• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Today’s absurd SCOTUS winger opinion - school prayer edition

EatTheRich

President
That's an odd tack.. what makes you think I don't take my own principles seriously? Or is this another one of those you need to tell me what I think type scenarios?
Because you refuse to answer questions asking you to apply those principles to cases where you claim to decide differently.

Bugsy McGurk

President
That's an odd tack.. what makes you think I don't take my own principles seriously? Or is this another one of those you need to tell me what I think type scenarios?
Nope. You can demonstrate that you take your principles seriously by asking questions aimed at seeing whether you can support what you say. The Socratic method. Simply claiming you take your principles seriously is an empty gesture.

EatTheRich

President
I've answered every question put to me. Just because you and others don't like my answer doesn't mean that I have to change my answer
Show where you answered the specific request for information put to you in post #83. Not just where you replied to the post … where you replied by distinguishing as asked between those cases of prayer led by public school officials you deem acceptable and those you deem unacceptable.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. You can demonstrate that you take your principles seriously by asking questions aimed at seeing whether you can support what you say. The Socratic method. Simply claiming you take your principles seriously is an empty gesture.
Sure. Are Americans freely able to express their faith?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Show where you answered the specific request for information put to you in post #83. Not just where you replied to the post … where you replied by distinguishing as asked between those cases of prayer led by public school officials you deem acceptable and those you deem unacceptable.
Sure. I answered in 81.

"No. Leads ..no.. if your context is indoctrination.. voluntarily..yes . This is America"

See it? Here it is copied in quotes.

My answer was no. Teachers and coaches cannot lead..in the context of indoctrinating, (and I'll add..nor where it may be prayer lead by requirement organized by the school). But, voluntarily, yes..a coach or teacher may voluntarily pray. This is America. People may join them voluntarily if they so choose .

Bugsy McGurk

President
Sure. Are Americans freely able to express their faith?
Challenged to answer my questions, you decline again and ask a question instead. Even worse, you ask a rhetorical question that I and others have nevertheless answered repeatedly.

I rest my case.

EatTheRich

President
Sure. I answered in 81.

"No. Leads ..no.. if your context is indoctrination.. voluntarily..yes . This is America"

See it? Here it is copied in quotes.

My answer was no. Teachers and coaches cannot lead..in the context of indoctrinating, (and I'll add..nor where it may be prayer lead by requirement organized by the school). But, voluntarily, yes..a coach or teacher may voluntarily pray. This is America. People may join them voluntarily if they so choose .
So you disagree with the Supreme Court decision about a coach leading prayer?