• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

the new GOP majority

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
"Now that the GOP has their largest majority in 85 years, thanks to the lowest voter turnout in 72 years, they have the obligation to enact the agenda of the angriest man in the smallest county in Iowa."
---Stephen Colbert

Jen

Senator
"Now that the GOP has their largest majority in 85 years, thanks to the lowest voter turnout in 72 years, they have the obligation to enact the agenda of the angriest man in the smallest county in Iowa."
---Stephen Colbert
I always knew Stephen Colbert was an idiot.
This is proof positive.
Thanks.

fairsheet

Senator
I always knew Stephen Colbert was an idiot.
This is proof positive.
Thanks.

Why does this suggest he's an idiot? For far too long, the GOP has blamed Leader Reid for their failure to enact any of their House silliness. Who does the GOP blame now? Well....we now know the answer to that one, as future-leader McConnell has pronounced that he won't bring anything up for a vote unless he has at least 60 (filibuster proof), vote majority in his pocket.

We all know there's more to it than that. He's afeared that the Dems might step out of the filibuster-way, and LET the GOP Senate approve some of the whacked out House's legislation! I'm looking forward to some political gamesmanship, the likes of which we haven't seen in at least a decade!