• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Things sure change under Biden Stewardship. Next up: North Korea...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Most people in separatist-held areas of Donbas prefer reintegration with Ukraine – new survey

Published: October 14, 2019 4.46am EDT

A poll released by the Kyiv Institute of Sociology, with data gathered from 8–16 April, 41.1% of people in Donetsk were for decentralisation of Ukraine with powers transferred to regions, while letting it remain a unified state, 38.4% for changing Ukraine into federation, 27.5% were in favour of secession from Ukraine to join the Russian Federation, and only 10.6% supported current unitary structure without changes.[18]

Another poll, taken by the Donetsk Institute for Social Research and Political Analysis, found that 18.6% of those polled in the region opposed changes to the government structure, 47% favoured federalisation, or at least more economic independence from Kyiv, 27% wanted to join Russia in some form, and 5% wanted to become an independent state.[19]

According to a survey conducted by Pew Research Centre from 5–23 April, 18% of eastern Ukrainians were in favour of secession, while 70% wished to remain part of a united Ukraine.
[20]

I don't think that survey says what you think it says.

Raoul_Luke

What does the word "fiction" mean to you?

Where did Putin say anything about justifying his invasion due to the imminent deployment of nuclear weapons in Ukraine?
He has been clear all along that Ukraine must remain "neutral." He doesn't even want NATO troops on his doorstep.

Raoul_Luke

Probably not, but Russia already borders 4 NATO members.
Read up on some Chomsky:

Chomsky told us that it "should be clear that the (Russian) invasion of Ukraine has no (moral) justification." He compared it to the US invasion of Iraq, seeing it as an example of "supreme international crime." With this moral question settled, Chomsky believes that the main 'background' of this war, a factor that is missing in mainstream media coverage, is "NATO expansion."

"This is not just my opinion," said Chomsky, "it is the opinion of every high-level US official in the diplomatic services who has any familiarity with Russia and Eastern Europe. This goes back to George Kennan and, in the 1990s, Reagan's ambassador Jack Matlock, including the current director of the CIA; in fact, just everybody who knows anything has been warning Washington that it is reckless and provocative to ignore Russia's very clear and explicit red lines. That goes way before (Vladimir) Putin, it has nothing to do with him; (Mikhail) Gorbachev, all said the same thing. Ukraine and Georgia cannot join NATO, this is the geostrategic heartland of Russia."

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Even when it’s undeniable that Trump completely failed in all those areas, his cultists still refuse to admit it.

It’s pointless discussing facts with them. They simply have no interest in the truth. Just like Donald “30,000 Lies” Trump.
Joe passed 30,000 decades back and now up for 'LIE OF THE YEAR'

Biden front-runner for ‘Lie of the Year’ award as many in media look the other way (msn.com)

PJ leftist stopped posting their hate of President Lie's on 1-20-2021