• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The Numbers Are In...

TBLee

Governor
Your smugness is only held by people that enjoy the smell of their own farts.
What exactly am I smug about? My parents taught me when I signed a legal document agreeing to pay the balance of a loan, then I should do so. By the way, your fascination with flatulence is odd. But, I guess to each his own. Enjoy

Zam-Zam

Senator
What exactly am I smug about? My parents taught me when I signed a legal document agreeing to pay the balance of a loan, then I should do so. By the way, your fascination with flatulence is odd. But, I guess to each his own. Enjoy

I would guess most people consider it a point of honor to keep their commitments and repay their debts.

Not everyone obviously.

In the long run, my guess is the people who do the best to protect their honor likely do better.

It's all good.

Nobody gives two shits what your parents what taught you. And it is smug to presume otherwise.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
That's because it is a political move.... and a stupid one at that.

It's a free money give-a-way to people who borrowed the money and are now unable to pay it back.

The smart and successful people that took out those loans have paid them back or are paying them back. The failures at life are the ones that can't pay the loans back.

As a country we should be encouraging the ones that contribute the most to the country not the ones that can't even live up to their obligations.

And let me point out the difference between a good American and those of you on the right. Good Americans like PNWest tell the truth about bad Democratic policies. Short bussers n the right won't say a damn word about the garbage that comes from republican politicians.
Did you know that we compete against other nations who have college educations for free? IIT in India is the equivalent of MIT. It is free for some...I'm not sure if it is only upper caste families, but I've worked with a number of immigrants here and can tell you that the competition is not in our favor.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Did you know that we compete against other nations who have college educations for free? IIT in India is the equivalent of MIT. It is free for some...I'm not sure if it is only upper caste families, but I've worked with a number of immigrants here and can tell you that the competition is not in our favor.
That is irrelevant. In fact Biden's loan forgiveness program encourages not the best but the worst. He's not giving free money to those who have done well and paid off their loans, he's giving free money to the ones that have FAILED to pay off their loans, the least successful of the ones that took out those loans.

It was a political stunt at a time when America deserves better.

If you think that America should have FREE higher education in order to make the country stronger make a post about doing that. It is certainly a defensible idea. I've always thought that the solution to the lack of doctors in rural areas was to do something like that where the gov't subsidized medical school education in exchange for several years of service in underserved communities. But that is a lot different than giving out free money to people that don't deserve it.

I wish we had a choice that was not limited to either EVIL Republicans or incompetent Democrats.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
That is irrelevant. In fact Biden's loan forgiveness program encourages not the best but the worst. He's not giving free money to those who have done well and paid off their loans, he's giving free money to the ones that have FAILED to pay off their loans, the least successful of the ones that took out those loans.

If you think that America should have FREE higher education in order to make the country stronger make a post about doing that. It is certainly a defensible idea. I've always thought that the solution to the lack of doctors in rural areas was to do something like that where the gov't subsidized medical school education in exchange for several years of service in underserved communities. But that is a lot different than giving out free money to people that don't deserve it.

I wish we had a choice that was not limited to either EVIL Republicans or incompetent Democrats.
I know too many people with student debt. My daughter in law owes $70k to be a vet. It has little to do with how good they are at their jobs.

PNWest

I know too many people with student debt. My daughter in law owes $70k to be a vet. It has little to do with how good they are at their jobs.
It sure as f*ck has something to do with how they handle money. You don't borrow $70K unless you have some plan to be able to pay it back. Either she has a plan and can pay it off or she is irresponsible and won't be able to do so. If the former - she doesn't need our help, if the latter she doesn't deserve it.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
It sure as f*ck has something to do with how they handle money. You don't borrow $70K unless you have some plan to be able to pay it back. Either she has a plan and can pay it off or she is irresponsible and won't be able to do so. If the former - she doesn't need our help, if the latter she doesn't deserve it.
You first claimed people with huge student debt were incompetent. Now your complaint is they don't have a plan...

The plan is to pay for years. Meanwhile...we import workers from India.

PNWest

You first claimed people with huge student debt were incompetent. Now your complaint is they don't have a plan...

The plan is to pay for years. Meanwhile...we import workers from India.
uhhhhh. no. I did not ever talk about the amount of money borrowed, only if it was being paid back. You can post a laughing icon all you want but the fact remains "Either she has a plan and can pay it off or she is irresponsible and won't be able to do so. If the former - she doesn't need our help, if the latter she doesn't deserve it."

Importing workers from India? And you are ragging on poor @Dawg about off topic posts?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
uhhhhh. no. I did not ever talk about the amount of money borrowed, only if it was being paid back. You can post a laughing icon all you want but the fact remains "Either she has a plan and can pay it off or she is irresponsible and won't be able to do so. If the former - she doesn't need our help, if the latter she doesn't deserve it."

Importing workers from India? And you are ragging on poor @Dawg about off topic posts?
Really? College grads from China or India with $0 debt is off topic?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
It is unless Biden is planning on giving them free money too.
In my experience...IT workers from India and China take our jobs....either by immigrating or by being employed in off shore projects. You think the cost of college is not a factor?

PNWest

In my experience...IT workers from India and China take our jobs....either by immigrating or by being employed in off shore projects. You think the cost of college is not a factor?

Of course they bring in IT workers from India and China and pay them very poorly. Big tech companies do this in order to not have to pay fair wages to American workers. You expect republicans to pull this kind of shit but with these high tech workers it has been primarily democratic politicians that have sold American high tech workers out by allowing workers like this to get viasa and work here. Terrible.

But entirely off topic.

People should pay their bills!

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Of course they bring in IT workers from India and China and pay them very poorly. Big tech companies do this in order to not have to pay fair wages to American workers. You expect republicans to pull this kind of shit but with these high tech workers it has been primarily democratic politicians that have sold American high tech workers out by allowing workers like this to get viasa and work here. Terrible.

But entirely off topic.

People should pay their bills!
No, it is the topic. If not imported workers it is off shored work.

EatTheRich

President
That's because it is a political move.... and a stupid one at that.

It's a free money give-a-way to people who borrowed the money and are now unable to pay it back.

The smart and successful people that took out those loans have paid them back or are paying them back. The failures at life are the ones that can't pay the loans back.

As a country we should be encouraging the ones that contribute the most to the country not the ones that can't even live up to their obligations.

And let me point out the difference between a good American and those of you on the right. Good Americans like PNWest tell the truth about bad Democratic policies. Short bussers n the right won't say a damn word about the garbage that comes from republican politicians.
It’s relief for the creators of wealth at the expense of the idle hoarders of vast wealth.

EatTheRich

President

This is out of step with reality. These days you need at least a bachelor’s degree and probably an advanced degree to escape dying from unemployment. The fact that the market is set up to put those who have no choice but to get those degrees in debt to those with the means to pay for them does not make the people who did what they had to do irresponsible.

PNWest

This is out of step with reality. These days you need at least a bachelor’s degree and probably an advanced degree to escape dying from unemployment. The fact that the market is set up to put those who have no choice but to get those degrees in debt to those with the means to pay for them does not make the people who did what they had to do irresponsible.
1) That is proved easily false. The world is full of professions like electricians, plumbers, carpenters and other professions where a degree is not required for success.

2) But even if it were 100% true it would in no means absolve anyone who agreed to do something to not fulfill that obligation.

Do what you agreed to do - Pay your bills! That's what honorable people do.