• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The world is on the brink. The world's great powers are flexing at one another

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Certainly George W. Bush was the worst President ever, so bad he drove Hunter Thompson to put a bullet in his brain.

But certainly if you don't see Biden as Bush's equal in that department, you simply are incapable of being objective.
I see Trump as in somewhat the same league as Bush...only worse.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
PS..

Keep in mind that at the time of the gulf war, the first Gulf war, Iraq was considered the fourth largest military on Earth and the United States decimated it in a blink.

United States has 11 carrier groups in service, China has what two carriers. Let them build as many smaller whatever as they wish which may advantage them over their hapless neighbors, it simply would not happen with the United States
Those carriers carry a handful of jets and use ski jump decks...so they can't carry full weapons or fuel loads. They are trying to build one closer to ours...

Most of their ships are coastal patrol...not blue water...and their anti-sub capability is anyone's guess. Never been tried in combat.

Last edited:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Those carriers carry a handful of jets and use ski jump decks...so they can't carry full weapos or fuel loads. They are trying to build one closer to ours...

Most of their ships are coastal patrol...not blue water...and their anti-sub capability is anyone's guess. Never been tried in combat.
exactly. i was reading recently they can project beyond a thousand miles off their shores for any sustained period of time. so. meh. let them bristle

middleview

President
Supporting Member
exactly. i was reading recently they can not project beyond a thousand miles off their shores for any sustained period of time. so. meh. let them bristle
Fixed it for ya....

Their navy is larger, but 233 of those ships are supply or training ships. Over 100 are "missile boats". Sounds like the kind of boat that can have a range of about 1,000 miles...meaning 500 miles out to sea if they want to get back to port. Israel has some that are about the size of a small corvette.

Their navy is mostly destroyers, frigates and corvettes. We have 248 combat ships...
They have 78 subs and 156 combat ships...

The biggest problem I'd see is that their entire fleet would be focused on an engagement off of their coast. Our navy would be spread out around the world. How much would engage the Chinese navy? The navy of the ROC is only about 75 combat ships...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Fixed it for ya....

Their navy is larger, but 233 of those ships are supply or training ships. Over 100 are "missile boats". Sounds like the kind of boat that can have a range of about 1,000 miles...meaning 500 miles out to sea if they want to get back to port. Israel has some that are about the size of a small corvette.

Their navy is mostly destroyers, frigates and corvettes. We have 248 combat ships...
They have 78 subs and 156 combat ships...

The biggest problem I'd see is that their entire fleet would be focused on an engagement off of their coast. Our navy would be spread out around the world. How much would engage the Chinese navy? The navy of the ROC is only about 75 combat ships...
Thanks!! I omitted the not