• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Three studies confirm it - boosters are key in avoiding serious Covid illness

Bugsy McGurk

President
There really is no doubt. These studies won’t convince dedicated covidiots - nothing will, except a bad case of Covid - but all sensible people are well advised to get a booster. NOW.

And for those foolish enough not to be vaccinated at all at this juncture, get busy. Do it. Don’t be one of those people in ICU’s wishing they could turn back the hands of time and get vaccinated.

Zam-Zam

Senator

Hey @Zam-Zam - you should read this! It might just save your anti-vaxxer friends.
Thank you for your concern.

As you may or may not be aware, I'm an advocate for people getting as much information as they believe they need to make an informed decision. I also advocate for everyone's right to make their own decision with regard to their medical care, and will not attempt to impose my personal choice onto anyone else.

If we cannot tolerate any viewpoint other than our own, we are not truly practicing tolerance, IMHO.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Sure glad my family and friends and I are all vaxed and BOOSTED.

Getting boosted was 90% effective at preventing hospitalizations during a period in December and January when Omicron was the dominant variant, according to a CDC study that looked at nearly 88,000 hospitalizations across 10 states.

In comparison, getting two shots was 57% effective when it had been at least six months past the second shot

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Sure glad my family and friends and I are all vaxed and BOOSTED.

Getting boosted was 90% effective at preventing hospitalizations during a period in December and January when Omicron was the dominant variant, according to a CDC study that looked at nearly 88,000 hospitalizations across 10 states.

In comparison, getting two shots was 57% effective when it had been at least six months past the second shot
Covid passed thru my family just barely 5 months after our second shots…and then covid hit again at just under 7 months. However effective the respective covid warriors bicker that the vaxxes are, we need to learn to LIVE with this virus as endemic. Morons need to cease in politicizing it and at least pretend to be adults.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Thank you for your concern.

As you may or may not be aware, I'm an advocate for people getting as much information as they believe they need to make an informed decision. I also advocate for everyone's right to make their own decision with regard to their medical care, and will not attempt to impose my personal choice onto anyone else.

If we cannot tolerate any viewpoint other than our own, we are not truly practicing tolerance, IMHO.
We didn't tolerate Slavery.

We didn't tolerate Nazis.

We didn't tolerate Separate but Equal.

And while I am fine with people making choices as long as they do not effect others I draw the line where they put others at risk. That's why we have laws against drunken driving.

Bugsy McGurk

President
We didn't tolerate Slavery.

We didn't tolerate Nazis.

We didn't tolerate Separate but Equal.

And while I am fine with people making choices as long as they do not effect others I draw the line where they put others at risk. That's why we have laws against drunken driving.
In Trumplandia, selfish covidiots have the right to refuse masks and vaccines, get Covid, and clog up the hospitals, preventing the hospitals from giving adequate care to responsible vaccinated people who get injured or need medical treatment for non-Covid illnesses. And the doctors, nurses and other medical personnel who are exhausted from treating those selfish covidiots? Screw ‘em. Selfish covidiots have their rights to make other people miserable!

So it is written in Trumplandia.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
In Trumplandia, selfish covidiots have the right to refuse masks and vaccines, get Covid, and clog up the hospitals, preventing the hospitals from giving adequate care to responsible vaccinated people who get injured or need medical treatment for non-Covid illnesses. And the doctors, nurses and other medical personnel who are exhausted from treating those selfish covidiots? Screw ‘em. Selfish covidiots have their rights to make other people miserable!

So it is written in Trumplandia.
As your post make sane people miserable.................

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Covid passed thru my family just barely 5 months after our second shots…and then covid hit again at just under 7 months. However effective the respective covid warriors bicker that the vaxxes are, we need to learn to LIVE with this virus as endemic. Morons need to cease in politicizing it and at least pretend to be adults.
Morons need to get vaxed and boosted.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1. So much for natural immunity...so your family had covid and then were infected again.
2. Were any of your family hospitalized? Did any family members die?

The medical community is united in the advice that the vaccines prevent serious disease.

If anyone is politicizing it, it is you....and you suck at pretending to be an adult.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
1. So much for natural immunity...so your family had covid and then were infected again.
2. Were any of your family hospitalized? Did any family members die?

The medical community is united in the advice that the vaccines prevent serious disease.

If anyone is politicizing it, it is you....and you suck at pretending to be an adult.
The vaccine doesn't prevent it either. Catching a cold or getting the flu doesn't prevent you from repeat infections either. The idea that we can avoid covid is as dumb as suggesting you will never catch a cold or the flu. We need to learn to live with it, and the sooner the better.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The vaccine doesn't prevent it either. Catching a cold or getting the flu doesn't prevent you from repeat infections either. The idea that we can avoid covid is as dumb as suggesting you will never catch a cold or the flu. We need to learn to live with it, and the sooner the better.
Wow....you continue to ignore the fact that the vaccine keeps you from needing hospitalization. Far fewer vaccinated people are in the morgue.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Wow....you continue to ignore the fact that the vaccine keeps you from needing hospitalization. Far fewer vaccinated people are in the morgue.
This is a fine example of the disgraceful dishonesty of wingers. They KNOW vaccines dramatically decrease peoples’ odds of becoming seriously ill from Covid. They just routinely ignore it to peddle their “vaccines are useless” lies. Their lies kill people.

So deplorable.