asses, and walk away.

It's sort of like "you can't fire me, because I quit!"...LOL

Barbella

Senator
Some of them, Phil....not all of them. Loss of job/medical expenses/death/divorce....shit happens, and you suddenly find your income cut in half, or less. Then what?

degsme

Council Member
Yeah....that'll be what USED to be called the "middle class".
Hmm since it is Congress that is refusing to pass regulations forcing banks to "write down" the value of the mortgages in the name of "property rights" of the banks and shareholders... how is this Obama acting?

Lapcat

Governor
Life isn't fair, Barb. But under an Obamanation....it's going to be a LOT more unfair for most Americans.....

until we can get the SOB out of office.

At least "pre-Obamanation" people had a chance to pick up the pieces and start over and still make things work for them. That is no longer true in America.

Some of them, Phil....not all of them. Loss of job/medical expenses/death/divorce....shit happens, and you suddenly find your income cut in half, or less. Then what?

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
No, I don't think that the population of Democratic politicians are any better or significantly different from the population of Republican politicians. There are are a few good ones, lots of mediocre ones, and a few really bad apples in both parties. The current political system seems to make things even worse.

That said, on balance, I prefer Democratic policies to Republican policies. I suspect that you feel the reverse.

Oh, please. PLEASE. Do you honestly think democrats are any better than republicans? Seriously?????

Lobato1

Mayor
GOPers now blame Dems 4 Fannie Mae, AIG but Dems & nothing 2 say in 2005

Specifically, the Fanie Mae, AIG, et Al., debacles were in "2005", when Dems had nothing to say because in "2005" GOPers controlled all three branches of our government:

1st. In the Executive: the Bushistas had a 51.2% "MANDATE" to rule.
2nd In the Legislative: the 108th & 109th Congress, GOPers had ample majorities in both the House & the Senate
3rd. The SC: a GOP appointed majority,

But then when the economy crashed with the Financial crisis of "August 2008," as a direct result of the Mortgage crisis of 2007 this riffraff turned around & blamed the Dems (as you are now doing)because:

"A couple of maverick Dems" had voted with them in 2005.

My Reference on Congress: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0774721.html

Sad.

Best Regards

Lobato1

Bo-4

Senator
I hate whoever is in charge of f****ng it up at the moment. I used to hate Republicans, now I hate Democrats. This country has been going downhill for at least 10 or 20 years (if not more), and both sides (read: they're ALL on the same side no matter WHAT they tell you, and that side is THEIRS) have contributed to it more or less equally.
Hmmmm, see? This is why i like and read you. You're SORT of even-handed although ya rarely call out your own by name.

I agree for the most part. And the answer is what?

My solution. Term limits: Two current terms for Congress, and 8 years TOTAL for SCOTUS. Otherwise the money starts dripping in and effing everything up.

*8 years max for a president is perfect btw.

The opponents to term limits always say: naw, it takes that long to learn the job and think about all the wonderful guys who did wonders for our country who we'd not have had.

To that I say: yes.. and think of ten times those of abject idiots (both sides but mostly yours ;-) we wouldn't have had also!!

Citizen's United? Please don't tell me you thought that was a great decision.. even NEWT hates it!

Barbella

Senator
Where did I say anything about Obama?

Oh yeah, that's right....I didn't. While it "happened under his watch", to quote you lefties when Boooosh was responsible for EVERYTHING under the sun, I did NOT blame anyone except our "dear leaders". Take from that what you want.

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Barbella,

My philosophy is to do the best that I can do for myself, my family, and my community that I can do no matter who our "dear leader" happens to be. I do have more confidence in some leaders than other leaders but I don't think that I will accomplish much with out putting in some of my own sweat equity. So it goes.

Oh yeah, that's right....I didn't. While it "happened under his watch", to quote you lefties when Boooosh was responsible for EVERYTHING under the sun, I did NOT blame anyone except our "dear leaders". Take from that what you want.

Lobato1

Mayor
GOPers now blame Dems 4 Fannie Mae, AIG but Dems & nothing 2 say in 2005

Where are Bawny Fudd and Chris Dudd when we need them?
Specifically, the Fanie Mae, AIG, et Al., debacles were in "2005", when Dems had nothing to say because in "2005" GOPers controlled all three branches of our government:

1st. In the Executive: the Bushistas had a 51.2% "MANDATE" to rule.
2nd In the Legislative: the 108th & 109th Congress, GOPers had ample majorities in both the House & the Senate
3rd. The SC: a GOP appointed majority,

But then when the economy crashed with the Financial crisis of "August 2008," as a direct result of the Mortgage crisis of 2007 this riffraff turned around & blamed the Dems (as you are now doing)because:

"A couple of maverick Dems" had voted with them in 2005.

My Reference on Congress: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0774721.html

Sad.

Best Regards

Lobato1

degsme

Council Member

And since in other places "our dear leaders" has EXCLUDED GWB as the cause of the crash and focussed on Barnie Frank (who was in the minority and not even a leader within the minority when most of this crap went down) its not an unreasonable conclusion.

fairsheet

Senator
Am I maybe the ONLY one who actually READ the top-cite? This whole "Kumbaya" thing around how everyone's competing with one another as to who hates the guvmint most, has been fun.

But...NO one has made any effort whatsoever, to actually critique the top-cited proposal. It's almost as if no one read beyond the headline. So...am I out of line in asking what's actually WRONG with this proposal?

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
No, you are not out of line. I would welcome a critique of the actual proposal.

Am I maybe the ONLY one who actually READ the top-cite? This whole "Kumbaya" thing around how everyone's competing with one another as to who hates the guvmint most, has been fun.

But...NO one has made any effort whatsoever, to actually critique the top-cited proposal. It's almost as if no one read beyond the headline. So...am I out of line in asking what's actually WRONG with this proposal?