• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The Biden economic juggernaut steams ahead - 311,000 new jobs!

protectionist

Governor
Link to EO that opened the border.

Because as I recall that was something that went before the courts.
Biden signs 3 executive orders reversing Trump on immigration (nypost.com)

Biden has signed 25 other executive orders since taking office on Jan. 20, including orders to halt construction of Trump’s US-Mexico border wall and to affirm the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program that grants work permits and protection from deportation to people brought illegally to the US as children.

Biden reversed a range of other Trump policies by executive order, including ending a visa ban on a group of predominately Muslim countries including Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen that Trump said was about national security. Biden said it was in fact a ban targeting Muslims.

The White House has requested that Congress pass legislation providing a pathway to citizenship (amnesty), for an estimated 11 million illegal immigrants currently in the US (actually it's about 40 million)

A federal judge in Florida on Wednesday agreed with the state's Republican attorney general that the policy of President Joe Biden's administration to release many people who illegally cross the U.S.-Mexican border rather than detaining them violates U.S. immigration law.

U.S. District Judge T. Kent Wetherell in Pensacola blocked the administration from continuing to implement a 2021 Department of Homeland Security (DHS) memo that had authorized "alternatives to detention" to ease overcrowding in detention facilities. These alternatives included ankle bracelets, phone monitoring or check-ins by immigration officers. Republican critics have called the policy "catch and release."

Biden's 'catch and release' border policy struck down by US judge | Reuters

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
That was their fault, not Biden's.
Simply put, they f*ck up.

A bid to reassure investors goes awry
The failure of Silicon Valley Bank was caused by a run on the bank. The company was not, at least until clients started rushing for the exits, insolvent or even close to insolvent. But banking is an enterprise that relies as much on confidence as on cash — and if that runs out, the game is over.

The collapse may have been an unforced, self-inflicted error: The bank’s management chose to sell $21 billion of bonds at a $1.8 billion loss, in large part, it appears, because many of those bonds were yielding an average of only 1.79 percent at a time when interest rates had risen drastically and the bank was starting to look like an underperformer relative to its peers. Moody’s was considering downgrading its rating. The bank’s management — with the help of Goldman Sachs, its adviser — chose to raise new equity from the venture capital firm General Atlantic and also to sell a convertible bond to the public.

It isn’t clear if the bond sale or the fund-raising, at least initially, had been made under duress. It was meant to reassure investors. But it had the opposite effect: It so surprised the market that it led the bank’s very smart client base of venture capitalists to direct their portfolio clients to withdraw their deposits en masse.

Sorry Spam but that ain't t he way that the world works. You should always take my words of wisdom to heart. Unlike all of the Trumpsters and Biden apologists I stay consistent. The world is what it is. If you are looking for a fair place earth isn't it. Things work the way they always work and as I ALWAYS say:

When things go good the President gets the credit.
When things go badthe President takes the blame.

Biden's incompetent handling of the US economy is what has led to this. I've pointed it out many times. I've even bookmarked one of my long explanations here because I'm so tired of you whiners complaining "If you are so smart @PNWest what would you have done" - read and learn - https://www.politicaljack.com/threads/crazed-continue-their-march-biden-to-set-self-on-fire-evening-before-the-midterms-then-blame-trump.152597/page-2#post-3138603

Hopefully one of these days you'll wake up and demand better from Biden and the Democrats.

It's NEVER Biden's fault as far as you BidenBesties™ are concerned. Amirite?

♫♪ It doesn't matter what went wrong ♪♫
♫♪ Biden's not to blame.... YEAH ♪♫
♫♪ Imma gonna sing my song.... ♪♫
♫♪ The song remains the same! ♪♫

♪♪♫ There is very little Biden can do about it ♫♪♪

Spamature

President
Biden signs 3 executive orders reversing Trump on immigration (nypost.com)

Biden has signed 25 other executive orders since taking office on Jan. 20, including orders to halt construction of Trump’s US-Mexico border wall and to affirm the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program that grants work permits and protection from deportation to people brought illegally to the US as children.

Biden reversed a range of other Trump policies by executive order, including ending a visa ban on a group of predominately Muslim countries including Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen that Trump said was about national security. Biden said it was in fact a ban targeting Muslims.

The White House has requested that Congress pass legislation providing a pathway to citizenship (amnesty), for an estimated 11 million illegal immigrants currently in the US (actually it's about 40 million)

A federal judge in Florida on Wednesday agreed with the state's Republican attorney general that the policy of President Joe Biden's administration to release many people who illegally cross the U.S.-Mexican border rather than detaining them violates U.S. immigration law.

U.S. District Judge T. Kent Wetherell in Pensacola blocked the administration from continuing to implement a 2021 Department of Homeland Security (DHS) memo that had authorized "alternatives to detention" to ease overcrowding in detention facilities. These alternatives included ankle bracelets, phone monitoring or check-ins by immigration officers. Republican critics have called the policy "catch and release."

Biden's 'catch and release' border policy struck down by US judge | Reuters
Where is the order that opens the border ?
This is blather.

Spamature

President
Sorry Spam but that ain't t he way that the world works. You should always take my words of wisdom to heart. Unlike all of the Trumpsters and Biden apologists I stay consistent. The world is what it is. If you are looking for a fair place earth isn't it. Things work the way they always work and as I ALWAYS say:

When things go good the President gets the credit.
When things go badthe President takes the blame.

Biden's incompetent handling of the US economy is what has led to this. I've pointed it out many times. I've even bookmarked one of my long explanations here because I'm so tired of you whiners complaining "If you are so smart @PNWest what would you have done" - read and learn - https://www.politicaljack.com/threads/crazed-continue-their-march-biden-to-set-self-on-fire-evening-before-the-midterms-then-blame-trump.152597/page-2#post-3138603

Hopefully one of these days you'll wake up and demand better from Biden and the Democrats.

It's NEVER Biden's fault as far as you BidenBesties™ are concerned. Amirite?

♫♪ It doesn't matter what went wrong ♪♫
♫♪ Biden's not to blame.... YEAH ♪♫
♫♪ Imma gonna sing my song.... ♪♫
♫♪ The song remains the same! ♪♫

♪♪♫ There is very little Biden can do about it ♫♪♪
That is exactly how the world worked.

If you are blaming Biden for causing the worldwide inflation following the pandemic.
And you say you are fair.
Then show me your post blaming Trump for causing the worldwide pandemic that lead to this inflation.

♫♪ Your tune is a bit off key ♪♫
♫♪ To me it sounds like hypocrisy ♪♫

Last edited:

RickWA

Snagglesooth
That is exactly how the world worked.

If you are blaming Biden for causing the worldwide inflation following the pandemic.
And you say you are fair.
Then show me your post blaming Trump for causing the worldwide pandemic that lead to this inflation.

♫♪ Your tune is a bit off key ♪♫
♫♪ To me it sounds like hypocrisy ♪♫
Uhh…germs, bacteria, and viruses do not cause inflation. Monetary policy does.

Someone get these liars out of here.

Spamature

President
Uhh…germs, bacteria, and viruses do not cause inflation. Monetary policy does.

Someone get these liars out of here.
Trump had a monetary policy response to the pandemic, did he not ?
Also his social policies had an effect on the pandemic response that coincided with his monetary policy.

In other words, so what ?
That does not answer the question.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Trump had a monetary policy response to the pandemic, did he not ?
Also his social policies had an effect on the pandemic response that coincided with his monetary policy.

In other words, so what ?
That does not answer the question.
As did Biden. Both morons presided over a “print more money” policy…which…unlike viruses, germs, and bacteria…CAN actually lead to inflation.

Spamature

President
As did Biden. Both morons presided over a “print more money” policy…which…unlike viruses, germs, and bacteria…CAN actually lead to inflation.
Then gripe about both of them, especially the one who "printed the most money" and took a few million of it for himself while he was at it.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Then gripe about both of them, especially the one who "printed the most money" and took a few million of it for himself while he was at it.
I do gripe about both of those morons. I also take time out to correct people that think there’s an “inflation virus”. :)

Spamature

President
I do gripe about both of those morons. I also take time out to correct people that think there’s an “inflation virus”. :)
So you think its a coincidence that 190 countries are simultaneously experiencing inflation and the pandemic had nothing to do with it regardless of the fact that they all didn't have the same monetary policy.

PS

The country with the most stringency in regard to COVID policy (China) isn't experiencing that inflation.

Do you think that means US leaders were too lenient ?

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
And I suppose that every time anyone bashed Trump about COVID you trotted out the old "This was going to happen on the planet Earth regardless of who sits in the WH." Funny I don't remember that. You don't either.

Yes Biden is better than Trump. That's a pretty f*cking low bar. It's not my job and frankly it's beyond my imagination to tell you what Trump would have done to quell inflation but that doesn't matter. Trump ain't President. And just like we did with Trump and COVID so we shall do with Biden and the failing economy we see today:

Remember what @PNWest always says. It's a fundamental law of politics:

When things go well the President gets the credit.

When things go poorly the President takes the blame.

That's the way that the world works.

But don't accuse me of not actually explaining the things that Biden did wrong. I spelled them out in detail long ago....
If Trump had won, the war in Ukraine would never have happened and we'd still be fracking the sh*t out of our largest energy reserves in the world, goosing production and keeping a lid on energy prices.

Oh, and if the State and Local Democratic pols hadn't fought him every step of the way on Covid, the damage done to prices from trillions in MMT would not have occurred.

But of course the evil Orange man is responsible for everything wrong in the world, including stuff that happened well after he was drummed out of office by the deep staters and their allies in the DNC, tech and the media, so carry on...

RickWA

Snagglesooth
So you think its a coincidence that 190 countries are simultaneously experiencing inflation and the pandemic had nothing to do with it regardless of the fact that they all didn't have the same monetary policy.

PS

The country with the most stringency in regard to COVID policy (China) isn't experiencing that inflation.

Do you think that means US leaders were too lenient ?
Monetary policy had something to do with it - as did nations’ responses in locking folks down, etc. Policy causes this…otherwise, just get on the horn to Wuhan and have those chaps conjure up a “pangolin prosperity virus”.