• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

the genesis of civilization

Days

Commentator
1) Lifelong confirmed Lutheran who no longer attends but goes Baptist from time to time.

2) I find the Bible accessible to people in a couple of ways. Either at a very salt of the earth level or at a rigorous theologian level. In either case the Holy Spirit is very much needed as you so appropriately point out to get it right.

I wish... no I will start to become a more avid student of the good book.

From your top post: Maybe only Jews are people on this planet and the rest of us are just monkeys and hence Adam being the first man. I kid of course. :0)
I'm not sure if it is in this thread, but somewhere, I pointed out that the first 5 chapters of Genesis belongs to another time, it isn't a solely Jewish writing, it was penned by the Jews as an introduction to the history, life, and times of Abraham, but it must have existed long before Abraham. I've taken the liberty to compare it with every source of ancient science in which I can find associations for it. We can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth... so when searching for the truth... dig, dig, dig!

Last edited:

Days

Commentator
I'm not sure if it is in this thread, but somewhere, I pointed out that the first 5 chapters of Genesis belongs to another time, it isn't a solely Jewish writing, it was penned by the Jews as an introduction to the history, life, and times of Abraham, but it must have existed long before Abraham. I've taken the liberty to compare it with every source of ancient science in which I can find associations for it. We can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth... so when searching for the truth... dig, dig, dig!
So, wow, here's a thread that looks at Genesis in terms of human civilization... instead of creation of the universe.

It is one way to interpret ... the myth. A myth is a story that was passed mouth to mouth, do you realize the entire book of Genesis was a myth? Genesis begins so far back, no one knows for sure where, and it ends with Joseph, still a couple of centuries before it was written down.

So, how about this approach? The genesis of civilization. Here, I interpret the book to begin a quarter million years ago, at the end of a total global flood that completely wiped out mankind on the earth. Chapter one creates Neanderthal man and seeds him on the land with the animals. Chapter 2 creates Cuomo-sapien man and inserts him into existing culture. Figure 180,000 years ago for the garden planted eastward in Eden. That's just one application, there are more options...

Ancient Man and His First Civilizations (Link)

the whole point is to see this for the early chapters...

... being replaced in chapter 6 by the world we live in today, and that history is roughly 35,000 years old.

TheResister

Council Member
"In the beginning" of what?

Mankind, in our current image and likeness, has been around for 200,000 years. There was a flood as recently as 9000-12,000 years ago. So there is two civilization periods. The book of Genesis starts at somewhere before the first civilization... in the beginning of that time period.

The earth was empty, as in void, as in no land sticking up out of the water. So God had totally flattened the earth, which means the oceans would have covered it to an average depth of 1 1/2 miles. We are not told why he did that, or what pissed him off that time, or if it was just a big mistake. But we are told that God gathered the land together, populated it, then separated the land into continents, and it is terribly obvious that the continents all fit back together. There's a rock cycle, so don't believe any dates in the billions of years for rocks. Maybe believe that dating for stars, but stars aren't rocks, capice?

So God tells man to go "replenish" the earth.

replenish: fill (something) up again. restore (a stock or supply of something) to the former level or condition.

Be fruitful and multiply. So the whole intent in creating man all over again was to reproduce a working civilization. It's a do-over. When a potter goofs up a vase, he smashes the clay down, adds more water, and starts over.

Something like 30,000 to 40,000 years ago, we had some very high tech civilization going on. Which means it was around for another 15,000 years minimum, to reach that point. I'm inclined to believe that the entire 200,000 years played out in the last two civilizations. IOW, there was no cave man bull shit in the past 200,000 years. Man was created intelligent. And there was mankind before this time, but he may not have been made in God's image and likeness. He may have been a cave man... but I doubt it. Even the animals have intelligence, so why would you expect mankind to be less intelligent than the animals? What would be the point in creating animalistic mankind? Again, don't believe any dates in the millions of years for human skeletons. I only believe mankind predates the book of Genesis because the book of Genesis tells me that he did. There is no way a human skeleton survived whatever catastrophe reduced the earth to a perfect sphere covered with water. For that matter, there is no way any skeleton of any creature survived that, except if they were fossilized by it, which they would have, if it was a sudden inundation.

How were the floods created? The land was flattened. Bring down the mountains, bring up the sea floor, and the oceans will cover everything. The first flood was an absolute leveling. The 2nd flood was a partial leveling. The deep trenches in the ocean floor were raised and then dropped, the mountains may have been lowered somewhat and then raised back up, but the water did not cover everything in Noah's flood, it was a docile enough flood for a wooden boat to survive. It would have, no doubt, melted the ice that had formed in North America into the Great Lakes. And it would have created fossils.

So now you see that there was two floods in the Bible. The first one which finished off all mankind and Noah's flood which did not finish off all mankind. The Bible records there were giants before Noah's flood and that they survived the flood, heck, there was still some smallish giants in the land of Canaan in David's time. In Moses' time there was real giants in the land, maybe 12 feet tall, maybe 20 feet tall, before Noah's flood some were 30 feet tall, even 35 feet tall. Figure that was something like 5000-7000 years after the flood, and likely longer. So, there's little doubt that more than Noah's family survived the flood.

Just as there is little doubt that mankind was already on the earth before God created Adam... heck the lands already had names, and already had people in them, so Adam wasn't even the beginning of the civilization before Noah's flood, he was inserted into it. If you think about it, man was created upon the land in chapter one, then God goes back and creates Adam and Eve in a garden he planted eastward in e-den, so civilization was well under way already.
Did you smoke a lot of weed before coming up with that version of the Bible?

Days

Commentator
Did you smoke a lot of weed before coming up with that version of the Bible?
Sort of. From the age of 15-21.
But it was followed by a lot of study of scripture from the age of 21-57.

When I started investigating ancient witnesses - pre-Noah's flood - some 15 years ago, I already had the scriptures firmly planted in my brain for that investigation. We've been advancing from the dark ages, and the dogmas of the dark ages, for 500 years now.

Have you studied the scriptures?

Last edited:

TheResister

Council Member
Sort of. From the age of 15-21.
But it was followed by a lot of study of scripture from the age of 21-57.

When I started investigating ancient witnesses - pre-Noah's flood - some 15 years ago, I already had the scriptures firmly planted in my brain for that investigation. We've been advancing from the dark ages, and the dogmas of the dark ages, for 500 years now.

Have you studied the scriptures?
I went to Bible school and was a pastor before studying law.

Have you noticed the similarities between the names Israel and Azeri (Azerbaijan), and Yahweh and Jove (which was pronounced Yoway)? Also Jupiter (Jew-father). And the flight from Egypt, which has no historical evidence, was probably from the subjugation of a prehistoric Asian group that had conquered the Jews when they lived in the Caucasus.

Days

Commentator
Have you noticed the similarities between the names Israel and Azeri (Azerbaijan), and Yahweh and Jove (which was pronounced Yoway)? Also Jupiter (Jew-father). And the flight from Egypt, which has no historical evidence, was probably from the subjugation of a prehistoric Asian group that had conquered the Jews when they lived in the Caucasus.
Abraham lived in a world of idolatry. Even Jacob had idols as he traveled around the promised land. The journey of Abraham was from a faith in many gods to a faith in a single God; the most high God. Israel struggled with keeping that faith all through it's existence ... constantly backsliding into idol worship and running after the gods of the nations that surrounded them. Eventually, Jesus showed us a God who comes inside us, plants a divine seed in us, and that seed transforms our nature and being. That transformation in the Christian walk, not any book knowledge, but a living connection with the holy spirit springing up inside us, changes us, transforms us... that's the faith that was first planted in the Apostles and has been passed on for a couple thousand years. Faith is a fire. God must have worked with mankind a long, long, long, long time before he felt the time was right to bring forth Jesus and do a totally new work with us. It isn't the same old gods of those ancient times, it is a totally new thing. The same seed that was planted in Mary was passed to the church and it is the same fire that has been passed from spirit to spirit down through the Age.

TheResister

Council Member

Days

Commentator
Not exactly for money. By the time we got through helping the sick, poor, and others in need, I didn't even make minimum wage. I'm about to have to undergo surgery and they think I may not be able to return to work - forced onto disability. If so, you probably know what I'll return to.
I personally, understand exactly what you are facing. I've been poor my whole life because of the impossibility of serving Jesus. He hates the doctrine and deeds of the clergy and he demands that we come out of the corporate church. I never entered that monster, I trained for ministry but I refused the job... knowing that Jesus hates the whole dirty business of religion... but then, how are we supposed to eat? food stamps? Dawg gave me hell for my wife taking food stamps, but we would starve without them.

So you get a pass from me, I'm not sure how I will get a pass for giving you a pass... I definitely will have to answer for that... but look for me to help your defense when your judgment comes up, no doubt the angels won't miss this post, so I'll be there for ya.

Did you read the dissertation? I'm hell on hirelings, but it came straight from scripture, I can only find one thing that Jesus said he hates... the doctrine and deeds of the clergy. He loves the clergy, he just hates what they are teaching and doing. The deeds, no doubt, refers mainly to taking money for the ministry.

TheResister

Council Member
I personally, understand exactly what you are facing. I've been poor my whole life because of the impossibility of serving Jesus. He hates the doctrine and deeds of the clergy and he demands that we come out of the corporate church. I never entered that monster, I trained for ministry but I refused the job... knowing that Jesus hates the whole dirty business of religion... but then, how are we supposed to eat? food stamps? Dawg gave me hell for my wife taking food stamps, but we would starve without them.

So you get a pass from me, I'm not sure how I will get a pass for giving you a pass... I definitely will have to answer for that... but look for me to help your defense when your judgment comes up, no doubt the angels won't miss this post, so I'll be there for ya.

Did you read the dissertation? I'm hell on hirelings, but it came straight from scripture, I can only find one thing that Jesus said he hates... the doctrine and deeds of the clergy. He loves the clergy, he just hates what they are teaching and doing. The deeds, no doubt, refers mainly to taking money for the ministry.
Thank you. I will always bear your words in mind.

I never worked for a corporate church. There was an organization back then, and it may still be around, called the Coalition of Unregistered Churches. We supported that effort.

That separation of church and state hooey always had me puzzled. The government wants you to apply for permits, non-profit status AND even tell you what doctrines are palatable - and which they will rescind your non-profit status over. Funny wall in my opinion, but then again that was a phrase from a private letter written by Thomas Jefferson, not a part of the Declaration of Independence nor the Constitution.

Days

Commentator
Thank you. I will always bear your words in mind.

I never worked for a corporate church. There was an organization back then, and it may still be around, called the Coalition of Unregistered Churches. We supported that effort.

That separation of church and state hooey always had me puzzled. The government wants you to apply for permits, non-profit status AND even tell you what doctrines are palatable - and which they will rescind your non-profit status over. Funny wall in my opinion, but then again that was a phrase from a private letter written by Thomas Jefferson, not a part of the Declaration of Independence nor the Constitution.
corporal = body
corporation = a part of the body
incorporation = placed into the body of the state.

A state consists of it's government (the head) and it's corporations (the body)

If you are placed into the body of the state (incorporated) you are in spiritual adultery.
If you run an enterprise (a corporation for profit - regardless of whether that profit is taxed) then you have entered spiritual whoredom. That's why Babylon is a whore. Rome is the state and it's state run religion was always for profit... and regulated by the Roman Senate. Pontifex maximus was an elected position in the Senate, you held the office for life... Julius Caesar ran for the office and held it his entire life. Eventually the whore in Rome was reorganized by the body itself (the reformation)... into daughters of the whore, which also were incorporated into the state, preached for money, and hired clergy to run their enterprises. It isn't hard to see why Jesus hates the doctrine of harlotry or the deeds of preaching for money.

fast forward to the American state. It is still the state. It is the world, not the body of Christ. The church is supposed to remain separate (holy) from the state, not incorporate into the state and then point at political dogma as justification for its harlotry. If your church just incorporated (committed harlotry with the state), but says, hey, its okay, the state says we are separate... once you are placed in the body of the state, you are part of the state, that ends the separation right there, the two become one.

Last edited:

Days

Commentator
Okay, so let's look at what created a global flood. When 2 miles of ice is covering most of the land mass in the northern hemisphere, and suddenly it melts, and dumps all that water into the oceans, so that global sea level rises 350 feet to 400 feet, is it any wonder we have flood myths all over the planet?

12,500 years ago, the planet warmed up. It takes a while to melt tens of thousands of years of ice. Figure the floods happened over a 1000 to 3500 year period, or from 9500 BC to 7000 BC.

Now, think. Mankind had been on the planet for a quarter million years from the Genesis 1:2 global flood, so where would he have built his civilizations? Same place he always built his cities; along the coasts of the earth. 400 feet of water is going to utterly wipe out human civilization, isn't it? An awful lot of coastline is going to be under water, any civilization from the prehistoric / pre-flood times, is going to be on the sea bottom. Only inland pyramids would still be on dry land. Did you know there's was a water mark on the Giza pyramids' capstones at 100 feet?

Every scripture from every religion/culture on earth tells us there was civilization pre-flood. We have massive architectural evidence of those civilizations. But the Babylonish system of religion and government that rules modern western civilization is dead set on reading the flood myth in Genesis as literal as possible. Even though the Bible is filled with poetry, psalms, proverbs, prophecy, all kinds of creative writing, that way of understanding Genesis is widely rejected. The text offers no reason to read it literal, it was obviously a recorded myth, the same myth that was recorded over 300 times in various cultures around the world, and all the world's myths of a flood point back to the same geologic event, that happened 9000 to 12,000 years ago.

At any rate, mankind was flooded. His civilizations are found all over the earth in what is today the first shelf of the ocean on all continents. So, here are two videos of what I think were television specials, where one scientist goes looking for the now below water ancient civilizations.

Last edited:
Abraham lived in a world of idolatry. Even Jacob had idols as he traveled around the promised land. The journey of Abraham was from a faith in many gods to a faith in a single God; the most high God. Israel struggled with keeping that faith all through it's existence ... constantly backsliding into idol worship and running after the gods of the nations that surrounded them. Eventually, Jesus showed us a God who comes inside us, plants a divine seed in us, and that seed transforms our nature and being. That transformation in the Christian walk, not any book knowledge, but a living connection with the holy spirit springing up inside us, changes us, transforms us... that's the faith that was first planted in the Apostles and has been passed on for a couple thousand years. Faith is a fire. God must have worked with mankind a long, long, long, long time before he felt the time was right to bring forth Jesus and do a totally new work with us. It isn't the same old gods of those ancient times, it is a totally new thing. The same seed that was planted in Mary was passed to the church and it is the same fire that has been passed from spirit to spirit down through the Age.
Anti-Semitism Is Idol-Worship

The Jews were already saved. God sent His Son to save the rest of us. Deified secular tyrants made up the Christ-killer misinterpretation to protect their own usurpation of God's role on Earth.

Okay, so let's look at what created a global flood. When 2 miles of ice is covering most of the land mass in the northern hemisphere, and suddenly it melts, and dumps all that water into the oceans, so that global sea level rises 350 feet to 400 feet, is it any wonder we have flood myths all over the planet?

12,500 years ago, the planet warmed up. It takes a while to melt tens of thousands of years of ice. Figure the floods happened over a 1000 to 3500 year period, or from 9500 BC to 7000 BC.

Now, think. Mankind had been on the planet for a quarter million years from the Genesis 1:2 global flood, so where would he have built his civilizations? Same place he always built his cities; along the coasts of the earth. 400 feet of water is going to utterly wipe out human civilization, isn't it? An awful lot of coastline is going to be under water, any civilization from the prehistoric / pre-flood times, is going to be on the sea bottom. Only inland pyramids would still be on dry land. Did you know there's was a water mark on the Giza pyramids' capstones at 100 feet?

Every scripture from every religion/culture on earth tells us there was civilization pre-flood. We have massive architectural evidence of those civilizations. But the Babylonish system of religion and government that rules modern western civilization is dead set on reading the flood myth in Genesis as literal as possible. Even though the Bible is filled with poetry, psalms, proverbs, prophecy, all kinds of creative writing, that way of understanding Genesis is widely rejected. The text offers no reason to read it literal, it was obviously a recorded myth, the same myth that was recorded over 300 times in various cultures around the world, and all the world's myths of a flood point back to the same geologic event, that happened 9000 to 12,000 years ago.

At any rate, mankind was flooded. His civilizations are found all over the earth in what is today the first shelf of the ocean on all continents. So, here are two videos of what I think were television specials, where one scientist goes looking for the now below water ancient civilizations.

Why didn't they just abandon the coastal cities and build the same civilization inland?

Days

Commentator
Why didn't they just abandon the coastal cities and build the same civilization inland?
LOL, you think I am a time traveler, eh? I have no idea what really happened in that sequence of life, but I can speculate. If the flood was more like a couple of millenniums of rising water, it seems logical that they did exactly that, moved inland, then the inland civilization was covered also, and they moved further inland and it got covered, that's why we have cut stone strewn across the ocean floor all the way to 50 miles out to sea. Those civilizations were moving inland, so the further out to sea you find structures, the older those will be, and when you find the original coastline civilizations, those could be extremely old, who knows?

First big idea I have about those megalith foundations on the ocean floor, is that they look an awful lot like stone foundations used for original Chicago skyscrapers. In other words, ancient civilization might have built quite high on top of those stone foundations, using other materials... that didn't survive their fates, however it actually played out. So, all we have left is the cut stone foundations.

Another scenario to consider:

A massive chunk of ice breaks free from the North American ice sheet (remember, that sucker was 2 miles high!) and slides down the continent grinding all American civilization into pebbles in a single event. That's gotta hurt. Mexico, the Caribbean and ways south all have pyramids, but not the good ol' USA. Well, they didn't build pyramids under the ice sheet, but they might have built them in southern USA, and the ice sheet might have destroyed all of that.

Once you get the picture of what was there, which was a massive ice sheet on top of the planet and mankind living in the middle and southern portions of the planet, all getting inundated by the oceans rising some 350-400 feet... then the pieces of the puzzle all come together.

Last edited:

Days

Commentator
LOL, you think I am a time traveler, eh? I have no idea what really happened in that sequence of life, but I can speculate. If the flood was more like a couple of millenniums of rising water, it seems logical that they did exactly that, moved inland, then the inland civilization was covered also, and they moved further inland and it got covered, that's why we have cut stone strewn across the ocean floor all the way to 50 miles out to sea. Those civilizations were moving inland, so the further out to sea you find structures, the older those will be, and when you find the original coastline civilizations, those could be extremely old, who knows?

First big idea I have about those megalith foundations on the ocean floor, is that they look an awful lot like stone foundations used for original Chicago skyscrapers. In other words, ancient civilization might have built quite high on top of those stone foundations, using other materials... that didn't survive their fates, however it actually played out. So, all we have left is the cut stone foundations.

A massive chunk of ice breaks free from the North American ice sheet (remember, that sucker was 2 miles high!) and slides down the continent grinding all American civilization into pebbles in a single event. That's gotta hurt. Mexico, the Caribbean and ways south all have pyramids, but not the good ol' USA. Well, they didn't build pyramids under the ice sheet, but they might have built them in southern USA, and the ice sheet might have destroyed all of that.

Once you get the picture of what was there, which was a massive ice sheet on top of the planet and mankind living in the middle and southern portions of the planet, all getting inundated by the oceans rising some 350-400 feet... then the pieces of the puzzle all come together.
The flood story of Noah will tease your imagination. It gives exact days of deluge, exact depth of waters, and exact time of subsiding. The numbers seem awful huge. But, the manner of the flood described, screams "local". If it had been a global flood, how would it have subsided? Where would the wind have blown the waters off to? This flood reads like an area in the mountains that water poured into until the waters over flowed the area, then it subsided; completely subsided. That's a local flood.

But it is a local flood that was part of a global flooding event, that no doubt lasted a couple thousand years or more. And it likely consisted of hundreds of local floods, just like Noah's. And it spawned hundreds of myths of how locals survived the floods, and who is to say that they didn't all happen? Details always get confused when oral stories are retold for thousands of years before they were written down... unless they were written down from the gitgo, and that also seems a likely possibility.

Look at Genesis 7:20. What is this verse saying? I always thought it meant that the waters were 15 cubits (22 feet) above the mountains, but then I realized that the mountains were not going to be the same height so which mountain was the waters 22 feet higher than? And how would Noah possibly know that? Then I thought it was a sounding, but that doesn't make sense either since it would have been impossible for Noah to take a sounding; and if he had taken a sounding, the text would have said he took a sounding. Since the verse follows verse 20 talking about the immensity of the flood, perhaps it is a summary of that immensity? In which case, the mean sea level rose 22 feet from this flood alone... that would be a gigantic local flood!

Echoes of a Prehistoric Horror

Unevolved Mongols destroyed those cities before the floods and exterminated the inhabitants, ending forever what had become a decadent civilization. The same rampage drove the Caucasians out of the Caucasus Mountains and into Europe for the first time. Academic archeology denies this. Like Barney the Purple Dinosaur, they lecture us that we're all one big happy family.

Days

Commentator
Echoes of a Prehistoric Horror

Unevolved Mongols destroyed those cities before the floods and exterminated the inhabitants, ending forever what had become a decadent civilization. The same rampage drove the Caucasians out of the Caucasus Mountains and into Europe for the first time. Academic archeology denies this. Like Barney the Purple Dinosaur, they lecture us that we're all one big happy family.
Before the flood? That sounds like recent history, 2000 years ago. Maybe I'm not understanding you. But we agree on one thing, gawd, did I ever hate that purple dinosaur.

mandatory viewing...

Days

Commentator
Before the flood? That sounds like recent history, 2000 years ago. Maybe I'm not understanding you. But we agree on one thing, gawd, did I ever hate that purple dinosaur.

mandatory viewing...

Now, Graham Hancock is an archaeologist (and a stoner):cool:... he's no climatologist. The
Younger Dryas Cold Event was not caused by "dust in the air". There was no dust in the air for 1300 years, that's just crazy. Let's look at it:

So, what I see here is an epoch warming event immediately met by the North American ice sheet being struck by a fractured meteorite. Big time melting, lots of flooding and what happens when ice melts? It absorbs a lot of heat from the atmosphere; hence the cooling. Then, when the ice is all melted it warms back up and another ice sheet breaks off and melts, more flooding, more cooling, and then it warms up again, and then another. From start to finish, I see 7 major flood events over the course of 5000 years, the final one producing the 8200 year cooling event.

That's going to produce a lot of flood myths, dontchathink?

Noah's flood looks like a local flood to me, but it was part of a global flooding event.

Now, about those pyramids. Those were power plants. You put a power plant in the middle of a city to power the city. The pyramids sent an energy beam straight up the center and bounced it off the atmosphere. The energy beam would then return down in a mushroom like enclosure providing energy for all within. Something as big as the pyramids at Giza might have been powering a very large region, a lot more than just a city. Egypt appears to have been an ancient industrial center (before the flood, when most of Europe would have been covered with a 2 mile thick ice sheet) ... pyramids abounded. One of those pyramids exploded. Another one exploded over in Peru. Ancient industrial accidents... imagine the workman's comp lawsuits! BTW, the above ground pyramids are levitating, there has been zero settling for the Great Pyramid's 6 million tons of stone; remember, the pyramids are resonating underground streams, they are all built over top of underground rivers.

The reason Graham says the most important archaeological site on the planet is the crude pyramid built in Indonesia is because it was started inland in reaction to the first flood. It was built slowly over scores of centuries by a civilization ravaged by the inundation of most of their continent. This was an ancient attempt to move the civilization inland. I'm not sure later generations understood what they were building any more or how to finish it. I agree with Graham, it is very important historical knowledge for us to recover... it's a picture window peering into what happened to pyramid technology after the floods.

Last edited: