• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Top 1% pays 40% of income taxes.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
When all is said and done, almost every adult American pays about the same effective tax rate, to support a state organized in the class interest of the bourgeoisie.

But not on the same dollar amount. So structurally the wealthier pay more.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
That’s generally how loans work.
Oh I see.

Well, the way I see it...we each have an obligation to pay towards the maintenance of infrastructure, emergency services etc. Higher earners pay more.

None are owed it back.

We each are obliged to aid the neediest. But not the indolent

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
If you say so.

Regardless, the point remains. Any conclusions drawn about “fair share” etc. that only takes income tax into account (i.e. the TP), is garbage.
No.

Take 22 percent of 200 k. Take 11% of 40k, who then gets that refunded to them.

Who has paid more?

EatTheRich

President
But not on the same dollar amount. So structurally the wealthier pay more.
“He sat down opposite the treasury and observed how the crowd put money into the treasury. Many rich people put in large sums. A poor widow also came and put in two small coins worth a few cents. Calling his disciples to himself, he said to them, 'Amen, I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the other contributors to the treasury. For they have all contributed from their surplus wealth, but she, from her poverty, has contributed all she had, her whole livelihood.”-Mark 12:41-44

EatTheRich

President
Oh I see.

Well, the way I see it...we each have an obligation to pay towards the maintenance of infrastructure, emergency services etc. Higher earners pay more.

None are owed it back.

We each are obliged to aid the neediest. But not the indolent
When the rich establish a state to ensure they will be supported by the rest of us in their indolence, that is an insult to us. When they demand that out of what is left over after their parasitism, we contribute more to the maintenance of their state, that is hubris.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
“He sat down opposite the treasury and observed how the crowd put money into the treasury. Many rich people put in large sums. A poor widow also came and put in two small coins worth a few cents. Calling his disciples to himself, he said to them, 'Amen, I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the other contributors to the treasury. For they have all contributed from their surplus wealth, but she, from her poverty, has contributed all she had, her whole livelihood.”-Mark 12:41-44
Nice

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
When the rich establish a state to ensure they will be supported by the rest of us in their indolence, that is an insult to us. When they demand that out of what is left over after their parasitism, we contribute more to the maintenance of their state, that is hubris.

I don't follow. It is refunded in many cases

Spamature

President
Nay, education and effort does it. Not politics
Wrong way to look at it.
That's just individual musical chairs you're talking about. The system would still be the same regardless of which individuals were where in the stats. That's politics.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Wrong way to look at it.
That's just individual musical chairs you're talking about. The system would still be the same regardless of which individuals were where in the stats. That's politics.
No. You're throwing gobbeldy gook to muddy the topic.

If I study and earn a high salary a result, you do t study a d work a barcode scanner somewhere...that's not musical chairs and politics.. that's you not studying and limiting your own potential.

EatTheRich

President
No. You're throwing gobbeldy gook to muddy the topic.

If I study and earn a high salary a result, you do t study a d work a barcode scanner somewhere...that's not musical chairs and politics.. that's you not studying and limiting your own potential.
I work retail. Among my co-workers are a Harvard graduate, an M.D., and 2 people with Master’s degrees. Our society demands a certain number of people getting jobs with high salaries and a certain number of people working retail jobs.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I work retail. Among my co-workers are a Harvard graduate, an M.D., and 2 people with Master’s degrees. Our society demands a certain number of people getting jobs with high salaries and a certain number of people working retail jobs.
No it doesn't.