• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Thoughts and Prayers...it's too early.....there's nothing we can do.........now go buy more guns and ammo

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
For sure the “tranny factor” throws a wrench in the narrative works. But at least it WAS white or white-ish. And those guns…they need addressing. Again. Just no top posted clamoring for identifying/addressing lunatics.
The people that need to do something are a combination of our politicians and our mental health personnel. There needs to be a red flag law that allows the mental health practitioner the flag people that are proclaiming and professing violent ideation

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
In the absence of a Red Flag law, a therapist could lose their license to practice by revealing information about diagnosis.

Tennessee has a pretty lax open carry law...
I think that needs to change. The only thing that we've achieved to date are politicians on all sides posturing in front of cameras. That's absolutely nothing

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
If he/she wanted to die why not just kill himself/herself

It's reported he/she had seven (7) Legal Guns so he/she evidently had passed seven (7) Background checks called for here by some leftist. Surely his/her MGun control activist Mother knew he/she had that many Guns.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
The people that need to do something are a combination of our politicians and our mental health personnel. There needs to be a red flag law that allows the mental health practitioner the flag people that are proclaiming and professing violent ideation
This is another data point that proves our pols don’t INTEND to SOLVE problems. They NEED this stuff to cull and divide. They milk it, speak all around it, and keep it viable. Lots of examples of this practice.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
This is another data point that proves our pols don’t INTEND to SOLVE problems. They NEED this stuff to cull and divide. They milk it, speak all around it, and keep it viable. Lots of examples of this practice.
Yes. Apparently the shooter told a friend and the friend told no one. These politicians should be pursuing this person like they attempt to pursue parents and so on ..

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Does Tennessee have a red flag law? No. The proposed law has been held up for a couple of years....27 republicans and 6 Democrats in the Senate...75 republicans in the house...24 democrats.
Regarding advocating for mental health = nada for repubs as well.
FsQJyRuagAEUbK_.jpg

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Regarding advocating for mental health = nada for repubs as well.
View attachment 74498
(Aiden) was under mental health care
At 28 lived with Mommy and Daddy and they didn't know he/she owned 7 legal guns
Left home yesterday morning with a red bag and when Mommy ask what was in the bag was dismissed
Mental health needs start at home not in DC

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
My thought was to provide an APL to someone when they buy a gun for the first time. On the card would be the person's picture and embedded on the chip would be the serial number and caliber of weapons this individual legally owns. You can only buy ammo in the caliber of weapons on the card. If you sell the gun then the entry on your card is removed.

This would mean that everytime someone buys ammo it would be verified that the individual had passed a background check.

There would be no centralized data base that would identify gun owners.
Guess I can't see how it is possible for the same entity that catalogs ones ammo to not know which firearms they have.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Left home yesterday morning with a red bag and when Mommy ask what was in the bag was dismissed
Mental health needs for young children and beyond are sometimes missed by parents.

By Kate Rix
|
Nov. 15, 2022, at 5:04 p.m.
As the number of young people experiencing depression and anxiety continues to grow, schools play a critical role as providers of mental health services: Some 70% of children in the U.S. who seek and receive mental health support get it at school.
“School-based services help students navigate the system,” says Kelly Vaillancourt Strobach, director of policy and advocacy at the National Association of School Psychologists. “It can be very daunting for a parent with a child who is struggling. When there are services at schools, kids are more likely to ask for help.”
They may also be more likely to get help sooner: Due to a lack of mental health providers nationwide, the wait to see a private practitioner is as long as six months in some areas.
But schools can struggle to meet the need with existing mental health staff as well. The American School Counselor Association recommends a ratio of 250 students for each counselor, but the nationwide average was 415 students per counselor in 2021. The numbers are even worse for school psychologists. While the National Association of School Psychologists recommends 1 psychologist for every 500 students, in some states the ratio is as high as 1 to 5,000.
The Benefits of Mental Health Programs in Schools | K-12 Schools | U.S. News (usnews.com)

middleview

President
Supporting Member
She was under psychiatric care.

The parents thought she had one gun and she sold it.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Yes. Apparently the shooter told a friend and the friend told no one. These politicians should be pursuing this person like they attempt to pursue parents and so on ..
I know very little of the technology involved in .223 ammunition, but the story I just heard tells me that the AR15 issue really is the ammo. What if the amount of gunpowder in the cartridge were limited to make it less devastating? Would that be possible?

A doctor who treated patients from Uvalde was just on talking about how disastrous the wounds were. They showed the difference between 9mm and .223. Looks like .223 wounds are more likely to be fatal.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I know very little of the technology involved in .223 ammunition, but the story I just heard tells me that the AR15 issue really is the ammo. What if the amount of gunpowder in the cartridge were limited to make it less devastating? Would that be possible?

A doctor who treated patients from Uvalde was just on talking about how disastrous the wounds were. They showed the difference between 9mm and .223. Looks like .223 wounds are more likely to be fatal.
Why not just give psychiatrist etc the leeway to notify someone when a patient voices violent ideation?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Mental health needs for young children and beyond are sometimes missed by parents.

By Kate Rix
|
Nov. 15, 2022, at 5:04 p.m.
As the number of young people experiencing depression and anxiety continues to grow, schools play a critical role as providers of mental health services: Some 70% of children in the U.S. who seek and receive mental health support get it at school.
“School-based services help students navigate the system,” says Kelly Vaillancourt Strobach, director of policy and advocacy at the National Association of School Psychologists. “It can be very daunting for a parent with a child who is struggling. When there are services at schools, kids are more likely to ask for help.”
They may also be more likely to get help sooner: Due to a lack of mental health providers nationwide, the wait to see a private practitioner is as long as six months in some areas.
But schools can struggle to meet the need with existing mental health staff as well. The American School Counselor Association recommends a ratio of 250 students for each counselor, but the nationwide average was 415 students per counselor in 2021. The numbers are even worse for school psychologists. While the National Association of School Psychologists recommends 1 psychologist for every 500 students, in some states the ratio is as high as 1 to 5,000.
The Benefits of Mental Health Programs in Schools | K-12 Schools | U.S. News (usnews.com)
Not when I was raising my kids...........it was my responsibility and IMO the reason it's needed now at school is due to the caliber of so called parents today, they don't know how to be parents and majority mental themselves.

We not in Kansas no mo TOTO

Biden is running around lying as he's done for 50 years and needs menatl help

Biden makes multiple false Second Amendment claims in wake of Nashville Covenant school tragedy (msn.com)

"Shot HIS way into the school"
If you have a kid that doesn't know if it's a boy or a girl of course you have a kid in need of mental help

CCTV footage shows trans Nashville shooter with 2 assault rifles in hand, shoots his way into school | Watch (msn.com)

This Lesbian proves what I post

Cotton slams Jean-Pierre's 'shameful' comment 'blaming Republicans' for Nashville Christian school shooting (msn.com)

Last edited:

protectionist

Governor
Yes, here we go Brandon !

The same wore out response as the politicians lie scared of the handful of lunatic gun lovers. Over 89% want GUN reform yet they cower in the fear of the 11%. Majority doesn't rule - MONEY RULES!

So, for all those that send their kids to school, do you think if they will come home or not as you fondle your assault weapon - yeah it won't happen to you or your family "cuz I am a good guy with a gun !"

So our local school has the same old idiot out there in walmart camo and his wannabe ar-15 " guarding" the kids today - he usually lasts a few days - gets in the paper maybe then back to basement for hot pockets and cocoa.

So I ask - are you the 89% or the 11% - I already have my list who will fall in each category.
And these numbers are from a poll you got from your dreams ?

In any case, here are numbers from a real poll >>>

• The majority of Americans believe schools would be safer if teachers were given the option to carry a firearm, a new poll has revealed
  • The poll, conducted by The Economist and YouGov, asked nearly 1,500 citizens from both political parties if they were in favor of giving guns to schoolteachers
  • Among all surveyed, 51 percent said they support the idea - with the 31 percent saying they 'strongly' favor it, and 20 percent voting they favor it 'somewhat'
  • Meanwhile, just 37 percent said they oppose such a measure, with 14 percent saying they oppose the idea 'somewhat,' and 23 percent saying they oppose
  • With that said, Democrats were much more open to the concept of firearms in schools if carried by those trained to use them, such as an armed guard
  • Of course, in the case of idea of arming teachers, and other school staff, nobody is in favor of that without all those people being well-trained, many of whom, former police, national guard, US military, already are well trained.