• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The world is on the brink. The world's great powers are flexing at one another

It's getting ugly.

I do not expect China to start a war over this but if I were to predict (and for the record I hope I am wrong) ... at some point in the next 10-12 years we will be at war with China....
You don't consider perpetually hacking our grid an act of war?

It's the same thing as Ukraine. The Chinese have been adamant that Taiwan will never be allowed to align with the "west." How many times was it used as a staging ground for attacks on China? This won't end well. The Russian and Chinese armies aren't training in "wokism" - they are training to kill Americans.
Is tibet considered a "breakaway province" too? They invaded and conquered that

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
It's the same thing as Ukraine. The Chinese have been adamant that Taiwan will never be allowed to align with the "west." How many times was it used as a staging ground for attacks on China? This won't end well. The Russian and Chinese armies aren't training in "wokism" - they are training to kill Americans.
Ok..but an army a fraction of the size of Russia is holding its own... So...f Russia.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
and buying properity to be close to kill Americans
They are well positioned to f*ck us up. Brandon is working feverously to end our energy independence and hand control of our entire power grid to China which manufactures most of the solar and wind power infrastructure. When they assert control over Taiwan, they can shut the West off from access to their chip flow - no more computers, phones, cars. Their Navy is already bigger than ours and growing (while ours is shrinking) and they make like 80% of the world's shipping containers. They will soon be in a position to immediately bring our economy to a screeching halt. And idiots like Pelosi and Brandon and flacks like Kirby will be saying "who could have foreseen that???" Um, anyone without sh*t for brains...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
They are well positioned to f*ck us up. Brandon is working feverously to end our energy independence and hand control of our entire power grid to China which manufactures most of the solar and wind power infrastructure. When they assert control over Taiwan, they can shut the West off from access to their chip flow - no more computers, phones, cars. Their Navy is already bigger than ours and growing (while ours is shrinking) and they make like 80% of the world's shipping containers. They will soon be in a position to immediately bring our economy to a screeching halt. And idiots like Pelosi and Brandon and flacks like Kirby will be saying "who could have foreseen that???" Um, anyone without sh*t for brains...
China's navy is volume..not power..so who cares

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Ok..but an army a fraction of the size of Russia is holding its own... So...f Russia.
And using up a bunch of our war material in the process.

How many hours would it take for Russia to carpet bomb Ukraine into a mediaeval hellscape? When he starts, Brandon will still be dithering over whether we should give them the fighter jets that would give them at least a chance in that scenario.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

How many hours would it take for Russia to carpet bomb Ukraine into a mediaeval hellscape? When he starts, Brandon will still be dithering over whether we should give them the fighter jets that would give them at least a chance in that scenario.
With conventional munitions? Russia is already launched some 7000 and climbing. They'll run out before they carpet bomb anything into a medieval hellscape. They've also been reduced to conscription of male adults in their 50s and 60s because Ukraine keeps killing their soldiers with pretty good precision and skill.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
They aren't North Korea fer chissakes, they have the money to power up, and they are using it.
Who. Cares.

They've been flexing their Petty military power among their neighbors, who themselves barely have shit for a military. Whatever they might flex against the United States doesn't stand a chance. And the same thing for Russia, we would wipe their military from the face of the Earth about 10 times faster than Ukraine is doing it. And Ukraine is doing it with hand-me-downs and shit they found laying in the fields from killing Russians. Short of nuclear war we would wipe the floor with both of them.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

PS..

Keep in mind that at the time of the gulf war, the first Gulf war, Iraq was considered the fourth largest military on Earth and the United States decimated it in a blink.

United States has 11 carrier groups in service, China has what two carriers. Let them build as many smaller whatever as they wish which may advantage them over their hapless neighbors, it simply would not happen with the United States

RickWA

Snagglesooth
With conventional munitions? Russia is already launched some 7000 and climbing. They'll run out before they carpet bomb anything into a medieval hellscape. They've also been reduced to conscription of male adults in their 50s and 60s because Ukraine keeps killing their soldiers with pretty good precision and skill.
Heyyy! Go easy on that “male adults in their 50s and 60s” presumed worthless stuff. I’m a tad sensitive about my haircut and Zepplin is underrated.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Heyyy! Go easy on that “male adults in their 50s and 60s” presumed worthless stuff. I’m a tad sensitive about my haircut and Zepplin is underrated.
Russian males. Hardly impressive and more likely cirrhotic than not

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. Those wodka-soaked dudes are washed up from the get-go…
That is the point. Bunch of vodka soaked has been who literally been isolated from the rest of the world living in shitholes, and praising themselves up and down while driving in the same armaments and military vehicles they had in the 60s does not a world power make. And Ukraine is exposed that, and Ukraine will continue to diminish that so short of nuclear war, who really cares about russia.
Same goes for China. Just cuz they built a bunch of boats and they sell them around their hapless neighbors whose militaries are comprised of hand steered and hand or boats by large, therefore making them very afraid of China, doesn't mean that we, the most powerful military in the history of time should be worried about them in any way shape or form. [Unwelcome language removed] them. I hope Nancy pelosi comes out and flips them the bird on their nightly News tomorrow.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Smart move. Toss in a quick line about “Trump”. Just get it out there - that’s where they’ll inevitably drive it anyway.

China is a big problem (and growing larger). It is completely unrestrained in every sense. One thing I’m sure of though is that it responds only to bluntness and direct confrontation. No need for subtlety, nuance, or eggshell-walking.
We are by far China’s biggest customer. That’s a lot of leverage.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
That is the point. Bunch of vodka soaked has been who literally been isolated from the rest of the world living in shitholes, and praising themselves up and down while driving in the same armaments and military vehicles they had in the 60s does not a world power make. And Ukraine is exposed that, and Ukraine will continue to diminish that so short of nuclear war, who really cares about russia.
Same goes for China. Just cuz they built a bunch of boats and they sell them around their hapless neighbors whose militaries are comprised of hand steered and hand or boats by large, therefore making them very afraid of China, doesn't mean that we, the most powerful military in the history of time should be worried about them in any way shape or form. [Unwelcome language removed] them. I hope Nancy pelosi comes out and flips them the bird on their nightly News tomorrow.
We need to segregate (yes, lefty-one-word-alarmist-kooks) between “headcount” and actual military prowess. Then, again, we need to segregate between skilled, committed military and mere techno-viability. Finally, we need to segregate (sorry again SJW lunatics) between raw stores of things and actionable, proven, mobile credibility.

Russia has proven awful lately…but they are fighting their brothers. Literally. That’s terrible. I wouldn’t want to kill/maim/hurt family and neighbors. The modern iteration of China has yet to fight a real war. Even their proxy wars were 70 and 60 years in the rear view mirror. No one in China had Iphones and Teslas then.

We don’t know what we don’t know. And - typically- our “leaders” aren’t sufficiently humble to admit such.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
We need to segregate (yes, lefty-one-word-alarmist-kooks) between “headcount” and actual military prowess. Then, again, we need to segregate between skilled, committed military and mere techno-viability. Finally, we need to segregate (sorry again SJW lunatics) between raw stores of things and actionable, proven, mobile credibility.

Russia has proven awful lately…but they are fighting their brothers. Literally. That’s terrible. I wouldn’t want to kill/maim/hurt family and neighbors. The modern iteration of China has yet to fight a real war. Even their proxy wars were 70 and 60 years in the rear view mirror. No one in China had Iphones and Teslas then.

We don’t know what we don’t know. And - typically- our “leaders” aren’t sufficiently humble to admit such.
Brothers .. not really. Russia has persecuted band tortured Ukraine for centuries. That's no brother.