• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

This was when America was great.

It was a day and time when we supplied for ourselves 90 to 95% of everything we needed with not much trade to speak of. I'm not saying we don't want or need globalization but we don't NEED the globalism (or the globalists) that they say goes with it because we in fact can be happily self-sufficient.

MAGA

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Oh that was rich. Exactly what I would expect from a MAGAt.

7 minutes and 37 seconds of "real America circa 1957. Take a look at the video folks. Not a single black person, not a single Asian person, not a single Hispanic person. There were probably hundres of individual people in that video and not a single minority.

What the scum of the right wants is what this fake video portrays - something that never was and never will be. They do not want any minorities. Levittown? Used as a bright example. Do you know that blacks could not buy a house in the various Levittowns? That's what today's GOP looks back favorably on. White's only businesses, schools and drinking fountains in the south, "we only rent to whites" and other discrimination in the north.

Today's GOP ladies and gentlemen - you can't spell RACIST without the (R).

By the way nim-rod - the top income tax bracket in 1957..... 91%. They way we built a middle class was on a highly progressive tax structuure that taxed the rich for the good of the entire country. Funny how this wasn't mentioned just like they forgot about everyone other than white people in the video.

SouthernBoyI

SouthernBoy

7 minutes and 37 seconds of "real America circa 1957. Take a look at the video folks. Not a single black person, not a single Asian person, not a single Hispanic person. There were probably hundres of individual people in that video and not a single minority.

What the scum of the right wants is what this fake video portrays - something that never was and never will be. They do not want any minorities. Levittown? Used as a bright example. Do you know that blacks could not buy a house in the various Levittowns? That's what today's GOP looks back favorably on. White's only businesses, schools and drinking fountains in the south, "we only rent to whites" and other discrimination in the north.

By the way nim-rod - the top income tax bracket in 1957..... 91%. They way we built a middle class was on a highly progressive tax structuure that taxed the rich for the good of the entire country. Funny how this wasn't mentioned just like they forgot about everyone other than white people in the video.
I just have the tired old question....What branch of service did you serve in?

SB

So what?

What do you think the effective tax rate was? ha ha

Psssst... Hearst, Rockerfeller, Morgan, Hughes, ...

May I introduce Mr. "Bipartisan" ladies and gentlemen"

Why he's ........"The most impartial and most bipartisan poster of all time. Also known as THE PARAGON OF CIVILITY"

LOL! Boy are you full of it!

redtide

Mayor

aw a liberal pretending not to hate minorities. What a joke, what no affirmative action you can promote or breaking up a black family by putting them on welfare?

SouthernBoyI

SouthernBoy
I served in the same regiment as the current President and former VP Dick Cheney. Funny thing was I actually not only registered for the draft but was fortunate enough not to get called. Didn't try to get a shady Dr to diagnose bone spurs.
So u haven’t served....
Normal for your ilk.

SB

BobbyT

Governor
It was a day and time when we supplied for ourselves 90 to 95% of everything we needed with not much trade to speak of. I'm not saying we don't want or need globalization but we don't NEED the globalism (or the globalists) that they say goes with it because we in fact can be happily self-sufficient.

MAGA
Good for whom?

Fins

Fray Terror
The 50’s were great. You could drink at work, smack the secretary on the ass, bang your girlfriend on the way home, and punch your wife in the mouth if she asked why you were late for supper.

Or, if you were attracted to little boys, you could become a priest and no one would ask any questions. In fact, if a kid accused you of doing something inappropriate, they’d punish the kid.

Yeah, life was good...

middleview

President
Supporting Member

MAGA
interracial marriage was illegal, gays were persecuted.

I think that was his point.
There's no point there.
Those were the types of things that today's GOP think made America Great.
On what basis do you make that allegation?

And then tell me how the rest of the world compared. Tell me how the rest of the world compares now. Also, explain to me how then and now Hispanics, Asians, and blacks kept immigrating to America when they could? Not many native born Hispanics, Asians, or Blacks packed up and went back to China, Mexico, or Africa. How come?