• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

They tried to wipe it from history

Colorforms

Senator
Projection. You only understand it that way because you want to take no responsibility for fixing a system that is broken.
LOL I know that fostering divisiveness isn't going to fix anything. That's just common sense, something the left wing fascists are seriously lacking.

EatTheRich

President
Colleges do, but that's not what we're talking about.
The federal government contributes about 12% of direct funding for K-12.

Colorforms

Senator
The federal government contributes about 12% of direct funding for K-12.
Through the U.S. Department of Education, the federal government provides nearly $79 billion a year on primary and secondary education programs. The two biggest programs are No Child Left Behind Title I Grants to local school districts ($14.4 billion in fiscal year 2014) and IDEA Special Education State Grants ($11.5 billion in fiscal year 2014).

Other federal agencies that administer funding for primary and secondary education include the Department of Agriculture ($20.8 in fiscal year 2014), which coordinates the funding for the child nutrition programs, the Department of Health and Human Services ($9.3 million in fiscal year 2014), which supports the Head Start program, and the Department of Labor ($5.7 billion in fiscal year 2014), which supports Youth Employment and Training Activities and Youthbuild.

These are targeted programs, not basic education funding.

EatTheRich

President
LOL I know that fostering divisiveness isn't going to fix anything. That's just common sense, something the left wing fascists are seriously lacking.
It is not “fostering divisiveness” to allow everyone’s story to be told. It is fostering divisiveness to insist that wrongs done to some communities not be talked about because doing so would harm the dominant race’s innocent self-image.

As you know, “left wing fascists” is an oxymoron, and pretending it is not is objectively making the work of the actual right-wing fascists easier.

EatTheRich

President
Through the U.S. Department of Education, the federal government provides nearly $79 billion a year on primary and secondary education programs. The two biggest programs are No Child Left Behind Title I Grants to local school districts ($14.4 billion in fiscal year 2014) and IDEA Special Education State Grants ($11.5 billion in fiscal year 2014).

Other federal agencies that administer funding for primary and secondary education include the Department of Agriculture ($20.8 in fiscal year 2014), which coordinates the funding for the child nutrition programs, the Department of Health and Human Services ($9.3 million in fiscal year 2014), which supports the Head Start program, and the Department of Labor ($5.7 billion in fiscal year 2014), which supports Youth Employment and Training Activities and Youthbuild.

These are targeted programs, not basic education funding.
They’re also mandatory. When the federal budget for them is cut, it means local school districts must take money they could otherwise spend on other things (or raise taxes) to cover the shortfall.

Colorforms

Senator
It is not “fostering divisiveness” to allow everyone’s story to be told. It is fostering divisiveness to insist that wrongs done to some communities not be talked about because doing so would harm the dominant race’s innocent self-image.

As you know, “left wing fascists” is an oxymoron, and pretending it is not is objectively making the work of the actual right-wing fascists easier.
LOL this is the brainwashing I'm talking about. "The dominant race's innocent self-image" And why should white children's self image come into question. They never perpetuated these atrocities, Democrats did.

Maybe we need a class on the evils of being a democrat. :)

Colorforms

Senator
They’re also mandatory. When the federal budget for them is cut, it means local school districts must take money they could otherwise spend on other things (or raise taxes) to cover the shortfall.
Except democrats don't. They have had the same crappy school systems for decades. More money doesn't seem to fix anything, because all of the funding goes to the teacher's unions and not to the education of the children.

Way to to though, continuing to defend the democrat party screwing over the black community.

EatTheRich

President
LOL this is the brainwashing I'm talking about. "The dominant race's innocent self-image" And why should white children's self image come into question. They never perpetuated these atrocities, Democrats did.

Maybe we need a class on the evils of being a democrat. :)
No one ever accused white children of culpability, that is your bizarre straw man to deflect from your insistence that NO white people, present or historical, EVER be called out for wrongdoing.

I am all for criticism of the Democrats, with the kind of specific detail you eschew in practice; and of course it should be put in context of their longtime role as representatives pf the capitalist class.

EatTheRich

President
Except democrats don't. They have had the same crappy school systems for decades. More money doesn't seem to fix anything, because all of the funding goes to the teacher's unions and not to the education of the children.

Way to to though, continuing to defend the democrat party screwing over the black community.
Conservatives ... largely Republicans ... have objectively made those schools worse by defunding them. Places with superior schools are that way because of more funding and stronger unions.

Colorforms

Senator
No one ever accused white children of culpability, that is your bizarre straw man to deflect from your insistence that NO white people, present or historical, EVER be called out for wrongdoing.

I am all for criticism of the Democrats, with the kind of specific detail you eschew in practice; and of course it should be put in context of their longtime role as representatives pf the capitalist class.
That is exactly what critical race theory does. It's a shaming session for white kids. The thought disgusts me.

Colorforms

Senator
Conservatives ... largely Republicans ... have objectively made those schools worse by defunding them. Places with superior schools are that way because of more funding and stronger unions.
LOL such BS. Democrat schools in democrat cities in democrat states and it's republican's fault that democrats can't educate black children.

You literally sound insane.

write on

Senator
There is nothing that says the right wants to rewrite history. They don't want children brainwashed. I agree with them.

To many schools are brainwashing children as is.
Then why does Stitt want to exclude the teaching of slavery and Oklahoma's racism?

The only reason he's talking about the 1921 race massacre is because he couldn't 'whitewash' it.

Hell, up until a few years ago, you couldn't read about it. I know that I wasn't taught about it in high school.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
When they found that that wouldn't work, the right wing (Stitt) took on a different angle, like Texas.

Attempting to rewrite history in the attempt to polish a turd won't make the right wing legacy any more favorable of Oklahoma's racist history.

Critical Race History, for the right wing, is not something to discuss.

So true. They all deny our history.
Guess that's why this is their favorite flag.

1620775623990.png

write on

Senator

So true. They all deny our history.
Guess that's why this is their favorite flag.

View attachment 63000
We know what they're doing. Don't teach about racism and then you're all but saying that anyone that isn't white is inferior.

They're teaching their children to be racist thinking that no one will see the elephant in the room.

The pun fits. doesn't it?

Colorforms

Senator
Then why does Stitt want to exclude the teaching of slavery and Oklahoma's racism?

The only reason he's talking about the 1921 race massacre is because he couldn't 'whitewash' it.

Hell, up until a few years ago, you couldn't read about it. I know that I wasn't taught about it in high school.
I wasn't taught about it either. I was taught about the Black Wall Street, however. There are a lot of aspects of American history that people aren't taught, and there is just too little time to do it. That being said, there are books and reading assignments could be made. I had to do those all the time.

But to teach this in terms of black/white relations. And since this is a leftist program, we KNOW what the point of view is going to be. They wouldn't propose it if it was going to be objective and clinical.

write on

Senator
I wasn't taught about it either. I was taught about the Black Wall Street, however. There are a lot of aspects of American history that people aren't taught, and there is just too little time to do it. That being said, there are books and reading assignments could be made. I had to do those all the time.

But to teach this in terms of black/white relations. And since this is a leftist program, we KNOW what the point of view is going to be. They wouldn't propose it if it was going to be objective and clinical.
When I was in high school, we had an hr class called 'Oklahoma History'. i didn't learn about the tulsa race massacre because it wasn't in the curriculum.

It was as if the state didn't want their ugly past talked about. Just like Stitt is doing by signing that racist state bill.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
That’s not the point of teaching kids the truth about history. Kids who are taught the truth see the ongoing legacy of racist violence as a systemic obstacle and reject the colorblind racism that implicitly asserts Blacks aren’t good enough. And there is ample opportunity for young white kids to learn about historical white people who rejected and fought against white supremacy, which breaks down tribalist racial loyalties.
No. It just creates more racists.

Colorforms

Senator
When I was in high school, we had an hr class called 'Oklahoma History'. i didn't learn about the tulsa race massacre because it wasn't in the curriculum.

It was as if the state didn't want their ugly past talked about. Just like Stitt is doing by signing that racist state bill.
You say that the bill is racist, but forcing children into critical race theory is what is racist. All children should be taught the same, and learn our shared history. I am flatly against making education racial. That is just a recipe for continued division.

write on

Senator
You say that the bill is racist, but forcing children into critical race theory is what is racist. All children should be taught the same, and learn our shared history. I am flatly against making education racial. That is just a recipe for continued division.
The tulsa race massacre wasn't 'theory'. It was a part of history that Oklahoma didn't want to talk about until recently. The only reason it's now being taught in high schools is because they had no choice.

Why not teach the ugly eras of Oklahoma's history?

Should we not learn from MLK?