• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The left will not condemn this...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
A man in Germany was sentenced to three years in prison for mere political speech related to the war in Ukraine. He reportedly called Ukraine a "terrorist state" and prominently displayed the Russian military symbol "Z" in online posts.

Ukrainian media has picked up on the story and promoted it, apparently in glowing approval. For example Ukrainska Pravda said he was arrested for supporting 'Russian aggression'. The case was first reported in Germany's Die Welt based on a Hamburg court ruling.

The indictment reads: "The defendant justified Russia's aggressive war against Ukraine on social media and ran a Telegram channel whose name and logo were based on the ultranationalist Russian Drugaya Rossiya (Other Russia) party."

And then turn right around and call those of us who criticize the war in Ukraine "fascists." You know it, I know it, we all know it...

RickWA

Snagglesooth
A man in Germany was sentenced to three years in prison for mere political speech related to the war in Ukraine. He reportedly called Ukraine a "terrorist state" and prominently displayed the Russian military symbol "Z" in online posts.

Ukrainian media has picked up on the story and promoted it, apparently in glowing approval. For example Ukrainska Pravda said he was arrested for supporting 'Russian aggression'. The case was first reported in Germany's Die Welt based on a Hamburg court ruling.

The indictment reads: "The defendant justified Russia's aggressive war against Ukraine on social media and ran a Telegram channel whose name and logo were based on the ultranationalist Russian Drugaya Rossiya (Other Russia) party."

And then turn right around and call those of us who criticize the war in Ukraine "fascists." You know it, I know it, we all know it...
Uh oh…laugh emojis again. The splendor…the blistering wit…the pinpoint, on point analysis…

Anyway, I guess you have your answer and then some. “Lefty will not condemn this”…on the contrary, it gives lefty joy…and mirth.

Downy McDrainsalot.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

You seem to have missed the weapons charge...

Raoul_Luke

You seem to have missed the weapons charge...
He also was sentenced for violating the law on weapon possession by possessing a prohibited one-handed knife.

This one not only declines to condemn it but also takes the opportunity to advocate making "possession of a knife" a criminal offense...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
He also was sentenced for violating the law on weapon possession by possessing a prohibited one-handed knife.

This one not only declines to condemn it but also takes the opportunity to advocate making "possession of a knife" a criminal offense...
Where did I advocate for the law. I merely pointed out a fact.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Here are the types of knives that are banned in Germany. Switchblades, butterfly knives...The guy had a banned weapon. How much of his sentence was due to the knife and how much due to his anti-Ukraine messages?

German knife law for knives and sharp tools | Knife-Blog

Raoul_Luke

Here are the types of knives that are banned in Germany. Switchblades, butterfly knives...The guy had a banned weapon. How much of his sentence was due to the knife and how much due to his anti-Ukraine messages?

German knife law for knives and sharp tools | Knife-Blog
Why would you advocate that he be sentenced to even a second in jail for criticizing the war in Ukraine? Or for possession of a knife, for that matter. There's that famously "middle view" on display again...

Jack4freedom

Governor

Germany has all kinds of crazy, thought police laws. Doesn’t surprise me at all.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Why would you advocate that he be sentenced to even a second in jail for criticizing the war in Ukraine? Or for possession of a knife, for that matter. There's that famously "middle view" on display again...
They lock people up over there for not agreeing with the official Shekky Weisenthal version of the holocaust. Not surprising they would lock anyone up for anything there.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Where did I post that advocacy for either possession of a switchblade or for speech unfavorable to Ukraine?

Raoul_Luke

Where did I post that advocacy for either possession of a switchblade or for speech unfavorable to Ukraine?
You have yet to condemn the sentence for speech crimes and you sure appeared to be justifying the weapons charge.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You have yet to condemn the sentence for speech crimes and you sure appeared to be justifying the weapons charge.
Germany has quite a few laws I would disagree with...but then, I'm not a citizen of Germany.

Germany’s Laws on Antisemitic Hate Speech and Holocaust Denial (pbs.org)

Many US cities and states have laws against some weapons. Let me know if you want to discuss any of those laws, especially Colorado.

US laws related to speech are of more interest to me. I don't have the time to research all of the laws in Germany.

Last edited:

Raoul_Luke

Germany has quite a few laws I would disagree with...but then, I'm not a citizen of Germany.

Germany’s Laws on Antisemitic Hate Speech and Holocaust Denial (pbs.org)

Many US cities and states have laws against some weapons. Let me know if you want to discuss any of those laws, especially Colorado.

US laws related to speech are of more interest to me. I don't have the time to research all of the laws in Germany.
If you didn't want to discuss it you could have passed this thread by.