• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

This will make Doom-n-Gloomers VERY sad!

worldlymrb

Revenge
Then there is reality...

Jobless Claims in U.S. Rose More Than Forecast

Jan 12, 2012 8:49 AM ET

More Americans than forecast filed applications for unemployment benefits last week, raising the possibility that a greater-than-usual increase in temporary holiday hiring boosted December payrolls.

Jobless claims climbed by 24,000 to 399,000 in the week ended Jan. 7, Labor Department figures showed today in Washington. The median forecast of 46 economists in a Bloomberg News survey projected 375,000. The number of people on unemployment benefit rolls rose, while those receiving extended payments decreased.

Hiring by package delivery companies and retailers during the holidays to meet demand for gifts may now be giving way to an increase in dismissals. At the same time, claims figures are subject to greater volatility during this time of year, as the government has trouble adjusting the data for the seasonal swings in employment.

GordonGecko

President
They will absolutely PANIC if the econmy gets better and even Fox News can't deny it.

Because there's NO OTHER REASON to vote for Mittens, except the economy. Not one.

Cicero

Mayor
Yep; the truth comes out and leftwingers go into mourning . . . until they can embrace the next batch of lies and cooked numbers issued by the Obama administration and declare it holy writ. They never learn because they can't learn.

Cicero

Mayor
Well he gave most of it to the unions and even they can spend it on hookers and drugs and graft only so quickly. There are human limitations you know.

Al Ponzi

Council Member
Instead we got Solyndra, the Volt, and the Gore's stupid electric car company in Denmark all failures. Just like Barry. Then there is today's jobs report. Barry is dragging out the old yes we can line now. These guys lap it up.

GordonGecko

President
It all comes back to the same TRUISM.....

the Right do not WANT the economy to improve, for purely partisan reasons. They'd rather this nation suffer economically, than risk THEIR guy not getting elected.

And then they tell us THEY are "more patriotic" than we are. :rolleyes:

Bo-4

Senator

the Right do not WANT the economy to improve, for purely partisan reasons. They'd rather this nation suffer economically, than risk THEIR guy not getting elected.

It defies all logic.. i think they're gonna be even sadder in November. :D

Lukey

Senator

The only "truism" at work here is that, for the economy to improve, we need to back off the Obamunism.

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
Didn't Obama support those bailouts, vote "yes" on the bill, AND spend most of that bailout money??

worldlymrb

Revenge
Here is another truism.

The left desperately wants the economy to improve but it NEVER will because the major failure of an Authoritarian Command & Control Economy is that people (especially Americans) never do as they are told.

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
Absolutely not true...I want the economy to not only improve but to thrive...I have way too much money invested to want it to do bad. I see your brush is still VERY broad.