• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

“There's a sucker born every minute” - P.T. Trump teases perp walk for a 2nd day

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
There's lots of finger pointing and law breakers in D.C. I agree. The average person wouldn't be able to get away with some of their illegal activities. Justice/accountability should be the same for everyone.

The writer summed up the debt crisis quite well in his piece in his last few paragraphs.

"Chances of not getting a deal in a timely way are low. We're probably going to get a deal. But those chances are uncomfortably high even though they're low," he said. "The longer this goes on, the more chance there is of a mistake that somebody drops the ball between the administration and Capitol Hill."

In addition, any legislation to address the banking crisis could also be attached to a bill to lift the debt ceiling, Gardner added, further complicating efforts to avoid a historic default.

Some ideas that lawmakers have raised include expanding the level of deposits that the FDIC will guarantee and tightening regulatory oversight on banks.

"It's very hard to predict, but what you can predict is that lawmakers are going to look at that debt-ceiling bill as the way to get their agenda through," he said.

With neither party conceding to the other, Gardner thinks that stock market volatility will force Congress to reach a deal on the debt ceiling, noting that a similar standoff in 2011 was resolved as investors began realizing that a default could actually occur.

"That volatility in the market is what really forced Congress to finally act," he said. "A lot of times it's market action, market pressure that gets Washington to act."
The way I'm reading it the debt ceiling isn't the biggest problem Interest Rates are

Close to 190 banks could face Silicon Valley Bank's fate, according to a new study (msn.com)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yes, it's for certain it was written after that. I was just wondering if their forecast re: the other failures came true.
depends on what investors do evidently
I haven't read of but a few failures so far

TBLee

Governor
Are you able to see the irony in your reasoning? If all politicians are assumed to always be violating their oaths, how is voting going to prevent it from occurring over and over?

Since you nonchalantly say, all politicians do that to be honest.

That why we need to make sure those violating their oaths are held accountable (dems and repubs).
No irony in my reasoning, just calling it like I see it. I am all for holding politicians accountable, as I stated the best way to do so, is at the ballot box. Other than that it is a two tiered justice system, and that is the main way “we the people” can hold them accountable.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
No irony in my reasoning, just calling it like I see it. I am all for holding politicians accountable, as I stated the best way to do so, is at the ballot box. Other than that it is a two tiered justice system, and that is the main way “we the people” can hold them accountable.
Being able to vote is wonderful and acceptable.
It's really nor regarded as the best way to hold elected officials accountable, as your post indicated as being the best method.

TBLee

Governor
Being able to vote is wonderful and acceptable.
It's really nor regarded as the best way to hold elected officials accountable, as your post indicated as being the best method.
Well, it is one way we have to control who represents us. Our jails would be full of politicians if they all were held accountable for violating their Oaths. Jail time and removal from office would be great, but unlikely to happen. It is what it is….