• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump admits to obstructing justice by firing Comey

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Firing someone? I thought we covered off on this years ago, the president can fire whomever whenever he pleases. Is that not correct?

And I believe just above we've established that there was no basis for concern based on the results of the Mueller report.

Further, when the Biden administration took office and they gave notice to all of the Trump admin leftovers that they were done, was that okay?
Trump: [A] lot of people say to me, 'How you survived is one of the most incredible things.' Don't forget, I fired Comey. Had I not fired Comey, you might not be talking to me right now about a beautiful book of four years at the White House. And we'll see about the future. The future's going to be very interesting. But I fired Comey, that whole group, and now that group is coming back again. I mean, it's not believable. It shouldn't be allowed to happen. It shouldn't be allowed to happen."

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Trump: [A] lot of people say to me, 'How you survived is one of the most incredible things.' Don't forget, I fired Comey. Had I not fired Comey, you might not be talking to me right now about a beautiful book of four years at the White House. And we'll see about the future. The future's going to be very interesting. But I fired Comey, that whole group, and now that group is coming back again. I mean, it's not believable. It shouldn't be allowed to happen. It shouldn't be allowed to happen."
I read that yes, thank you for sharing it again

Bugsy McGurk

President
Why would he leave that question to the department of justice, when he clarified that he did not make a determination...?
He has explained this. Because the power to impeach lay in Congress, he thought it would be “unfair to Trump” if he opined on guilt for obstruction of justice. And now that Trump is out of office the issue for the AG is whether to indict Trump for obstruction.

Of course, Baghdad Barr and Trump seized on Mueller’s decision to be “fair to Trump” to falsely claim that Mueller vindicated Trump on the obstruction issues.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Yep, Barr rushed out with his false statement before the release of the report.
Of course, that also means that in no way would the Trump DOJ have properly handled a referral of Trump.
The big mistake - a huge one - was Pelosi’s decision not to impeach him. That decision was colored, of course, by Baghdad Barr and Trump having a month to lie about the report before the public even saw it.

Dino

Russian Asset
Actually, Trump confessed that he fired Comey because he was investigating him. Trump's actions were those of a guilty man. ha ha.

Seen the quote. Doesn’t mean much. I can’t come up with anything the FBI would have on Trump they could charge him with. I mean by now you must be aware there was nothing damning in the Russia collusion hoax tall tale to use against him, right? That was simply a distraction to keep the “constant scandal” lefty meme going. The FBI, like Mueller, would have had nothing to charge.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Firing someone? I thought we covered off on this years ago, the president can fire whomever whenever he pleases. Is that not correct?

And I believe just above we've established that there was no basis for concern based on the results of the Mueller report.

Further, when the Biden administration took office and they gave notice to all of the Trump admin leftovers that they were done, was that okay?
That is incorrect. Motive is the critical issue.

A political leader may be able to fire an investigator for innocent reasons but, if he fires the investigator because that investigator is investigating him, that is textbook obstruction of justice. And Trump has admitted that he fired Comey because he was investigating him, which subjected him to legal peril.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Actually, Trump confessed that he fired Comey because he was investigating him. Trump's actions were those of a guilty man. ha ha.

An outright admission of obstruction of justice. Again.

Hello? Garland? Are you there?

Sheesh.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
He has explained this. Because the power to impeach lay in Congress, he thought it would be “unfair to Trump” if he opined on guilt for obstruction of justice. And now that Trump is out of office the issue for the AG is whether to indict Trump for obstruction.

Of course, Baghdad Barr and Trump seized on Mueller’s decision to be “fair to Trump” to falsely claim that Mueller vindicated Trump on the obstruction issues.
It was never fully clarified, but Mueller did correct the record

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
That is incorrect. Motive is the critical issue.

A political leader may be able to fire an investigator for innocent reasons but, if he fires the investigator because that investigator is investigating him, that is textbook obstruction of justice. And Trump has admitted that he fired Comey because he was investigating him, which subjected him to legal peril.
Trump admitted no such thing in the reference in the top post

Bugsy McGurk

President
It was never fully clarified, but Mueller did correct the record

Long after the barrage of lies from Baghdad Barr and Trump, Mueller did say what I said above - that Trump could be impeached, but not charged criminally, while he was president. He is no longer president so he can now be charged criminally. Which Garland should do ASAP.

Bugsy McGurk

President
“[A] lot of people say to me, 'How you survived is one of the most incredible things.' Don't forget, I fired Comey. Had I not fired Comey, you might not be talking to me right now about a beautiful book of four years at the White House. And we'll see about the future. The future's going to be very interesting. But I fired Comey, that whole group, and now that group is coming back again. I mean, it's not believable. It shouldn't be allowed to happen. It shouldn't be allowed to happen."

Bugsy McGurk

President
“I was going to say before, if I didn't fire Comey, they were looking to take down the President of the United States. If I didn't fire him, and some people said, 'He made a mistake when he fired Comey.' And now those same people said it was the most incredible instinctual moves that they've ever seen, because I wouldn't — I might be here with you, perhaps we'll be talking about something else. But I don't think I could have survived if I didn't fire him, because it was like a hornet's nest."

Bugsy McGurk

President

“Holt, the anchor of the "NBC Nightly News," repeatedly tried to get to the bottom of why Trump fired Comey. Trump blew up the White House's stated reason, which was that deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein had officially recommended Comey's firing, and Trump had just accepted the recommendation.

Trump said to Holt, "He made a recommendation, but regardless of recommendation, I was going to fire Comey, knowing there was no good time to do it. And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won."

middleview

President
Supporting Member
That’s right. He asked the Russians to do it. And they did.
The suspicion that there was at least implied benefit to the Russians was the reason for the investigation....there was never evidence that Trump himself may have communicated that to the Russians, but that didn't exclude some sort of favorable treatment suggested by Carter Page or others.

Spamature

President
You really should read it again. He was done after he asked me to clarify. And I answered his question twice. You’re a liar
He confessed to a crime

It would be like Rittenhouse saying he shot his victim because he was angry at them and not because he was in fear for his life.