• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Three-way race - but not who we may have thought

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
wow I thought you women only picked football teams by how they looked, not presidents based on their Wifes looks? lol
Well don't be surprised..many thought Sarah Palin's "looks" and "beauty pageant status" in 2008 was going to help McCain win the election. That's all some of them talked about...how "hot" she supposedly was. Even after her disastrous interviews. Not sure Jen ever carried on about her but others certainly did, and some of the men were even worse.

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Mary,

Much as I would like to see Huntsman do better, I can't see him going past New Hampshire unless he finished first or a very respectable second in New Hampshire (which I think is a longshot). He would need momentum going into South Carolina and Florida and I don't think that that is likely. I agree that Huntsman was wise to skip Iowa. However, New Hampshire is crucial for him. If he is a distant second or worse in New Hampshire, I don't think that he has much of a shot. (Consequently, I decided not to quibble with Jen on Huntsman.)

Huntsman is not gone. In fact he has risen up to 2nd place and 3rd place in some NH election polls showing he wisely did not run in Iowa and hit NH hard. Seems to be paying off.

The 3 who came in 1,2, and 3 were the expected ones after the evangelical leaders strongly endorse Santorum. There was no huge surprise except maybe that in the end Romney beat Santorum by 8 votes. I kind of though Santorum might have won.

After NH if Romney, Santorum and Huntsman are up there together the political conversations are going to change.