• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Think of the moderators like policeman on the highway

this seems circular. the onus isnt on me or any other admin...it's on him.

imagine a conversation where everytime you sad something you wore told to go f yourself. tolerable?

he is the issuer of the gfy... not the other way around..
So you keep saying - I was not party to the discussions so I can't judge where they went wrong.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
So you keep saying - I was not party to the discussions so I can't judge where they went wrong.
told you. doesnt need a judge.

the formula is simple.. stop being an ahole. write to SW.

if he's reading this... it's pretty straightforward.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
i cant tell you how many posts I've had removed..must be dozens upon dozens. Shit happens, people need to deal with it.
it's really pretty simple.

what is odd is that the moderation when viewed in total is really minimal... yet to some it's this high crime.. couple posts a week are deleted.. cople incorrigibles here and there are removed.. unlike any other site...where people are seemingly tosses willy nilly ..for not goosestepping with the site owners views.. not even remotely close here..

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
it's really pretty simple.

what is odd is that the moderation when viewed in total is really minimal... yet to some it's this high crime.. couple posts a week are deleted.. cople incorrigibles here and there are removed.. unlike any other site...where people are seemingly tosses willy nilly ..for not goosestepping with the site owners views.. not even remotely close here..
given the operative word there, you'd think more posters would get that.

FakeName

Governor
here's a way to mitigate some of the whining...

Only allow reports when the post being reported 'directly involves' the poster doing the reporting. For example, If someone calls someone else a name, only the 'offended party' can report the post.

Anyone who reports a post not directly about them, thread banned. Repeated reporting of posts not directly about them, temp ban.

Exceptions for things like threats of violence, thread derailment, etc., or as determined by staff.
Why?
How about respect PJ rules and if you accidently violate one and get deleted take personal responsibility instead of worrying about how they found out about the violation.

The goal of the rules is that we agreed on them, we follow them, BECAUSE the rules facilitate polite adult conversation.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Why?
How about respect PJ rules and if you accidently violate one and get deleted take personal responsibility instead of worrying about how they found out about the violation.

The goal of the rules is that we agreed on them, we follow them, BECAUSE the rules facilitate polite adult conversation.

a true gentleman.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
a true gentleman.

Most of the lefties are. There are always going to be some posts that get pulled. It's all in the game.

Hey Phil - should I change my avatar?

images.jpg

You're probably the only one here who get this.........

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
\
Picasso worked in watercolor, Michelangelo in stone, Rembrandt in oil, PNWest in snark.

so, that's like everybody here... but, good on you.

Mine is the perennial gleaning of dissembling and lies, and faux indignation...into a masterful tapestry...

do carry on...

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
\

so, that's like everybody here... but, good on you.

Mine is the perennial gleaning of dissembling and lies, and faux indignation...into a masterful tapestry...

do carry on...

It's nice to appriciate great art when you see it.