• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

This is a very cool, pragmatic development in delivery of needed carbon fuel... with reduced impacts

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/wolf-midstream-inc._albertacarbontrunkline-activity-6673618804561498112-xzq9

This is one of my firm's clients. It's great to see rational, constructive, engineered address of what is so often an emotional-ideological abyss. Engineered solutions. Sequestration. No "deniers", "flat-earthers", or "activists" of any sort...just solid application of the faculties God gave us. Well done.

:)
It's brilliant. Unfortunately, one can anticipate the technology going in the US the way fuel cells did: Nowhere, because the mega-energy corporations will see to it.

Last edited:

RickWA

Snagglesooth
It's brilliant. Unfortunately, one can anticipate the technology going in the US the way fuel cells did: Nowhere, because the mega-energy corporations we see to it.
Let us hope that pragmatism prevails.
The province of Alberta, Canada is a bit of an anomaly in that nation...forever the redheaded stepchild and forgotten among Canadian political classes, it punches way, way beyond its economic weight, boasts a strong prevailing ethic of independent thought and philosophy of energy development, and is regularly exploited and milked by the self-described sophisticates of the coasts. In many ways, it is Canada’s Texas.

Interestingly enough, there have even been movements here and there to secede and either have an independent go...or appeal to the USA for a sort of adoption (little doubt none of them would want that seeing what we’ve become). Regardless, though, I find Albertans to be kindred spirits. They are a great and entrepreneurial people.

Jack4freedom

Governor
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/wolf-midstream-inc._albertacarbontrunkline-activity-6673618804561498112-xzq9

This is one of my firm's clients. It's great to see rational, constructive, engineered address of what is so often an emotional-ideological abyss. Engineered solutions. Sequestration. No "deniers", "flat-earthers", or "activists" of any sort...just solid application of the faculties God gave us. Well done.

Very nice idea. Thanks for posting. I have always believed that with the resources and technology available today we can create an amazing world for everyone.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
Great start. And this is the type of advance we need since we have yet to actually find a replacement for fossil fuels.
Sure we have. Well, not complete replacement but serious reduction in need. I first read about sequestration more than a decade ago. Fuel cells were powering buses. Technology exists right now to reduce a number of our problematic excesses. Big money is suppressing wide-scale implementation.
Fuel cells now & sequestration in place of fossil fuels, kept down by oil money.
Hemp fiber in place of plastics, also kept down by oil money.
Vaping & snus in place of smoking, being regulated away by tobacco & pharma money.
Tracking tech in place of prison for non-violent convicts, limited by corporate prison operators & government unions.
Let's not even get started on medicines. Plenty of problems have been solved. When the solutions are received as a serious threat, mega-money commands it's servants in government to make them go away.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Sure we have. Well, not complete replacement but serious reduction in need. I first read about sequestration more than a decade ago. Fuel cells were powering buses. Technology exists right now to reduce a number of our problematic excesses. Big money is suppressing wide-scale implementation.
Fuel cells now & sequestration in place of fossil fuels, kept down by oil money.
Hemp fiber in place of plastics, also kept down by oil money.
Vaping & snus in place of smoking, being regulated away by tobacco & pharma money.
Tracking tech in place of prison for non-violent convicts, limited by corporate prison operators & government unions.
Let's not even get started on medicines. Plenty of problems have been solved. When the solutions are received as a serious threat, mega-money commands it's servants in government to make them go away.
No, what I meant was a replacement that is as portable, efficient and cheap as fossil fuel.

justoffal

Senator

It is doable....though as a power plant operator I have to warn all those who hold out hope that adding parasitic additions to the bottom line is a tough sell to the board of directors.....let's hope they see the light.

Ultimately we will find our energy solutions with fusion technologies...the return on the fuel usage is nearly five million percent over hydrocarbon combustion. Hard to argue with. There is an increase in energy output of 5.2x10^6 from one pound of combusted hydrogen to one pound of fused hydrogen.

Containment of course is the puzzle.

JO

Last edited:

RickWA

Snagglesooth
It is doable....though as a power plant operator I have to warn all those who hold out hope that adding parasitic additions to the bottom line is a tough sell to the board of directors.....let's hope they see the light.

Ultimately we will find our energy solutions with fusion technologies...the return on the fuel usage is nearly five million percent over hydrocarbon combustion. Hard to argue with. There is an increase in energy output of 5.2x10^6 from one pound of combusted hydrogen to one pound of fused hydrogen.

Containment of course is the puzzle.

JO
What sort of power plant do you operate, JO? (I.e hydroelectric, coal, etc.)?

justoffal

Senator
What sort of power plant do you operate, JO? (I.e hydroelectric, coal, etc.)?
Greetings....I cannot mention my employer's name online but I can give you some details. My power plant is a traditional HC set up dedicated to the needs of large manufacturing site that often requires as much as 60 megawatts of running support.
We have approximately 2 million pounds per hour of capability on hand and often will run even with the Utility tie lines. Occasionally when we have regional need we will put out megawatts as needed to the locals.

Our control room is particularly complex due to the fact that we must also pay a large VAR fee to the local utilities unless we decide to place the load on our own generators. Power factor and voltage corrections are made by an experienced operator who has a state licence and some electrical engineering support to make sure we do not motorize the steam turbines when adjusting for internal reactance. It does happen once a while however. The presence of very large induction motors can present complex voltage problems for the substation it is pulling from...which in turn runs back to the generator moving the power factor either up or down depending on what we are able to cope with at the moment. The control room operator is also responsible for monitoring the Nox, Sox, and CO1.... communicating with the boiler operator/s as to what is needed for either increased excess air or temperature adjustment in the flame front.

We are dual fuel capable ( actually tri -fuel capable but never use any of the coal equipment anymore....too much liability ). Right now we do the daily spot market for natural gas unless we can get a good block buy for a few months at a time. Recently the gas prices have been lower so the suppliers are a little more pliable. Our gas supply is interruptible on a 30 minute notice so we can switch flame sources on the fly from gas to distillate....it never gets boring....that's for sure.

JO

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Greetings....I cannot mention my employer's name online but I can give you some details. My power plant is a traditional HC set up dedicated to the needs of large manufacturing site that often requires as much as 60 megawatts of running support.
We have approximately 2 million pounds per hour of capability on hand and often will run even with the Utility tie lines. Occasionally when we have regional need we will put out megawatts as needed to the locals.

Our control room is particularly complex due to the fact that we must also pay a large VAR fee to the local utilities unless we decide to place the load on our own generators. Power factor and voltage corrections are made by an experienced operator who has a state licence and some electrical engineering support to make sure we do not motorize the steam turbines when adjusting for internal reactance. It does happen once a while however. The presence of very large induction motors can present complex voltage problems for the substation it is pulling from...which in turn runs back to the generator moving the power factor either up or down depending on what we are able to cope with at the moment. The control room operator is also responsible for monitoring the Nox, Sox, and CO1.... communicating with the boiler operator/s as to what is needed for either increased excess air or temperature adjustment in the flame front.

We are dual fuel capable ( actually tri -fuel capable but never use any of the coal equipment anymore....too much liability ). Right now we do the daily spot market for natural gas unless we can get a good block buy for a few months at a time. Recently the gas prices have been lower so the suppliers are a little more pliable. Our gas supply is interruptible on a 30 minute notice so we can switch flame sources on the fly from gas to distillate....it never gets boring....that's for sure.

JO
Very cool! I was a career Chemist/Chem Engineer who got sucked into Semiconductor/Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences/National Labs sorts of facilities process applications (all largely high purity stuff). I started my own company after 7 years of experience, grew it and then sold it after 20 years. Since 2015, I’ve been doing the independent consulting engineering thing - this time not only to the aforementioned high tech industries, but many clients are petrochem and power plants (some coal, natural gas, several hydroelectric, NO nuclear...because leftists have largely...irrationally...chased that industry away).

The industry diversity that I now get to dabble in has been an amazing breath of fresh air - and learning about my clients’ process and production details is incredibly rewarding. I recently turned 55 and am pondering retirement...but I’m a pretty hyper guy and I don’t think I could just “go fishing”. Anyway, I love hearing about/reading of other folks’ professional applications. I’d never ask company name or location in this online cesspool. Too many crazed dox-happy maggots...

Thanks for taking the time to share the above. Very interesting!

justoffal

Senator
Very cool! I was a career Chemist/Chem Engineer who got sucked into Semiconductor/Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences/National Labs sorts of facilities process applications (all largely high purity stuff). I started my own company after 7 years of experience, grew it and then sold it after 20 years. Since 2015, I’ve been doing the independent consulting engineering thing - this time not only to the aforementioned high tech industries, but many clients are petrochem and power plants (some coal, natural gas, several hydroelectric, NO nuclear...because leftists have largely...irrationally...chased that industry away).

The industry diversity that I now get to dabble in has been an amazing breath of fresh air - and learning about my clients’ process and production details is incredibly rewarding. I recently turned 55 and am pondering retirement...but I’m a pretty hyper guy and I don’t think I could just “go fishing”. Anyway, I love hearing about/reading of other folks’ professional applications. I’d never ask company name or location in this online cesspool. Too many crazed dox-happy maggots...

Thanks for taking the time to share the above. Very interesting!
My pleasure......

I have enormous respect to the point of being awed by anyone who can stick out the rigors of the effort it takes to get a degree in chemistry.....most people are totally unaware of the depth and effort of such an accomplishment. I am not surprised to learn that you are such a person. God bless and continue on with that excellent life path my friend.

JO

reason10

Governor
Great start. And this is the type of advance we need since we have yet to actually find a replacement for fossil fuels.
Late science fiction author Michael Crichton once said that when the market was ready, there will be a new source of energy for transportation. He reminds us that the original source of energy was many acres of horse feed. It took advances in technology but that very unhealthy and polluting source of transportation (horses, dumping manure on city streets) was replaced with a fuel that could be found deep in the ground of a few acres.

Crichton said when the market was ready (and not when government tried to subsidize or legislate it) other forms of energy will replace fossil fuels.