• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

the Boss says NO to NC anti-gay law

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
This:

Bruce Springsteen on Friday canceled a scheduled North Carolina concert over the recent passage of a sweeping anti-LGBT law by the Republican legislature.

The Boss took no prisoners in explaining his decision:
To my mind, it’s an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress. Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments. Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th. Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
This:

Bruce Springsteen on Friday canceled a scheduled North Carolina concert over the recent passage of a sweeping anti-LGBT law by the Republican legislature.

The Boss took no prisoners in explaining his decision:
To my mind, it’s an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress. Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments. Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th. Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them.

Many on the right were quite congratulatory when Beretta decided to open a plant outside Maryland because of Maryland's gun laws.

They do not seem as congratulatory when a "conservative" law has artists cancel concerts and companies relocate elsewhere due to laws that allow such discrimination. Go figure.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Many on the right were quite congratulatory when Beretta decided to open a plant outside Maryland because of Maryland's gun laws.

They do not seem as congratulatory when a "conservative" law has artists cancel concerts and companies relocate elsewhere due to laws that allow such discrimination. Go figure.
this North Carolina governor must be the only Republican in America who doesn't care about the business climate or the threats from businesses to pull out of their state. his anti-gay passion rules his thinking........makes one wonder why.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Fox News host Todd Starnes lashed out at Springsteen on Twitter by pushing the conservative “bathroom predator” myth, claiming that Springsteen’s opposition to the anti-LGBT law meant Springsteen wanted “grown men to use the bathroom with little girls.”

Caroljo

Senator
Huh....seems he doesn't care much for all the fans that had already bought tickets and are now going to be let down. So he hurts the people who love him just to make a point (which won't change anything anyway). I think the guy's a jerk, so I wouldn't waste my money on him anyway.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
So much for knowing anything about the law. It's anti-pedophile The law is to keep peds out of women's showers and restroom who in their right mind would be against keeping those freaks away from Little Girls ? Maybe the Boss likes little girls.
Who would have thought.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Chad Sevearance the man who pushed for the Charlotte bathroom ordinance is a convicted sexual predator he was arrested in 1998 and charged in Cherokee County, S.C. sexually molesting a 15 year old boy while he slept.

This is why he is the Boss...NC just blew a chance to hear him play. The Boss has always been about the working man and normal folks, he did the right thing here. Now the good people of NC need to rid themselves of these cancerous homophobes and join the human race.

Caroljo

Senator
This is why he is the Boss...NC just blew a chance to hear him play. The Boss has always been about the working man and normal folks, he did the right thing here. Now the good people of NC need to rid themselves of these cancerous homophobes and join the human race.
Like I said....all he did was screw over all his fans that bought tickets. I'd bet most of them wouldn't agree with his decision! What he did will make no difference (besides him losing many fans because of it idiocy)

Like I said....all he did was screw over all his fans that bought tickets. I'd bet most of them wouldn't agree with his decision! What he did will make no difference (besides him losing many fans because of it idiocy)
They will get their money back, he said so in his statement. It does not surprise me you could care less about this type of persecution of minorities. Don't ever stop hating, it defines you.

Caroljo

Senator
They will get their money back, he said so in his statement. It does not surprise me you could care less about this type of persecution of minorities. Don't ever stop hating, it defines you.
I wouldn't want someone other than a natural woman to go into the Womens bathroom in a public place when my young daughter was in there. Hell...I don't want one coming in when I'm in there! How about a bathroom put in JUST for Trans, Gays, Lesbians? Why should I have to be uncomfortable because they want it their way? Why are people like you persecuting ME because of my beliefs? Why are your beliefs worth more than mine? Answer me honestly.