• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Thoughts and Prayers...it's too early.....there's nothing we can do.........now go buy more guns and ammo

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Examples:
Pointing at politicians with guns in their Christmas cards is not the problem. No more so and then any violent ideation in song lyrics, in pictures across the internet, on social media, and so on.

Flooding the media with indignant commentary about gun owners and posturing as the guns are the problem is an absolute non-starter because guns in and out themselves are inanimate objects.

The focus is and should be and always has been the person with the mental deficits who goes unnoticed, or more relevant these days does in fact go noticed but no one speaks up.

TBLee

Governor
Examples:
Pointing at politicians with guns in their Christmas cards is not the problem. No more so and then any violent ideation in song lyrics, in pictures across the internet, on social media, and so on.

Flooding the media with indignant commentary about gun owners and posturing as the guns are the problem is an absolute non-starter because guns in and out themselves are inanimate objects.

The focus is and should be and always has been the person with the mental deficits who goes unnoticed, or more relevant these days does in fact go noticed but no one speaks up.
I agree! For starters we need to find a way to break down the stigma’s surrounding mental health and make it easier for those in need to seek out help
. I grew up in a family who owned guns. Hell, when I was in High School many of my classmates had gun racks in their trucks. Guns were never a problem.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I agree! For starters we need to find a way to break down the stigma’s surrounding mental health and make it easier for those in need to seek out help
. I grew up in a family who owned guns. Hell, when I was in High School many of my classmates had gun racks in their trucks. Guns were never a problem.
I think we're past stigma...mental health awareness is all around these days. It's the ability to speak up when so eone utters a threat.

I can say with 100% confidence if someone said within earshot of me they were going to do x y z to that school over there....I'd be on the horn to the cops Instantly.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
So a person who was mentally unstable KILLED those 6 people. He/She made the decision to load, aim and shoot the gun.
yes, they did - so if you report them - to which Tenn had no provisions to do so - aren't you " coming to get their guns" the favorite saying of the gun lobby to get you sheeple to buy more guns ? amiright?

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
What reform would you suggest? I want universal background checks and strict enforcement of laws related to private sales. If someone sells a gun without a background check and a crime is committed...they are complicit in the crime.

I wouldn't mind an Ammunition Purchase license as long as it didn't involve a mechanism to trace gun ownership, but simply acted as a way for someone to buy ammo for a weapon they own.
It was suggested that ar-15 type weapons be kept at gun ranges since they aren't a hunting weapon nor as effective as a shotgun in home defense. Most people claim they " are fun to shoot" amiright?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yes. Apparently the shooter told a friend and the friend told no one. These politicians should be pursuing this person like they attempt to pursue parents and so on ..
Patton said last night that she called authorities after informed by the shooter he/she was going to die

?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
This is another data point that proves our pols don’t INTEND to SOLVE problems. They NEED this stuff to cull and divide. They milk it, speak all around it, and keep it viable. Lots of examples of this practice.
Joey is doing exactly that and making jokes of it

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
That's a good enough reason to have the red flag law. Too bad all states don't have that these days.

Tennessee Shut Down a Red Flag Law That Could Have Stopped the Nashville School Shooting
Law enforcement said there are no laws in the state that would’ve allowed police to take weapons away from the shooter.

But there could have been a law: a Democratic state senator introduced what’s known as a red flag law in January 2020. The bill would have let family members, household members, intimate partners, or law enforcement officers petition a court to ban an individual who “poses an imminent risk of harm to the person or others” from possessing firearms.

If a judge granted the petition and issued an emergency order, the individual would have 48 hours to hand over any guns they already owned, and they would be prohibited from purchasing more until the order is terminated. But first, they would have to prove in a hearing they are no longer a threat to themselves or others.
Republicans held a supermajority in both the state House and Senate at the time (as they do now), and the bill never made it out of committees. In the years since, they have focused more on trying to curb LGBTQ rights than gun safety.

Following Monday’s tragedy, Tennessee Republicans have decided that there’s simply nothing they could have done differently to prevent the attack.

Tennessee Shut Down a Red Flag Law That Could Have Stopped the Nashville School Shooting | The New Republic

19 states and D.C. have some type of red-flag law
Initially, after the first red flag law was enacted in Connecticut 22 years ago, a few states followed suit. Indiana did so in 2005, and in 2016 Washington and California followed, according to data collected by Everytown, an organization working to end gun violence.

The National Rifle Association, for example, typically does not support red flag laws, as it argues the laws do not protect a person’s due process rights.

But Lawlor argued that in most cases red flag laws operate in the same way as search or arrest warrants operate: Officers bring the evidence to the judge, who makes a decision and allows law enforcement to act prior to having a hearing.

Last edited:

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
I think we're past stigma...mental health awareness is all around these days. It's the ability to speak up when so eone utters a threat.

I can say with 100% confidence if someone said within earshot of me they were going to do x y z to that school over there....I'd be on the horn to the cops Instantly.
Ok - I keep hearing that argument, so gun lovers have no problem asking the cops, armed with a revolver, to go up against a military style assault weapon in the hands of a suicidal person - correct? (Obviously outmanned. )

BTW why do you gun owners hate cops so badly, they feel the right to have these weapons supersedes the cops right to go home safely each night, your right supersedes the rights of the kids, the anti abortion activists desperately fought so hard to be born, for them to go safely to school each day? If being a cop means facing some crazed wannabe rambo then who wants the job ?

So I get this straight, report the mental issue and then listen to them scream " they are taking my precious guns "\. So who is this " judge" of who is mentally stable or not, who is getting ready to have a bad day. lose their job, find a cheating spouse and go off on the public? You must want more govt control and prying into our personal lives - how else would we find these mentally unstable people ?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
BINGO
but back then parents used a belt instead of pills to control their kids
we even had Gun Safety classes in grade school and in high school especially during hunting season almost Every truck had guns hanging in gun rack in the back windows and not ONE school shooting or anyone shot.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
yes, they did - so if you report them - to which Tenn had no provisions to do so - aren't you " coming to get their guns" the favorite saying of the gun lobby to get you sheeple to buy more guns ? amiright?
Tenn has Cops, you know like the ones that shot the he/she shooter

86 the bs Tenn had no one to report it too

Obama and Joey best gun salesmen in the USA

Phil proved you're wrong in post #84

Last edited:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Ok - I keep hearing that argument, so gun lovers have no problem asking the cops, armed with a revolver, to go up against a military style assault weapon in the hands of a suicidal person - correct? (Obviously outmanned. )

BTW why do you gun owners hate cops so badly, they feel the right to have these weapons supersedes the cops right to go home safely each night, your right supersedes the rights of the kids, the anti abortion activists desperately fought so hard to be born, for them to go safely to school each day? If being a cop means facing some crazed wannabe rambo then who wants the job ?

So I get this straight, report the mental issue and then listen to them scream " they are taking my precious guns "\. So who is this " judge" of who is mentally stable or not, who is getting ready to have a bad day. lose their job, find a cheating spouse and go off on the public? You must want more govt control and prying into our personal lives - how else would we find these mentally unstable people ?
COPS HAVE AR-15's
Easy--through their doctors and if they don't know if they are a he or a she it's clear they have Mental problems

TBLee

Governor

I believe the stigma’s are still prevalent. I do agree, that there needs to be a better way to speak up, and be heard.