• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

This is NOT a post about Britney Griner, WNBA star/Russian gulag captive

1670567225478.png

Britney Griner scored a release today from the Russian gulag where she was imprisoned.
Congrats and best wishes for a full recovery.

This is not a post about Britney Griner, WNBA star/Russian gulag captive.

Or Victor “the arms dealer” Bout, who the US helped arrest in 2008 at the request of British authorities.

Or even Paul Whelan, the Trump era former Marine who has also been in Russian prisons – for years longer than Britney Griner.

This is a post about how the US media, possibly influenced by "foreign interference" - manipulates the government and the public. Then complains when it gets the result it wants, which simply was to generate even more “eyeballs” and advertising revenue.

Admit it – almost NOBODY knew about Paul Whelan, until his name came up this week. In connection with NOT getting swapped for The World's Most Dangerous Arms Merchant. All we heard for the past 10 months was “Britney Britney Britney!!!!”. WNBA promo photos. Footage of game highlights. And looking dejected, in court and prison, while being railroaded on felony vape charges. Wow - there were a Lot of those trial photos. You don't think that the Russian government was feeding our news sites that stuff, do you? Oh . . .that would be sooo weird.

I won't insult your intelligence by reminding that network TV and major internet properties “decide” what's news. Based on what they have video of. "Plane crashes on takeoff. Film at 11". You know that already. Yesterday's top story was “Warnock defeats America's worst senatorial candidate ever – as predicted”. I think CNN devoted 24 hour coverage to the last 3 days of the campaign, and election day.

Well . . . that's all over now. And networks that had pushed Griner to the back burner were shocked – SHOCKED I tell you – to learn from the Biden administration that Griner was being released, just hours after the election had ended. What timing, eh? (“No Boris . . not yet. Release her on Wednesday. Yes, we have our reasons")

This is probably too cynical a take on how our leaders conduct themselves. I mean it is inconceivable that the Biden administration would suddenly “find” a half dozen ex-girlfriends and love children of Herschel Walker in the final weeks before a tight election?. It would be sinister and distressing if the Griner release was timed to control the news cycle yet again, the day after the election, and boost Biden's ratings. That would never happen, right?

Well, we can certainly let Biden personally off the hook. He apparently sleeps 20 hours a day. More than my cat. This sort of thing – if it happened – was probably cooked up by the youngsters in the West Wing. There are a LOT of them, and this is their only job. Manage perceptions of Biden, One party control of the government. Same as Trumps people tried. This is how American democracy 'works".

“Good news Mr. President – we've finally arranged for that swap of Britney Griner for Viktor Bout”.

“Huh . . who . . . what are you talking about?”

“You remember sir . . .America's most tatted basketball player. You've been trying night and day to win her release since she was nabbed for vaping”

“Oh yes . . .I seem to remember something about her. Good. Wake me if there's anything else, okay? I'm going to play frisbee with my dog Major for a little bit, then take a nap. What time is “Leave it to Beaver” on? I love that show . .. “

Okay so Viktor the arms dealer is nabbed and convicted in 2008, in a “sting operation', at the request of Britain”. Soon after Putin turned against the USA, and started all this state sponsored troll and election interference stuff. “Former Marine” John Whelan was nabbed by Russia during the Trump administration, while in Moscow “attending a wedding”. Hear me out. Whelan COULD be a patsy, just like Griner. Or he COULD be an actual spy. How many former US Marines do you know who have travelled to Russia “for a wedding”? This is the sort of ruse Russia pulls when it sends a poison dart hit team abroad to take out a Putin critic. On multiple occasions. Or Whelan could be innocent. I honestly can't say.

What I can say is that the Biden administration seems to have made zero headway in securing Whelan's release. He wasn't even in the news. No trial photos. No interviews with tearful family interviews. Zero. Nada. Then Britney happened. She instantly became the face of Putin's barbarism, for the Biden administration and the media. Forget all the actual Ukranian victims of war crimes. WE HAVE TO SAVE BRITNEY!!

The Biden administration today expressed “sadness” that Whelan was not being released. And vowed to continue US efforts on his behalf.

If you believe ANYTHING that happens in the Biden administration, or the Trump administration, is simply coincidence or good luck, you may want to be a bit more cynical yourself as to how things work.

Britney – congrats on finally being freed. Hit the gym, and get back into shape. Your team (the Phoenix Mercury) will probably sell A LOT more tickets next season. Negotiate a better contract, as payback for your ordeal. And forget that lame book deal. Nobody reads any more. Negotiate a made for TV film.

Whelan – Chin up. The Biden administration has your back. Possibly through 2028, if he runs for re-election and wins. At least you're not a foreign woman in a Siberian gulag, though.

Britain – Sorry that your public enemy number 1 international arms dealer Viktor Bout got swapped for our WNBA player. But next time, catch and convict YOUR OWN enemies, okay? What did you think would happen if you relied on the USA to manage the risk for you on this one, eh? And stop whining that we're sending too much hep to Ukraine. You're not doing jack.

Reality check - if you reject the idea that Viktor Bout was imprisoned in the US at someone else's behest, ask yourself this: Why have so many EFFING south american drug kingpins been held in US jails, even though they were charged with most of their crimes in their homelands? Why, indeed.

Last edited: