• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The Most Shameful Stunt of King Trump’s Presidency, it will get worse ..........just wait.......tick,tick,tick

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
i'm still waiting for 'all those pictures' the OP swore left and right he saw, showing Trump holding the Bible upside down. He ran away as soon as I called him on it.

typical
I have a feeling you'll be waiting until the cows come home, of course he did.

I had it in my mind that I would write something about the odd way that President Trump physically handles the Holy Bible, but I hadn’t come up with anything specific before I saw how McKay Coppins went about it:

I misread this the first time I looked at it. I thought Coppins was asking me to picture President Trump holding a red octagonal sign like he was presenting a gift. On my second reading, I understood he instead meant that Trump looked like a crossing guard holding up traffic, only with a Bible in his hand.
Either image does the job of conveying that there’s something unnatural going on. When Trump flashed the Bible on Monday at St. John’s Church near Washington’s Lafayette Park, he was holding it upside down and backwards, almost as if the book—or any book—has an unknown purpose.

This made is painfully clear that he was using the Bible as a prop, and that his appearance in front of the church was an effort to pander to the religious right.

In order to reach the location of the photo op, a block from the White House, he used the National Guard and the Secret Service to disperse protestors in his path. They utilized tear-gas and flash-bang grenades and rubber bullets to clear Lafayette Park, even though it was only a half hour before an announced citywide curfew and there had been no violence or other threatening disturbances.

Linda Tirado, a freelance photojournalist, was blinded in her left eye by a rubber bullet in Minneapolis. She also lacks heath insurance and is looking perhaps at almost a quarter million dollars in health care costs. Rubber bullets are no joke.

KimmyKayRN@kim_kwasRN

My coworker's cousin was at a protest at sunset in San Diego yesterday when she was hit right between the eyes with a rubber bullet. She's been unresponsive ever since, currently in the ICU. She only went because her son had been killed by a cop; she felt she couldn't stay home.

As for tear gas, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says, “prolonged exposure, especially in an enclosed area, may lead to long-term effects such as eye problems including scarring, glaucoma, and cataracts, and may possibly cause breathing problems such as asthma.”

Using tear gas outside is less likely to cause serious harm, but it’s not without risks. It’s highly immoral to blast tear gas and rubber bullets into a crowd without a corresponding risk you’re looking to counteract.

In this case, the risk was that some harm would come to the president of the United States if he attempted to stroll through Lafayette Park while the crowds were still there. But all risk could have been avoided if Trump had decided that a visit to St. John’s Church a half an hour before curfew wasn’t a good idea.

No one in the White House thought to notify the Church that they were coming, and this brought severe condemnation from both the city’s Episcopalian bishop and St. John’s presiding priest:

The president’s behavior was widely criticized throughout the capital, but some on his campaign team believed it had been a success.

This was just one incident in an extremely violent day that saw the president implore the nation’s governors to get tough and “dominate” and then watched many of them try to comply.
Globalist-communist-Democrats rampaging through our streets after dark and you're sweating how someone might hold onto a Bible. Maybe you aught to sweat the lie that racism is systemic in the U.S.

Or do you believe that racism is systemic in the U.S.?

EatTheRich

President
I think it’s just super that the “most shameful stunt” of the Trump presidency was a tall tale that cratered when the light of day was shone on it. Ok then, lib geniuses, what do we fall back on as the no.2 most shameful stunt then-- and is this one real?
The shameful stunt was not holding the Bible upside down, it was assaulting peaceful protesters so he could hold the Bible for the camera.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
as usual, you're lying. You post some opinion piece, where 1 guy says Trump held the Bible upside down...and dont even include a picture...

I posted these, showing him with the Bible right side up in EVERY shot. Shjow me JUST ONE where he holds it upside down......

CNN...Bible is right side up...(note bookmark chord at bottom, and wording on spine)

NBC NEWS.... (Bible is right side up)

MSNBC.... Bible is STILL right side up, unless the bookmark chord magically changed and is not coming from the top, not the bottom)...

CBS NEWS... (yup..right side up)
The Left is going to criticize anything and everything Trump does. And they have clearly shown that they have no compunction about making stuff up and creating false facts and narratives, if the truth is not capable of being sufficiently insulting.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
The shameful stunt was not holding the Bible upside down, it was assaulting peaceful protesters so he could hold the Bible for the camera.
On occasion you seem to be a bit more reasonable than the hoi polloi on the left that gathers here. I have a question for you. Think hard about it before you answer.
Does it not embarrass you, if even a little, to refer to people, who set fire to a 180-year-old historic church, as peaceful protestors?

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Globalist-communist-Democrats rampaging through our streets after dark and you're sweating how someone might hold onto a Bible. Maybe you aught to sweat the lie that racism is systemic in the U.S.

Or do you believe that racism is systemic in the U.S.?
I think a better response from the police and/or national Guard or SS, would have been to shoot dead the people who set fire to that church. The best way to stop anarchy is to shoot the anarchists.
Peaceful protest is a legal right and must be permitted; but anarchy is an act of war.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
He wielded the Bible like a foreign object, awkwardly adjusting his grip as though trying to get comfortable. He examined its cover. He held it up over his right shoulder like a crossing guard presenting a stop sign. He did not open it.
“Is that your Bible?” a reporter asked.
“It’s a Bible,” the president replied.

1591235432817.png
Call an exorcist.

EatTheRich

President
On occasion you seem to be a bit more reasonable than the hoi polloi on the left that gathers here. I have a question for you. Think hard about it before you answer.
Does it not embarrass you, if even a little, to refer to people, who set fire to a 180-year-old historic church, as peaceful protestors?
Those weren’t the people attacked by the cops.

I think a better response from the police and/or national Guard or SS, would have been to shoot dead the people who set fire to that church. The best way to stop anarchy is to shoot the anarchists.
Peaceful protest is a legal right and must be permitted; but anarchy is an act of war.
Shooting is a nice clean solution. But the vast majority aren't committed anarchists.

Arrest them. Take them to an NFL football stadium and sit them cuffed socially distanced.

Begin to process them no sooner than 6 hours after they were arrested and seated. At every 10 yard line have a judge asking the breaker of the curfew if they plead guilty or innocent to the charge of breaking curfew. Advise them that pleading innocent may carry a jail term (after six hours they'll plead). If they plead guilty they must pay an $850 fine, write a letter of apology to every business and person reasonably determined to have been victimized by rioting and looting and deliver it in person. Finally, they are given 2,000 hours of community service to do in 4 years to clean up the effects of the rioting and looting. Those found guilty should get 2 weeks in jail plus the above too. Just for breaking curfew. ha ha

White kids caught up in this would learn a lot. Maybe even make friends with black people under truly health circumstances.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Shooting is a nice clean solution. But the vast majority aren't committed anarchists.

Arrest them. Take them to an NFL football stadium and sit them cuffed socially distanced.

Begin to process them no sooner than 6 hours after they were arrested and seated. At every 10 yard line have a judge asking the breaker of the curfew if they plead guilty or innocent to the charge of breaking curfew. Advise them that pleading innocent may carry a jail term (after six hours they'll plead). If they plead guilty they must pay an $850 fine, write a letter of apology to every business and person reasonably determined to have been victimized by rioting and looting and deliver it in person. Finally, they are given 2,000 hours of community service to do in 4 years to clean up the effects of the rioting and looting. Those found guilty should get 2 weeks in jail plus the above too. Just for breaking curfew. ha ha

White kids caught up in this would learn a lot. Maybe even make friends with black people under truly health circumstances.
That's a good plan; but shooting the bastards is a better deterrent to future anarchists.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
He wielded the Bible like a foreign object, awkwardly adjusting his grip as though trying to get comfortable. He examined its cover. He held it up over his right shoulder like a crossing guard presenting a stop sign. He did not open it.
“Is that your Bible?” a reporter asked.
“It’s a Bible,” the president replied.

View attachment 52661
Call an exorcist.