• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The true value of Fox News...

GreenBean

Council Member
Your morality says that your army should invade a foreign country and kill everyone they see because there's a good chance those people don't want them there and will take measures to defend their country. Mine says that responsibility for those soldiers' deaths lies with the government that ordered them to make Afghanistan a war zone.

I probably didn't call Obama an invader, as I am usually more precise with my diction. But I certainly condemned the drone strikes (which hit not just terrorists but also civilians) in no uncertain terms.

EatTheBich- I do believe you are taking her statement out of context for dramatical purposes - get with the program Pal -Thats not even close to what she said and you know Damn well. Can't you even engage in a single conversation without twisting and distorting everything anyone says completely out of context - to suit your argument -you're a very shallow little person indeed .

EatTheRich

President
EatTheBich- I do believe you are taking her statement out of context for dramatical purposes - get with the program Pal -Thats not even close to what she said and you know Damn well. Can't you even engage in a single conversation without twisting and distorting everything anyone says completely out of context - to suit your argument -you're a very shallow little person indeed .
I'm sorry, but I feel that I just drew out the logical implications of her statement. American troops were in a foreign country against the wishes of the majority of people in that country (including the vast majority of groups opposing the Taliban). They ran across a group of people, including a child. And she said that their response should be to kill every one of them, so they couldn't inform anyone as to their whereabouts.

If I got any part of that wrong, please tell me.

GreenBean

Council Member
I'm sorry, but I feel that I just drew out the logical implications of her statement. American troops were in a foreign country against the wishes of the majority of people in that country (including the vast majority of groups opposing the Taliban). They ran across a group of people, including a child. And she said that their response should be to kill every one of them, so they couldn't inform anyone as to their whereabouts.

If I got any part of that wrong, please tell me.
WOW - you even misquote yourself - or are you back pedaling which one is it .... YOU SAID>>>>>

..... kill everyone they see because there's a good chance those people don't want them there and will take measures to defend their country.
Now you're welcome to start over again - or simply STFU - your choice

GreenBean

Council Member
I don't see any contradiction. Can you point it out?
1.] "Your morality says that your army should invade a foreign country and kill everyone they see" - She never said that , you are attempting to create a false impression by misquoting her and quoting her out of context to suit your agenda.

2.] "those people don't want them there" She never said or implied that, the situation in the subject Nation was the complete opposite and we were welcomed there by The Northern Alliance and the many of the people being oppressed by the Taliban in Afghan. - Iraq \ similar situation.

3.] "Mine says that responsibility for those soldiers' deaths lies with the government that ordered them to make Afghanistan a war zone." Okay so YOU did say that, but you're a non-person, a liberal who is merely a puppet and useful idiot to the socio-fascist agenda -your opinion is worth very little because your mind is not your own.

Based on your logic - all the people who died on 9-11 - died because the actions of our Government - we should have apolgized to Bin Laden and handed him the keys to the kingdom is what asshats of your persuasion preach - America is the evil Satan for standing up to International Bullies .

So far as "making Afghanistan a War Zone" - Learn your history - Afghanistan has been a WarZone for generations - they've been fighting the Brits,the Russians, The Cossacks, The Hindus, The Pakis and when they are not fighting other nations they are busy fighting each other. We just joined the fray we didn't create it. Okay- now this is the part where you're gonna tell me how great the Taliban are ...lol...

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
1.] "Your morality says that your army should invade a foreign country and kill everyone they see" - She never said that , you are attempting to create a false impression by misquoting her and quoting her out of context to suit your agenda.

2.] "those people don't want them there" She never said or implied that, the situation in the subject Nation was the complete opposite and we were welcomed there by The Northern Alliance and the many of the people being oppressed by the Taliban in Afghan. - Iraq \ similar situation.

3.] "Mine says that responsibility for those soldiers' deaths lies with the government that ordered them to make Afghanistan a war zone." Okay so YOU did say that, but you're a non-person, a liberal who is merely a puppet and useful idiot to the socio-fascist agenda -your opinion is worth very little because your mind is not your own.

Based on your logic - all the people who died on 9-11 - died because the actions of our Government - we should have apolgized to Bin Laden and handed him the keys to the kingdom is what asshats of your persuasion preach - America is the evil Satan for standing up to International Bullies .

So far as "making Afghanistan a War Zone" - Learn your history - Afghanistan has been a WarZone for generations - they've been fighting the Brits,the Russians, The Cossacks, The Hindus, The Pakis and when they are not fighting other nations they are busy fighting each other. We just joined the fray we didn't create it. Okay- now this is the part where you're gonna tell me how great the Taliban are ...lol...
good stomping greenbean!
eatdatshit is just another insect troll...
[they come out whenever the lights go out]...

EatTheRich

President
OK, I haven't seen the movie we're talking about nor read the book, but my understanding is that we have some occupying soldiers who have to make the choice whether or not to kill a small group of civilians. Is that or is that not the issue at stake here? And if so, what would make this different from any other small group of civilians?

A list of groups in Afghanistan taking a position of formal opposition to the occupation:

Taliban ("Students"'; main party of the Pashtun ethnic group which was 50% of the population at the time of the invasion).
Revolutionary Association of Women of Afghanistan (main feminist group in the country, Maoist in orientation, multi-ethnic, strongly anti-Taliban and also anti-occupation).
Hizb ut-Tahrir ("Party of Liberation"; pan-Islamist group whose Afghan supporters are mostly Uzbeks, opponents of the Taliban).
Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (Islamic, Uzbek party that fought alongside the Taliban against coalition forces).
Islamic Party (2nd-most-popular Pashtun party, Islamist, anti-Taliban).
Islamic Da'wah (Preaching) Organization (4th-most popular Pashtun party, Islamist, allied with Taliban).
Communist (Maoist) Party of Afghanistan (Maoist, multi-ethnic, anti-Taliban).
National Islamic Unity Party (Shi'ite Islamist, mostly ethnic Hazara, allied with Taliban).
al-Qaeda ("The Base"; pan-Islamist, multi-ethnic but including many Arabs, pro-Taliban).
Haqqani Network (5th-most popular Pashtun party, Islamist, pro-Taliban).

Pluralities in Afghanistan have supported reducing the American presence in polls for years, and large majorities have opposed the establishment of long-term American bases there, while support for the occupation has been declining. In the largely Pashtun south and east of the country, which has been home to most of the fighting, the majority do not support the occupation.

I'll ignore the personal insults. What the U.S. should've done is what it often demands that Israel does when it is attacked by terrorists. Namely, negotiate peace terms with them. You can call bin Laden a bully, and with good cause, but the U.S. is by far the world's biggest bully, which is why the U.S. is the target of retaliatory attacks. That doesn't make something like 9/11 justified ... but make no mistake, the horrors the U.S. visited on Afghanistan (and Iraq) make 9/11 look insignificant in comparison.

So far as "making Afghanistan a War Zone" - Learn your history - Afghanistan has been a WarZone for generations - they've been fighting the Brits,the Russians, The Cossacks, The Hindus, The Pakis and when they are not fighting other nations they are busy fighting each other. We just joined the fray we didn't create it.
Fair enough. They seemed to be at peace under the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan government until the U.S. raised an army of terrorist mercenaries to attack it, though.

Okay- now this is the part where you're gonna tell me how great the Taliban are ...
Hardly. The Taliban are arguably even more brutal, anti-women's rights, and committed to a repressive fundamentalist religious position than the Northern Alliance.

GreenBean

Council Member
OK, I haven't seen the movie we're talking about nor read the book, but my understanding is that we have some occupying soldiers
WRONG - Occupying soldiers are those that control the region .The soldiers in question were not "occupying" they were RECON - infiltrators in an area controlled by the enemy -had they been "occupying soldiers" which is basically those in control - the dilemma of the civillians would never have arisen.

who have to make the choice whether or not to kill a small group of civilians. Is that or is that not the issue at stake here?
Somewhat - they chose not to kill the civillians caroljo makes the speculation that is was partly because they feared the reaction of the LIberal Media - I don't 100% agree with that - I like to think that morality had a lot more to do with it - but her opinion is more valid than yours, because she is capable of thinking for herself - she's a real person - you're not - you're just a tool.

And if so, what would make this different from any other small group of civilians?
Seriouslly ? See my responses above for starters . Any other small group of civillians was not a threat to the survival of the mission or the survival of these soldiers - so your attempt to lead the conversation on a twisted path is moot.

A list of groups in Afghanistan taking a position of formal opposition to the occupation:

Revolutionary Association of Women of Afghanistan
Taliban
Communist (Maoist) Party of Afghanistan
National Islamic Unity Party
Haqqani Network (5th-most popular Pashtun party, Islamist, pro-Taliban).
Al-Qaeda - Now why would Al-Qaeda want us out of Afghanistan ? Go figure - you're funny !
Did you think no one would read that list - I mean come on now get real . Want to look at it in a historical perspective ? Do you think the Nazis objected to us occupying Germany ?

....Pluralities in Afghanistan have supported reducing the American presence in polls for years, and large majorities have opposed the establishment of long-term American bases there
Considering that the vast majority of tribesmen in Afghanistan are illiterate, and it is highly unlikely [for other reasons as well] I would question the validity of any polls conducted by "who-knows" and for "What purupose"

--I'll ignore the personal insults.
Oh please don't do that - insulting Liberals is half the fun

What the U.S. should've done is what it often demands that Israel does when it is attacked by terrorists. Namely, negotiate peace terms with them.
Are you out your fking mind ?! Did you even think about what you just said ?

You can call bin Laden a bully, and with good cause, but the U.S. is by far the world's biggest bully, which is why the U.S. is the target of retaliatory attacks. That doesn't make something like 9/11 justified ... but make no mistake, the horrors the U.S. visited on Afghanistan (and Iraq) make 9/11 look insignificant in comparison.
Yes and the horrors the aerial bombardment of Germany makes the concentration camps pale in comparison - so whats your point ??

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Oh, my, this is the funniest thread yet! Bobo, you do realize Fox is banned in many places because it is well known and wholly established that it is just Right Wing lies, misinformation, propaganda and partisan messaging!!! Ask any real journalist about Fox "News" and they will laugh in your face!

These things that everyone else clearly sees as partisan, lies and propaganda you characterize as "truth".

You have been snickered! They feed you lies and you really believe it is the truth.

Poor Bobo.
Hits home when insiders denounce and insult Faux, Zoar..

A few quotes from some of them -- more on the link.
_________

From Fox Insiders To The Secret Service – Top 20 Insults Directed At Fox News
http://samuel-warde.com/2014/09/top-20-fox-news-insults/

“Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us and now we’re discovering we work for Fox.”
David Frum, former speechwriter for George W. Bush

“They’re a Republican brand. They’re an extension of the Republican Party with some exceptions, [like] Greta van Susteren. But I don’t begrudge them that.”
CNN’s Larry King said in a January 17, 2007, interview with the Chicago Sun-Times

“Look, I think liberals have reasonable gripes with Fox News. It does lean to the right, primarily in its opinion programming but also in its story selection (which is fine by me) and elsewhere. But it’s worth remembering that Fox is less a bastion of ideological conservatism and more a populist, tabloid-like network.”
Los Angeles Times columnist Jonah Goldberg

“We were stunned, because up until that point, we were allowed to do legitimate news. Suddenly, we were ordered from the top to carry [...] Republican, right-wing propaganda, including being told what to say about Ronald Reagan.”
Fox News producer Frank O’Donnell

“There’s one network, Fox, that’s a propaganda voice for them [Conservatives]. It’s certainly legal. But it does pose problems for our democracy when the news is ‘dumbed-down’.”
Media Mogel Ted Turner who also likened Fox News’ current popularity to Adolf Hitler’s rise to power in 1930s Germany.

GreenBean

Council Member
Hits home when insiders denounce and insult Faux, Zoar..

A few quotes from some of them -- more on the link.
_________

From Fox Insiders To The Secret Service – Top 20 Insults Directed At Fox News
http://samuel-warde.com/2014/09/top-20-fox-news-insults/

“Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us and now we’re discovering we work for Fox.”
David Frum, former speechwriter for George W. Bush

“They’re a Republican brand. They’re an extension of the Republican Party with some exceptions, [like] Greta van Susteren. But I don’t begrudge them that.”
CNN’s Larry King said in a January 17, 2007, interview with the Chicago Sun-Times

“Look, I think liberals have reasonable gripes with Fox News. It does lean to the right, primarily in its opinion programming but also in its story selection (which is fine by me) and elsewhere. But it’s worth remembering that Fox is less a bastion of ideological conservatism and more a populist, tabloid-like network.”
Los Angeles Times columnist Jonah Goldberg

“We were stunned, because up until that point, we were allowed to do legitimate news. Suddenly, we were ordered from the top to carry [...] Republican, right-wing propaganda, including being told what to say about Ronald Reagan.”
Fox News producer Frank O’Donnell

“There’s one network, Fox, that’s a propaganda voice for them [Conservatives]. It’s certainly legal. But it does pose problems for our democracy when the news is ‘dumbed-down’.”
Media Mogel Ted Turner who also likened Fox News’ current popularity to Adolf Hitler’s rise to power in 1930s Germany.

My My My - The Fascists certainly are up in arms - guess the Fascist Media can't stand having competition from a source not of their own left wing genre ...LMAO