• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The increase in grocery store prices...

God of War

Governor
What do you suggest he do ?

Initiate prices controls ?
End Trump's tariffs ?
Print up WIN buttons like GOPers of the past ?
I suggest he secure the border. Then he can secure our energy supply so that gas isn't a rich man's sole prerogative and truckers can make a living. Once he does that then he can use Federal power to supersede Gay. Newsom's transportation regulations that has artificially created a "truck driver shortage". After that he can figure out how to make Florida ports more accessible to Asian trade. It used to cost $3000 to get a container from Asia to the US and now it is $20,000 seemingly making Florida an option. Empty containers are just being discarded is the rumor going around now.

Once energy prices are again an American determined destiny and drivers and containers are flowing rather than bottlenecked the prices of commodities especially those for food are bound to come down. Additionally, Biden could start to find ways to mitigate drought conditions in the west by financing drip irrigation projects and by moving production back to the Midwest where so many foodstuffs used to flow from.

God of War

Governor
I have to say that I’ve read/heard many news stories on inflation, shrinkflation, etc… but I hadn’t had direct exposure to it because I don’t tend to do much shopping. Typically wifey handles that stuff. I went to Costco on Sunday afternoon and was smacked in the face by sticker shock across a host of items. Salmon was way up - beef is insanely High. Prices for food staples as well as non-food items are profoundly High.

Looks like consumer prices are tracking with our Crime rates.

…but… (D) … so - there’s nothing to see here. Oh…and lest I forget… “TRUMP!!!!!!!!”
This is a harbinger. Self-sufficiency is being mandated by circumstances. The line in the sand is when government actually attacks your capacity of self-sufficiency be it in any number of ways against different types of self-sufficiency. They've started down that path it seems like.

God of War

Governor
Many grocery store shelves are bare
Farmers producing all we can, but, we can't get it to the stores
Setting my nephew up come spring to install gardens for those that don't know how or don't have the time............for a fee of course
Self-sufficiency is the last true line in the sand. When they go after your self-sufficiency that is when tire needs to hit the road.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
This is a harbinger. Self-sufficiency is being mandated by circumstances. The line in the sand is when government actually attacks your capacity of self-sufficiency be it in any number of ways against different types of self-sufficiency. They've started down that path it seems like.
Yep. Grocery items and fuel prices through the roof. Logistics and supply chain in the gutter. Parental ability to impact children’s education under attack. Police capacity/willingness to keep the peace severely diminished. Skyrocketing violent crime rates unaddressed. Right to keep and bear arms (always) under assault.

“We won’t protect your family and neither should you”.

Mandated vaccines, testing, and proof of same to travel or work…for citizens. Direct, intentional exemption from mandated testing and vaccination for non-citizen illegals who jump our border.

The same people are pushing all of this and more. They have effectively declared war on regular Americans. We are a directly, intentionally, purposely targeted persecuted class.

Then we are told to “lower our expectations”.

Most of us who are normal, conservative, family-oriented Christian folks are very slow to anger and even slower to formally resist. Now that lefty has decided to overtly target our children in schools (via their marxist CRT), in their homes (via lack of access to goods, services, heating fuels), and at large (lack of public safety services, coerced injections) - more of we decent people who aren’t terribly political and are not ‘publicly-oriented’ are fully awake. The evil marxist morons have triggered the one alarm that even the meek have heard.

It’s on. Lefty has been nibbling at the edges of decent society for decades. He went full-rabid, biting off far more than he can chew. Early salvos have been the school board attendance and very vocal resistance to the racist/classist/marxist order. It willgrow/is growing.

Spamature

President
I suggest he secure the border. Then he can secure our energy supply so that gas isn't a rich man's sole prerogative and truckers can make a living. Once he does that then he can use Federal power to supersede Gay. Newsom's transportation regulations that has artificially created a "truck driver shortage". After that he can figure out how to make Florida ports more accessible to Asian trade. It used to cost $3000 to get a container from Asia to the US and now it is $20,000 seemingly making Florida an option. Empty containers are just being discarded is the rumor going around now.

Once energy prices are again an American determined destiny and drivers and containers are flowing rather than bottlenecked the prices of commodities especially those for food are bound to come down. Additionally, Biden could start to find ways to mitigate drought conditions in the west by financing drip irrigation projects and by moving production back to the Midwest where so many foodstuffs used to flow from.
More Facebook (the new right-wing bible) nonsense.

Nobody is stopping Florida from receiving cargo. I doubt if Tampa's port has anywhere near the capacity of the port of Los Angeles.

You're blaming inflation on the drought and lack of oil. Yet the use of oil is a driver of climate change which exacerbates our drought conditions.

God of War

Governor
More Facebook (the new right-wing bible) nonsense.

tell
Nobody is stopping Florida from receiving cargo. I doubt if Tampa's port has anywhere near the capacity of the port of Los Angeles.

You're blaming inflation on the drought and lack of oil. Yet the use of oil is a driver of climate change which exacerbates our drought conditions.
1) Fine YOU tell us what Biden can or has done. Explain the backlog.

2) The atmosphere is only 0.04% CO2 and has only increased 0.0124% in 200 years. A few hundred years ago there were a couple hundred year droughts in California having nothing to do with industrialization or human activity.

Spamature

President
1) Fine YOU tell us what Biden can or has done. Explain the backlog.

2) The atmosphere is only 0.04% CO2 and has only increased 0.0124% in 200 years. A few hundred years ago there were a couple hundred year droughts in California having nothing to do with industrialization or human activity.
Okay

The backlog is because the system was never built to stop.
It stopped for a year, ergo backlog.

Actaully that number is from 1960 to the present and that signifies a 31% increase in CO2 in 60 yrs. Which is YUGE.

God of War

Governor
Okay

The backlog is because the system was never built to stop.
It stopped for a year, ergo backlog.

Actaully that number is from 1960 to the present and that signifies a 31% increase in CO2 in 60 yrs. Which is a lot.
You've lied twice in a row.