• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump being investigated for violating Espionage Act

JohnJohnson

Council Member
It's new territory, so anything and everything will become talking points for quite some. No doubts about that.
It's just a relief to know the docs can be now stored in a safer place if they contain highly classified information.
When one backs away and looks at it from a fair perspective they can see this case is thoroughly flawed. Biden, Garland, and Democrats received major blowback from simply the raid. Now is their entire case resting on the idea that they get to prescribe how Biden's political enemy got to declassify information while he was President of the United States??? Wow. Constitutionally that would be one of the weakest cases one could ever present. Not only is it weak but it's littered with political land mines that could be potentially fatal if pursued and failed.

And, yes, I agree that putting that stuff in a safer place IF it is highly sensitive to national security is a very good idea. If it's stuff about HIllary Clinton emails, Russiagate, Ukraine, pardons, etc. as some are reporting then I must wonder what the hell are they doing?

JohnJohnson

Council Member
“Sources in the know.”
There were no nuclear codes. Like I said, you will see in time when nothing is pursued on the matter. WAPO will offer a 20th page and 3 sentence "apology" in about 18 months after getting hammered over and over for its "reporting". The lie was strategically planted to give cover. Once they figure the cover is no longer needed they print a tiny retraction in an attempt to add credibility. No different than what these people did with the fake bounty on troops story or the dossier or the Hunter laptop.....among others.

Like those, though, leftists will still be trying to pass it off as some sort of fact into perpetuity. This "media" knows and I know how dumb you all really are.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
But Hunter Bidens laptop! That clearly shows a troubled individual with drug problems! Nothing really important at the national security level… no security clearance protocol… but… what about Hunter Biden’s laptop!
Or Berger's underwear
Hunter is on vacation with the BIG GUY

You sure jacked the hell out of Bugs topic

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
True, a president can declassify them while in office... but not after leaving office.
Even then It's not that simple -- it's a very complicated process to declassify documents.
Yeah, just cut the top part of the paper off as Hillary did

Bugsy McGurk

President
I'm talking primarily about the head of the DOJ.....who Wray and all others are under.....Merrick Garland. He's the one who signed off on the raid.

The President has sole authority to classify or declassify anything he wants during his Presidency. Yes or no?
Don’t be an ingrate. Garland should have indicted Trump the day he was sworn in.

And ex-presidents have no power to declassify things. You just can’t wiggle out of how deplorable it is to keep defending that bloated, orange swine.

write on

Senator
When one backs away and looks at it from a fair perspective they can see this case is thoroughly flawed. Biden, Garland, and Democrats received major blowback from simply the raid. Now is their entire case resting on the idea that they get to prescribe how Biden's political enemy got to declassify information while he was President of the United States??? Wow. Constitutionally that would be one of the weakest cases one could ever present. Not only is it weak but it's littered with political land mines that could be potentially fatal if pursued and failed.

And, yes, I agree that putting that stuff in a safer place IF it is highly sensitive to national security is a very good idea. If it's stuff about HIllary Clinton emails, Russiagate, Ukraine, pardons, etc. as some are reporting then I must wonder what the hell are they doing?

What exactly shows the rule of law broken with the
I gave you a like just for the read.

But let's start by naming the last time a president took sensitive docs 'home' when he left office and end up hidden in a safe when the Constitution states that all docs are to be put in the National Archives?

Trump is a wannabe fascist. Ignoring that fact does nothing but put another dagger in the heart of America's democracy.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Don’t be an ingrate. Garland should have indicted Trump the day he was sworn in.

And ex-presidents have no power to declassify things. You just can’t wiggle out of how deplorable it is to keep defending that bloated, orange swine.
"should"
but didn't

EatTheRich

President

Republicans do the sort of thing of which you are accusing Biden etc.—use phony national security pretexts you persecute their mainstream political enemies—routinely. Democrats do not because their voters, who are more serious, would never let them get away with it.

There are LAWS saying what a president must do to declassify information he has the power to declassify. And secret nuclear weapons information is not among that material at all.