• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

‘Threats’ prompt US Target stores to remove some Pride Collection products

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
Items removed from sale and others moved to back of stores after ‘confrontational behavior’ towards employees

The US retail giant Target is removing certain items from its stores and making other changes to LGBTQ+-themed merchandise ahead of Pride month, after an intense backlash from a minority of customers included some violent confrontations with shop workers.
“Since introducing this year’s collection, we’ve experienced threats impacting our team members’ sense of safety and wellbeing while at work,” Target said in a statement on Tuesday.
“Given these volatile circumstances, we are making adjustments to our plans, including removing items that have been at the center of the most significant confrontational behavior.”

Target declined to say which items it was removing but among those that attracted the most attention were “tuck-friendly” women’s swimsuits that allow transgender women who have not had gender-affirming surgery to conceal their genitals.

Love the graph! I'm stealing it.

Items removed from sale and others moved to back of stores after ‘confrontational behavior’ towards employees

The US retail giant Target is removing certain items from its stores and making other changes to LGBTQ+-themed merchandise ahead of Pride month, after an intense backlash from a minority of customers included some violent confrontations with shop workers.
“Since introducing this year’s collection, we’ve experienced threats impacting our team members’ sense of safety and wellbeing while at work,” Target said in a statement on Tuesday.
“Given these volatile circumstances, we are making adjustments to our plans, including removing items that have been at the center of the most significant confrontational behavior.”

Target declined to say which items it was removing but among those that attracted the most attention were “tuck-friendly” women’s swimsuits that allow transgender women who have not had gender-affirming surgery to conceal their genitals.

I condemn attacking store clerks because of merchandise selections made by Target headquarters.

TBLee

Governor
I’m sure they are. But what prompted the decision was a campaign of threatening violence against employees.
I have no doubt some wacko‘s may have threatened. It appears to me this has nothing to do with Target’s fear of “violence” but is about their bottom dollar. Nothing more. It’s about the mighty buck.

EatTheRich

President
I have no doubt some wacko‘s may have threatened. It appears to me this has nothing to do with Target’s fear of “violence” but is about their bottom dollar. Nothing more. It’s about the mighty buck.
Which is why they’re discontinuing a popular line of products? Yes, they care about the money they will lose if half their employees quit or require workers’ comp because they were injured severely on the job.

TBLee

Governor
Which is why they’re discontinuing a popular line of products? Yes, they care about the money they will lose if half their employees quit or require workers’ comp because they were injured severely on the job.
Perhaps some would quit because of the direction the company opted to go. As for them losing half of their employees or requiring worker’s comp because they were injured severely on the job…did that happen? Did employee’s get violently attacked? You cannot truly believe that IS why Target is backing away from their latest move.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Easy fix, open Trannie stores and keep the 'tuck friendly swimsuits' away from normal citizens swimwear.

EatTheRich

President
Easy fix, open Trannie stores and keep the 'tuck friendly swimsuits' away from normal citizens swimwear.
That wouldn’t stop the attacks. It would likely concentrate them.
Perhaps some would quit because of the direction the company opted to go. As for them losing half of their employees or requiring worker’s comp because they were injured severely on the job…did that happen? Did employee’s get violently attacked? You cannot truly believe that IS why Target is backing away from their latest move.
It didn’t happen because Target gave way to the terrorism.