• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The DOJ has finally gotten serious with Jan 6th traitors.

Hi, Citizen. How are the peaches treatin’ ya?
:)
Not "citizen", looks like that was another poster.

I don't want you addressing me as "Citizen", I'll make up a name for you in turn if its called for but it'll be akin to what J6 MAGA's support (like treason, child kidnappings, hate) k?

Look, MAGA's who support treason of course get real patriots confused so ... typical reaction to reality no?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
She was breaking the law and leading the way for a mob intent on violence if they could get their hands on members of congress. What would you have done if your job was to protect congress? What do you think she'd have done if the guard did nothing?

I guess you think the rioters were patriots and not just oddly loyal to a douche bag.
How is it you know exactly what was on her mind.........she wasn't Armed and standing beside her was BLM Sullivan so you're posting a white female was worth shooting by a black cop!

A MAN would have just cuffed her

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Not "citizen", looks like that was another poster.

I don't want you addressing me as "Citizen", I'll make up a name for you in turn if its called for but it'll be akin to what J6 MAGA's support (like treason, child kidnappings, hate) k?

Look, MAGA's who support treason of course get real patriots confused so ... typical reaction to reality no?
Ok, I know for a fact you are Citizen - right down to your closing statement you always made that went something like:
“Support the MAGA NAZI cult, vote Trump!!” and so on and so forth. This really isn’t a mystery - but have a swell night. You leftists need to remember that not everyone is addled and deficient. Stop projecting.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
But there's a problem.

You think faith trumps Science. (pun intended)
Actually, they occupy different spheres. Science is an excellent tool and methodology. The originator of the Scientific Method was a dedicated Christian man.

I get it that you have a hang up there, but it’s yours…not mine. No problem at all reconciling faith and science. Most of the brilliant scientists in modernity were believers. :)

write on

Senator
Ok, I know for a fact you are Citizen - right down to your closing statement you always made that went something like:
“Support the MAGA NAZI cult, vote Trump!!” and so on and so forth. This really isn’t a mystery - but have a swell night. You leftists need to remember that not everyone is addled and deficient. Stop projecting.
I'm trying to figure out as to whether you a ttump cultist or not.

Nah, not really.

EatTheRich

President
Actually, they occupy different spheres. Science is an excellent tool and methodology. The originator of the Scientific Method was a dedicated Christian man.

I get it that you have a hang up there, but it’s yours…not mine. No problem at all reconciling faith and science. Most of the brilliant scientists in modernity were believers. :)
Who? Bacon? In his time Christianity was not only an ingrained prejudice but also a more reasonable perspective given our general ignorance and lack of explanation for so many things that are now understood to have physical explanations. The intellectual shortcomings of Bacon and a distinct minority of brilliant scientists (especially the modern ones) aside, Christianity still requires the acceptance of blatant contradictions, both internally and with observation.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Who? Bacon? In his time Christianity was not only an ingrained prejudice but also a more reasonable perspective given our general ignorance and lack of explanation for so many things that are now understood to have physical explanations. The intellectual shortcomings of Bacon and a distinct minority of brilliant scientists (especially the modern ones) aside, Christianity still requires the acceptance of blatant contradictions, both internally and with observation.
Bacon, Newton, so many who leveraged reason and intellect - but explain it away however you’d like. Facts are facts.

I just enjoy the lectures about science and the mutual exclusiveness of science and faith

…from liberal arts types and non-believers. You just can make this stuff up. Have fun, fellas.

write on

Senator
Bacon, Newton, so many who leveraged reason and intellect - but explain it away however you’d like. Facts are facts.

I just enjoy the lectures about science and the mutual exclusiveness of science and faith

…from liberal arts types and non-believers. You just can make this stuff up. Have fun, fellas.
And you call yourself a Libertarian?

/s

RickWA

Snagglesooth
And you call yourself a Libertarian?

/s
No. Stop me if you’ve heard this. I am a registered Independent who happens to be conservative, traditionalist, and somewhat “small l libertarian”. While it is incredible to me how frequently I must explain the same, simple thing to you folks over and over and over again…this has nothing to do with the ready reconcilability of Christianity and science.

I am sure, however, that everything I just wrote will be passed over in favor of the next irrational, bizarre unrelated non-sequitur. I’m glad you guys have so much fun with this. Personally, I think a night hoops league, softball, or coaching youth sports would be more fulfilling…but you do you. Enjoy.

write on

Senator
No. Stop me if you’ve heard this. I am a registered Independent who happens to be conservative, traditionalist, and somewhat “small l libertarian”. While it is incredible to me how frequently I must explain the same, simple thing to you folks over and over and over again…this has nothing to do with the ready reconcilability of Christianity and science.

I am sure, however, that everything I just wrote will be passed over in favor of the next irrational, bizarre unrelated non-sequitur. I’m glad you guys have so much fun with this. Personally, I think a night hoops league, softball, or coaching youth sports would be more fulfilling…but you do you. Enjoy.
But, but....your written words say different.

It's OK, @RickWA , I understand you riding a fence.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
How is it you know exactly what was on her mind.........she wasn't Armed and standing beside her was BLM Sullivan so you're posting a white female was worth shooting by a black cop!

A MAN would have just cuffed her
1. did the cop know she was unarmed?
2. should the cop have assumed she was unarmed?
3. would the few hundred rioters right behind her have waited patiently while he put her in cuffs before following her through the window?
4. were her intentions, having crashed through that window, peacedul and law abiding and non-threatening?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
But, but....your written words say different.

It's OK, @RickWA , I understand you riding a fence.
No fence whatsoever. To recap:
1) Jesus Christ IS God. He is savior. He is Lord.
2) Science is real, and is a dependable methodology to apprehend the physical universe.
3) #1 & #2 are fully reconciled. No conflict.
4) God is so great that he doesn’t coerce or force us into faith in him - in fact we choose whether or not to accept His grace. That is Biblical fact. So…volition is what the Lord offers. We choose whether or not to accept Him…and He set it up that way. No robots, no authoritarian puppet master…just individual volition and choice.

So, yes. I am a Christian. I am a scientist. And I am a politically independent person who leans toward “libertarian” individualism. If God doesn’t coerce obedience and abject conformity, then who are our sad political leaders to do so?

Now then…on to your next binge of misrepresenting everything I write…

Have a nice evening.

write on

Senator
2) Science is real, and is a dependable methodology to apprehend the physical universe.
4) God is so great that he doesn’t coerce or force us into faith in him - in fact we choose whether or not to accept His grace. That is Biblical fact. So…volition is what the Lord offers. We choose whether or not to accept Him…and He set it up that way. No robots, no authoritarian puppet master…just individual volition and choice.

So, yes. I am a Christian. I am a scientist. And I am a politically independent person who leans toward “libertarian” individualism. If God doesn’t coerce obedience and abject conformity, then who are our sad political leaders to do so?

Have a nice evening.
(1- 3) pffftt

(4) Show me some proof. I hear tell that there were dinosaurs on the Ark.

Am I wrong? /s

write on

Senator

Have a nice evening.
What's the topic?

EatTheRich

President

I have an M.S. in a STEM field in addition to the liberal arts background you seem to lack. My commitment to rationality makes me a proud nonbeliever, since employment of the rational (scientific) method discloses that science and blind (religious) faith are incompatible. The alchemists and astrologers, the fundamentalist Aristotelians and Rosicrucians who are typical of the abortive efforts to combine scientific and religious endeavor in the work of an individual, represent a transitional period between the faith of our barbarous past and the reason of our superhuman future.