• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The Vietnam War

Wahbooz

Governor
I just ran across an interesting article just searching the internet, it's about our little unit, IFSDIV 93. We were in no way anything like most of the ships of the Navy that always received accolades and praise. We were old, rusty, slow and some would say ugly, but we were in a class of our own. So bad the crew of the White River nicknamed their ship the Binjo Maru. If you ever had contact with the Japanese language you'd know what that means.

We were kept together with layers of Lead Oxide and sweat, but we kept firing. It did my heart good to see this article, and just had to share if for those whose interest goes to war. I still remember Robes from War Stories, and sharing conversations with that man who flew that plane over the battle fields radioing coordinates to us, and the number of times I was the RT operator when the 5"38 was used, any other time I was the loader on a rocket launcher. In spite of my personal feelings about the Vietnam War, I am proud and honored to have served with these guys, and will never forget those who died. I miss chatting with Robes as well. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it

Wahbooz

Governor
In memory of the best skipper any sailor could have, and I had a few during my time in the Navy. Fred Mangol came aboard as a Lt., but he had one heck of a career. He never made Admiral but he should have. The ingenuity of this man was unparalleled, and he took us to many awards. Rest in Peace, Skipper, your cruise is done.

Last edited:

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
In memory of the best skipper any sailor could have, and I had a few during my time in the Navy. Fred Mangol came aboard as a Lt., but he had one heck of a career. He never made Admiral but he should have. The ingenuity of this man was unparalleled, and he took us to many awards. Rest in Peace, Skipper, your cruise is done.

Nice tribute, Wahbooz. Welcome back! :)

write on

Senator
I just ran across an interesting article just searching the internet, it's about our little unit, IFSDIV 93. We were in no way anything like most of the ships of the Navy that always received accolades and praise. We were old, rusty, slow and some would say ugly, but we were in a class of our own. So bad the crew of the White River nicknamed their ship the Binjo Maru. If you ever had contact with the Japanese language you'd know what that means.

We were kept together with layers of Lead Oxide and sweat, but we kept firing. It did my heart good to see this article, and just had to share if for those whose interest goes to war. I still remember Robes from War Stories, and sharing conversations with that man who flew that plane over the battle fields radioing coordinates to us, and the number of times I was the RT operator when the 5"38 was used, any other time I was the loader on a rocket launcher. In spite of my personal feelings about the Vietnam War, I am proud and honored to have served with these guys, and will never forget those who died. I miss chatting with Robes as well. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it

Another forgotten war with lives lost, like N.K.

:(

write on

Senator
Another forgotten war with lives lost, like N.K.

:(
Salute, Wabooz!

You're bringing back memories.

A true patriot!

My HS buddy's father was a Veteran of the Korean War.

Salute!

I remember back in the day- , when he showed me his wounds. Half of his right thigh was gone.

Then we went Galveston. ;)

I admire that man.

Wahbooz

Governor
Salute, Wabooz!

You're bringing back memories.

A true patriot!

My HS buddy's father was a Veteran of the Korean War.

Salute!

I remember back in the day- , when he showed me his wounds. Half of his right thigh was gone.

Then we went Galveston. ;)

I admire that man.
So many of the guys I went to high school lost their lives in Vietnam. Some of our guys either got wounded or killed. Such a waste of young life.

All my mothers brothers, as well as my father served in WWII. My one uncles back looked like the surface of the moon, he was wounded so many times. One uncle served in Korea, came back with the Bronze Star. My father was out of the Army as a Staff Sgt., when he was considered unfit for combat during Korea. Those guys are my heroes.

Thanks, write on.

write on

Senator
So many of the guys I went to high school lost their lives in Vietnam. Some of our guys either got wounded or killed. Such a waste of young life.

All my mothers brothers, as well as my father served in WWII. My one uncles back looked like the surface of the moon, he was wounded so many times. One uncle served in Korea, came back with the Bronze Star. My father was out of the Army as a Staff Sgt., when he was considered unfit for combat during Korea. Those guys are my heroes.

Thanks, write on.
I'm Nobady...

...with an attitude.

;)