• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Three-way race - but not who we may have thought

Jen

Senator
Huntsman = gone
Bachman = gone
Perry = gone
Paul = gone

Santorum, Romney, Gingrich = contenders

I'm not necessarily looking for anyone to quit at this point although Bachmann should do so.

But this is the 3-way race that I see.

Paul's one chance was Iowa.............. he didn't make it. Same for Perry. And Huntsman didn't even try. Bad idea.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
Iowa is a joke...Soon to be forgotten...President Obama could get 100,000 in the suburbs of Chicago alone....

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I agree; the whole Iowa Caucus process is just plain stupid. The candidates spend millions of dollars, and an extraordinary amount of time, kissing babies, eating corn dogs, and wearing out their staffs, vying for the votes of 120,000 Rubes who highly over value their own importance. I'd be for either going to a primary process in Iowa or skipping the state altogether.

Besides, any state in which Ron Paul wins 21% of the vote is pretty much irrelevant and cannot be taken seriously.

Iowa is a joke...Soon to be forgotten...President Obama could get 100,000 in the suburbs of Chicago alone....

Jen

Senator
It narrows the race down. That's all it does. You won't see Ron Paul doing anything anywhere else and the only reason he did well in Iowa is that he had a good organization.

Iowa has given us the 3 top candidates.

We may have sort of had that before this, but now we have it for sure. Where we thought the top 3 might be Newt, Romney and someone else, most of us didn't see Santorum as that someone else.

It's still a Newt/ Romney race but I don't think that after all is said and done we will be having the winner choosing the loser as his running mate.

I agree; the whole Iowa Caucus process is just plain stupid. The candidates spend millions of dollars, and an extraordinary amount of time, kissing babies, eating corn dogs, and wearing out their staffs, vying for the votes of 120,000 Rubes who highly over value their own importance. I'd be for either going to a primary process in Iowa or skipping the state altogether.

Besides, any state in which Ron Paul wins 21% of the vote is pretty much irrelevant and cannot be taken seriously.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
Newt???...Dream on...Newt is finished...Learn to love Mutt Romney..or your Obama hate will all be for nothing

Jen

Senator
If Romney is the candidate I will gladly vote for him. His wife looks better for the role of First Lady than Calista does.
But I report it as I see it.............Paul may have come in third, but that was his flash. it's gone. So we might as well strike him out now. That makes Newt third.

Council Member
How are people who backed Paul, the anti military guy going to back Santorum, or the any of the other guys who think that War is a real option first approach. These guys have no connection what so ever to Paul, so they will either not vote or find a 3 rd party or will understand that Obama is by far the best of all of them.
http://spreadingsantorum.com/ was looking for which state He was from, and guess what showed up.

Cut taxes, and cut spending and everything will be fine is the motto, ever heard of that. Get rid of taxes, get rid of regulations, get rid of food stamps, get rid of medical ins, get rid of SS and turn everything into privatizing. Yes we have a guy who couldn't get 25% in his third try at congress.

Say santorum how come you never put even one bill forward in two terms in congress to do the things you now say need done, and you will do even though you don't write bills when your president.

Council Member
If Romney is the candidate I will gladly vote for him. His wife looks better for the role of First Lady than Calista does.
But I report it as I see it.............Paul may have come in third, but that was his flash. it's gone. So we might as well strike him out now. That makes Newt third.
wow I thought you women only picked football teams by how they looked, not presidents based on their Wifes looks? lol

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Well, you may be correct vis a vis the "contenders."

From Perry's concession speech, it sounded as if he had lost the fire in his belly and will pack it in. Newt and Santorum both looked ready to fight. Don't know about their funds or their organization but I am not sure that that will be as crucial this year. I could see Bachmann give up and throw her support to Santorum. But I could see her stick around to South Carolina. Huntsman will run in New Hampshire and probably drop out.

What will be interesting to me is whether a three person race can be sustained.

In any case, it doesn't matter much to me. I wouldn't vote for any of them. But that's democracy.

Huntsman = gone
Bachman = gone
Perry = gone
Paul = gone

Santorum, Romney, Gingrich = contenders

I'm not necessarily looking for anyone to quit at this point although Bachmann should do so.

But this is the 3-way race that I see.

Paul's one chance was Iowa.............. he didn't make it. Same for Perry. And Huntsman didn't even try. Bad idea.

D

Doc

Santorum was the BIG Winner, yesterday.

However, Romney did more than was needed, and, now, he takes New Hampshire, with ease.

Gingrich, can hang around a while (Gingrich does not surrender, easily, one of the things I love about him), BUT....I do not see him going much past the Florida Primary, UNLESS he somehow takes Two out of the Three, between Airzona, SC and Florida (Which, is still feasible).

Romney, is in a pretty comfortable position, it would seem to me. The fight for the "NOT ROMNEY" position, is now between Santorum, and Gingrich. IF Santorum can pick up some steam, he might be able to end Gingrich's chances in South Carolina, which will set up an interesting dynamic.

I will, however, make my prediction: Romney will win the nomination, fairly easily. The RIGHT WING of the Party may be disgruntled, and, that would be bad for the General Election.

I also predict that Condi Rice will be the VP Candidate.....

Minotaur

Governor
Huntsman is not gone. In fact he has risen up to 2nd place and 3rd place in some NH election polls showing he wisely did not run in Iowa and hit NH hard. Seems to be paying off.

The 3 who came in 1,2, and 3 were the expected ones after the evangelical leaders strongly endorse Santorum. There was no huge surprise except maybe that in the end Romney beat Santorum by 8 votes. I kind of though Santorum might have won.

After NH if Romney, Santorum and Huntsman are up there together the political conversations are going to change.

D

Doc

Just my prediction, Gecko....

I will put you in the "I don't like Condi Rice" department.

Although, I doubt that your opinion is of all that much concern to the GOP.....