• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The smallest menace brings mankind to it's knees

Jack4freedom

Governor
The extremist leftists would be those I’ve discussed here many times. Those who formed “war rooms” and sent Lexus car parts and vinyl siding to my home when I dared to write a letter to the editor of The Oregonian as a young father...those who threw glass bottles at my head for having the audacity to stand in a line to see Jeane Kirkpatrick speak on campus at The University of Washington. Those who firebomb Hummer dealers, who vandalize Oregon Health Sciences University researchists’ private homes for conducting medical breakthrough research that sometimes involves animals. Those who toss blood (or paint) on a lady who wears fur. Those in the streets of Portland who routinely shutdown free speech, as well as any ability to commute home from work. Those legions of gong-banging weirdos who won’t let a conservative speak on a campus...or who themselves cause a university to shut down such appearances...who cause giant security details to be required.

I was born and raised in two very blue states. My formative years were spent in the crucible of the Earth Liberation Front and the Animal Liberation Front. These people are not “liberal”. They are not tolerant. They are not pluralist nor do they value diversity in any meaningful sense. What they are is an amalgam of hyper-political, uber-dogmatic, orthodoxy-demanding, absolutist doctrinaire leftists.
My conclusions are not borne of ignorance. I’ve lived among them most of my life. Then, in founding and operating my business, I’ve logged more travel - both international and domestic - than most career State Department officials.

My father-in-law is a career Navy man and is a born and raised Rust Belt Democrat. He shakes his head at what the left looks like. He’s no Trump fan (nor Bush before him), but he is a normal, well-adjusted family man. He’s a moderate-liberal. I know many who are far more liberal than he...who also can’t abide the leftist stuff. They call it out plainly when they see it - just as I do if/when I see hostile extremism on the right.

There is no question leftism is foundationally nihilistic. They actively recruit misery and despair. What’s more, they deliver it every chance they get. The cause demands it.
I have read and heard of these extremist activists for decades now and I have certainly never approved of them or supported their actions. I have also read and heard about nutbag lunatics who bomb abortion clinics and back shoot doctors at their homes. I saw scumbag Bill O’Reilly incite some of these morons including a guy who killed a doctor on national TV a few years back.

I have heard of and read about morons throwing blood at people for wearing furs too. And I have encountered crazy idiots in Eastern Washington and Idaho who live in fortified bunkers, stockpile weapons and teach their children to hate other people. A guy I grew up with and played baseball with is one of them now. I went up to visit him 10 years ago and was shocked at what he had become.

There are definitely extremists out there from both the so called left and the so called right. I have lived here in LA for most of 56 years now and I know hundreds of people and have encountered thousands more in business and in public. 99.9 percent of them are sane responsible people. It has been my personal life experience that there are a hell of a lot less intolerant, extremist lunatics out there today than when I was coming of age back in the late ‘60s and early ‘70s. I support holding anyone from either of these fringes responsible for their actions.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Yes, this disease is highly transmissable between humans, much more so than any previous coronavirus, which is remarkable, but the pointy headed virtue signalling left wing professors have developed a mathematical model that "proves" it isn't quite good enough to indicate "engineering." Well, that settles it...
Oh, those pointy headed liberal professors again....Damn!!!!

freyasman

Senator
A microscopic virus has brought the world to its knees

seems we're not in control of shit in the long run
No it hasn't.

This is nothing but fear running wild. The sheep are letting the government control them, and listening to the professional liars in the media.

This shit is pathetic.

Yes, this disease is highly transmissable between humans, much more so than any previous coronavirus, which is remarkable, but the pointy headed virtue signalling left wing professors have developed a mathematical model that "proves" it isn't quite good enough to indicate "engineering." Well, that settles it...
You have no background in science at all do you. Couldn't even get through the paper. Is that why you hate the educated?

How's the trajectory on that curve bub? Magaly resisting an inflection point? Murica firstish?

freyasman

Senator
See your capitalists, they're the ones shatting themselves.
Not really, not all of them, anyway.
I'm probably going to make a shit-ton of cash off the fallout from this, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing for this society.
More like the opposite, in fact.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
You have no background in science at all do you. Couldn't even get through the paper. Is that why you hate the educated?

How's the trajectory on that curve bub? Magaly resisting an inflection point? Murica firstish?
No, but I do understand statistics and modeling. This virus attaches itself to the human receptors with ruthless efficiency. That is, as I said, remarkable. But these scientists, instead of trying to mitigate the disease, instead set about looking for reasons to downplay the idea that it was engineered.

Tucker Carlson is doing a segment on this right now - I suggest you tune in to it immediately.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Oh, those pointy headed liberal professors again....Damn!!!!
Like Tucker Carlson just said (about this very issue) you really should suspect you are being lied to when they answer questions no one has asked.

He quoted a Chinese news report that suggested the virus originated in the lab.

Keep an open mind.

EatTheRich

President
it's interesting... i read recently that the ozone is showing immediate signs of improving... based on most everywhere having ground to a halt.

interesting effect.. and goes to show how the earth would heal..without..
The hole in the ozone layer had already been getting smaller for years due to the Montreal Protocol and the restrictions on CFCs.

EatTheRich

President
Calm down Dawg, George Soros isn‘t coming to get you. He’s just a medium level percentage swindler and he’s about 90. Kent State was war protestors throwing rocks at scared armed NG weekend warriors. It was tragic and never should have happened. Both sides over reacted.

You guys just hate Soros because he shelled out some dough to counteract AM radio and Fox News lie factories which were both bankrolled by filthy rich right wingers. Soros then bankrolled Media Matters which effectively pointed out what a bunch of lying scumbags those guys were. Turnabout is Fair Play. There is no law that says all rich ass holes have to be right wing nut cases.
Soros as a Hungarian Jew is also a convenient target for those who want to foster or take advantage of xenophobia and anti-Semitism.

EatTheRich

President
Corona Virus has NOT brought "mankind" to its knees. Politicians' and bureaucrats' arbitrary regulations are doing that.

These regulations weren't enacted for diseases and pandemics which are far, far deadlier in terms of infection rates and death. Including:

1. Smoking/cancer
2. Ebola
3. SARs
4. Seasonal flu
5. Narcotics addiction
6. Drunk driving

We don't require people to give up their jobs, religion, stay at home, avoid family and friends, and stay off the roads for ANY of these. There would be mass civil disobedience on an unimaginable scale..

Think of the corona virus rules as an unintended, fortuitous behavior experiment into how many of our freedoms we will immediately surrender in the absence of ANY proof - statistical or pathological -that they slow the spread of the contagion.

NYC is the epicenter of both infection and restrictions. California a close second. Italy has had social distancing for 6 weeks now, and the daily death toll continues to escalate. China is openly lying about both infection rates and deaths, just as they did about the timeline and origins of the virus months ago. They've made multiple attempts to blame the American government for the epidemic, and divert any blame away from their own health practices, food, and repressive government policies.

We've surrendered our rights without debate, and without scientific basis.

The ideal outcome for globalists and oppressive regimes who want to delegitimize democracy, freedom of speech, and human rights.
This will kill more people than Ebola, SARS, or any flu since 1918-1920. And that’s with strict social distancing.

These measures were routine annual or semiannual occurrences in the days before vaccines for measles, mumps, rubella, smallpox, polio, and flu and antibiotic treatments for plague.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Soros as a Hungarian Jew is also a convenient target for those who want to foster or take advantage of xenophobia and anti-Semitism.
I know that Soros is a Jew but that’s not why the Republicans hate him. They hate him because they had enjoyed a complete monopoly on fake the news sliming factories for 20 years with Roger Ailes boys (O’Reilly and Hannity) and the bevy of lying propagandists who followed Limbaugh to make up a tightly controlled 24/7/365 bullshit mill on AM radio. Then along came Soros who got sick of letting these guys get away with their utter lies and distortions and hired ex right wing slime merchant David Brock to head up Media Matters which served to call all of Hannity, Limbaugh, O’Reilly and the rest of the AM liars out every day on all their crap with facts. Until then, nobody ever heard of Soros. I remember O’Reilly going nuts

The extremist leftists would be those I’ve discussed here many times. Those who formed “war rooms” and sent Lexus car parts and vinyl siding to my home when I dared to write a letter to the editor of The Oregonian as a young father...those who threw glass bottles at my head for having the audacity to stand in a line to see Jeane Kirkpatrick speak on campus at The University of Washington. Those who firebomb Hummer dealers, who vandalize Oregon Health Sciences University researchists’ private homes for conducting medical breakthrough research that sometimes involves animals. Those who toss blood (or paint) on a lady who wears fur. Those in the streets of Portland who routinely shutdown free speech, as well as any ability to commute home from work. Those legions of gong-banging weirdos who won’t let a conservative speak on a campus...or who themselves cause a university to shut down such appearances...who cause giant security details to be required.

I was born and raised in two very blue states. My formative years were spent in the crucible of the Earth Liberation Front and the Animal Liberation Front. These people are not “liberal”. They are not tolerant. They are not pluralist nor do they value diversity in any meaningful sense. What they are is an amalgam of hyper-political, uber-dogmatic, orthodoxy-demanding, absolutist doctrinaire leftists.
My conclusions are not borne of ignorance. I’ve lived among them most of my life. Then, in founding and operating my business, I’ve logged more travel - both international and domestic - than most career State Department officials.

My father-in-law is a career Navy man and is a born and raised Rust Belt Democrat. He shakes his head at what the left looks like. He’s no Trump fan (nor Bush before him), but he is a normal, well-adjusted family man. He’s a moderate-liberal. I know many who are far more liberal than he...who also can’t abide the leftist stuff. They call it out plainly when they see it - just as I do if/when I see hostile extremism on the right.

There is no question leftism is foundationally nihilistic. They actively recruit misery and despair. What’s more, they deliver it every chance they get. The cause demands it.
Inherit the Wind

What gives the Preppy Progressives the attitude that everything must go their way and right away? In a democracy, these spoiled-putrid creeps would be a powerless fringe group. Cut off at 18 and forced to act like any other self-reliant adults, the brats would soon be mocked into dropping out of every stable society.

Last edited:

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I have read and heard of these extremist activists for decades now and I have certainly never approved of them or supported their actions. I have also read and heard about nutbag lunatics who bomb abortion clinics and back shoot doctors at their homes. I saw scumbag Bill O’Reilly incite some of these morons including a guy who killed a doctor on national TV a few years back.

I have heard of and read about morons throwing blood at people for wearing furs too. And I have encountered crazy idiots in Eastern Washington and Idaho who live in fortified bunkers, stockpile weapons and teach their children to hate other people. A guy I grew up with and played baseball with is one of them now. I went up to visit him 10 years ago and was shocked at what he had become.

There are definitely extremists out there from both the so called left and the so called right. I have lived here in LA for most of 56 years now and I know hundreds of people and have encountered thousands more in business and in public. 99.9 percent of them are sane responsible people. It has been my personal life experience that there are a hell of a lot less intolerant, extremist lunatics out there today than when I was coming of age back in the late ‘60s and early ‘70s. I support holding anyone from either of these fringes responsible for their actions.
Again and again I have highlighted the difference between “leftist” and “liberal” for years here. These are not differences in degree or enthusiasm. They are fundamentally different in kind. The singular trait they share is that of favoring large, activist, centralized government. Beyond that, they aren't merely different...they are polar opposites. Leftists are quite specifically illiberal.
A very large segment of posters in this very forum are leftist rather than liberal.
If you, at once, have two top posts juxtaposed - one claiming “Trump is stoking xenophobia and is a racist in referencing this current coronavirus as “Wuhan virus” or “Chinese virus”... AND one claiming “Trump is favoring the Chinese over American citizens in shipping 15 tons of PPE to China” - - - NEWSFLASH: You ain’t a liberal, you ain’t rational, and you aren’t to be taken seriously. I don’t know about you, but I’m not capable of “favoring” those I “hate”. No one can. This nonsense is as irreconcilable as “liberal” and “leftist”.
Now then, one may say, the world is littered with bored, childish people...and maybe these are just shut-ins who hate Trump and have nothing better to do with their remaining days than to troll. Perhaps. Or perhaps they aren’t “all there”. Those are both possibilities - and they aren’t mutually exclusive. I tend to take people at their word. If their words or deeds demonstrate leftism, I ascribe leftism. On this forum, there are probably 10 - 15 of this sort...and their philosophy and belief system is foundationally nihilist.
I was in college at U-Dub when Kirkpatrick spoke and the coke bottles were launched at my head. I was in college during the FBI/Nazi incidents in Idaho and Northern Washington. I remember all these events and more quite well. I live in Portland now - where the current mayor has specifically instructed police to stand down as antifa destroys storefronts in broad daylight, pounds the hoods of cars merely trying to get home, and taking tire irons to ATMs. I have personally witnessed motorcycle cops parked and OBSERVING this violence happening in real time. “To protect and serve”...right? Tax dollars at work, right?

That mayor is an illiberal leftist. He’s not Tip O’Neil. He’s not Paul Wellstone. These sorts of people exist - and not in some podunk Idaho town 35 years in the past. Another mayor...of Baltimore...declares publicly on camera that rioters “need room” to torch the place, vandalize, and riot. She’s an illiberal leftist. She’s not Patty Schroeder. She’s not Geraldine Ferraro. Two contemporary, empowered, elected, official examples of overt-destruction-enabling policy-makers. That’s foundationally nihilist by definition.
There are plenty of extremists on the right as well. I don’t tend to link them philosophically to Edmund Burke or William F. Buckley. I don’t link leftists to liberals either.
We normal, well-adjusted, decent folks need to call this crap out...consistently.
:)

Jack4freedom

Governor
Again and again I have highlighted the difference between “leftist” and “liberal” for years here. These are not differences in degree or enthusiasm. They are fundamentally different in kind. The singular trait they share is that of favoring large, activist, centralized government. Beyond that, they aren't merely different...they are polar opposites. Leftists are quite specifically illiberal.
A very large segment of posters in this very forum are leftist rather than liberal.
If you, at once, have two top posts juxtaposed - one claiming “Trump is stoking xenophobia and is a racist in referencing this current coronavirus as “Wuhan virus” or “Chinese virus”... AND one claiming “Trump is favoring the Chinese over American citizens in shipping 15 tons of PPE to China” - - - NEWSFLASH: You ain’t a liberal, you ain’t rational, and you aren’t to be taken seriously. I don’t know about you, but I’m not capable of “favoring” those I “hate”. No one can. This nonsense is as irreconcilable as “liberal” and “leftist”.
Now then, one may say, the world is littered with bored, childish people...and maybe these are just shut-ins who hate Trump and have nothing better to do with their remaining days than to troll. Perhaps. Or perhaps they aren’t “all there”. Those are both possibilities - and they aren’t mutually exclusive. I tend to take people at their word. If their words or deeds demonstrate leftism, I ascribe leftism. On this forum, there are probably 10 - 15 of this sort...and their philosophy and belief system is foundationally nihilist.
I was in college at U-Dub when Kirkpatrick spoke and the coke bottles were launched at my head. I was in college during the FBI/Nazi incidents in Idaho and Northern Washington. I remember all these events and more quite well. I live in Portland now - where the current mayor has specifically instructed police to stand down as antifa destroys storefronts in broad daylight, pounds the hoods of cars merely trying to get home, and taking tire irons to ATMs. I have personally witnessed motorcycle cops parked and OBSERVING this violence happening in real time. “To protect and serve”...right? Tax dollars at work, right?

That mayor is an illiberal leftist. He’s not Tip O’Neil. He’s not Paul Wellstone. These sorts of people exist - and not in some podunk Idaho town 35 years in the past. Another mayor...of Baltimore...declares publicly on camera that rioters “need room” to torch the place, vandalize, and riot. She’s an illiberal leftist. She’s not Patty Schroeder. She’s not Geraldine Ferraro. Two contemporary, empowered, elected, official examples of overt-destruction-enabling policy-makers. That’s foundationally nihilist by definition.
There are plenty of extremists on the right as well. I don’t tend to link them philosophically to Edmund Burke or William F. Buckley. I don’t link leftists to liberals either.
We normal, well-adjusted, decent folks need to call this crap out...consistently.
:)
I do not see many if any general supporters of Democrats on this board as the types that would toss coke bottles at your head, throw blood on fur or are supporters of huge communist government takeovers of American business, free enterprise or advocate the destruction of the bill of rights. Many favor a single payer not for profit national healthcare program but that has been a Democratic goal since back in the days right after WW II.

Most of them are just regular Democratic voters who are totally disgusted with Trump and his minions in the press and both houses of Congress at this point. They believe Trump is a corrupt, self serving ass hole who is unfit for public service. I tend to agree with most of what they say regarding that.

However there are definitely 10-20 cult like followers of Trump here that troll the board 24/7/365 with idiotic assertions in his defense no matter what he does or says. At least half, probably more are whacky “Deep State” conspiracy nuts who routinely accuse life long civil service and law enforcement agents of being traitors and worse because they dared to investigate this obviously sleazy administration. Neither Nixon or Clinton ever came close to that when they found themselves in much the same situation.

In my opinion, Trump and these cultist lunatics are far more dangerous than the few nutbag street protestors from ANTIFA or the small cadre of eco terrorists who rear their heads occasionally or the PETA nuts who throw blood on fur wearers. As I pointed out earlier, there are a hell of a lot more of these Trump cultists out there than there are left wing nut jobs from where I sit.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I do not see many if any general supporters of Democrats on this board as the types that would toss coke bottles at your head, throw blood on fur or are supporters of huge communist government takeovers of American business, free enterprise or advocate the destruction of the bill of rights. Many favor a single payer not for profit national healthcare program but that has been a Democratic goal since back in the days right after WW II.

Most of them are just regular Democratic voters who are totally disgusted with Trump and his minions in the press and both houses of Congress at this point. They believe Trump is a corrupt, self serving ass hole who is unfit for public service. I tend to agree with most of what they say regarding that.

However there are definitely 10-20 cult like followers of Trump here that troll the board 24/7/365 with idiotic assertions in his defense no matter what he does or says. At least half, probably more are whacky “Deep State” conspiracy nuts who routinely accuse life long civil service and law enforcement agents of being traitors and worse because they dared to investigate this obviously sleazy administration. Neither Nixon or Clinton ever came close to that when they found themselves in much the same situation.

In my opinion, Trump and these cultist lunatics are far more dangerous than the few nutbag street protestors from ANTIFA or the small cadre of eco terrorists who rear their heads occasionally or the PETA nuts who throw blood on fur wearers. As I pointed out earlier, there are a hell of a lot more of these Trump cultists out there than there are left wing nut jobs from where I sit.
While I acknowledge extremist rightists, some seek to mainstream demonstrable kooks. I do not. Trump’s suckiness does not legitimize the CONSTANT lies of illiberal leftist posters in this forum. Nor does it legitimize those who seek to enable same.
As noted, I gave actual direct examples of current illiberal leftist politicians enacting illiberal leftist policy resulting in direct violence and destruction. That IS nihilism.
As noted, I gave actual direct example of a leftist poster in this forum self-refuting his own posts in real-time...side-by-side...simultaneously. Leftists are real. They exist. They are here in this forum and they are in elected office. They are known by executing to illiberal, leftist tactics in order to advance illiberal, leftist causes.

I don’t need you to agree with me on this. You can swim with the current - I sincerely do not care. I know my conclusions are accurate and factual. I have explained the bases of my thoughts on the matter sufficiently. Hatred makes people irrational, careless, sloppy, and stupid. It also crowds out reason, goodness, measured presentation, and truth. No cause authorizes lies. No preferred outcome excuses this conduct. And - no politician, no matter how bad he is...no matter how reviled...should elicit indulging one’s basest whims.

Trump isn’t the cause agent or catalyst for liars. He’s simply revealed that most politicians, most of the media, and far too many of the rest of us are shi**y people...just like he is. Period.

I say no thanks to this. I’m far from perfect. FAR. Even I can step away from this garbage. It stinks. I sincerely like liberals. I properly reject leftism.