• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump breaks law, visits Ford plant without mask

OldTrapper

Council Member
If you don't know of the hairdresser given 7 days and $7,000 fine for breaking the Law bugs posting of, there's no reason for me and try educating you, do it yourself.
Sorry ass, I wasn't posting to bugsy, I thought I was posting to you. If you don't know what you are talking about, and that would be the usual state of affairs, then admit it

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Some court has said the law Trump broke is unconstitutional?

Nah, but it looks like you’re walking from the claim that Trump, as POTUS, is above the law. As you should.
So, like, did the Michigan legislature pass this law that Trump allegedly broke?

Raoul_Luke

I just don’t believe you’re too dopey to know the obvious answer to that question. You’re just pretending to be that dopey as your latest dissembling gambit.
I know, the answer is "no, they did not." It is an "executive order" which is unlikely to withstand a constitutional challenge.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Everyone else is wearing a mask per the law, but Trump refuses.

The purpose of such masks, of course, is to protect others. But Trump doesn’t care about others - he’s a sociopath. A lawless sociopath.

This didn’t age well. If you watched the whole thing you wouldn’t have posted this- but you enjoy looking stupid. So have at it.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I know, the answer is "no, they did not." It is an "executive order" which is unlikely to withstand a constitutional challenge.
I said five times above that it was an executive order. Nice of you to finally catch on.

Is it your view that Trump is above the law because you say the law is “unlikely to withstand a constitutional challenge”?

Bugsy McGurk

President
This didn’t age well. If you watched the whole thing you wouldn’t have posted this- but you enjoy looking stupid. So have at it.
Of course it did. It was quite some time before it was known that Trump wore a mask before joining the media. And when it became known I did a thread on that.

You should try to pay attention.

Raoul_Luke

I said five times above that it was an executive order. Nice of you to finally catch on.

Is it your view that Trump is above the law because you say the law is “unlikely to withstand a constitutional challenge”?
EOs aren't "laws." And Trump is not subject to state executive orders.

Colorforms

Senator
It’s classified as a public forum by the White House. Which is why his account is allowed to post racial incitements that would normally be removed from Twitter.
You have yet to back that up. I posted all I could find on it, and none of it says that he can't use his twitter account as he sees fit. He just has to keep from deleting his tweets.

Raoul_Luke

Sure they are. You seem to think that only statutes are laws. Executive orders are also laws. But you again claim that Trump is above the law. Trump thinks so too.
While executive orders are legally binding, they are not laws; they are instructions on how the executive branch ought to enforce the law. These instructions must line up with existing U.S. laws and the U.S. Constitution.[2]

Bugsy McGurk

President
While executive orders are legally binding, they are not laws; they are instructions on how the executive branch ought to enforce the law. These instructions must line up with existing U.S. laws and the U.S. Constitution.[2]

That’s just another way of saying what I said. Executive orders are not statutes, as I said. If one’s semantical niggling leads one to say that only statutes are “laws,” then niggle you will. As your link notes though, EO’s are legally binding. They have the force of law. So, you can quibble away and call them “executive edicts with the force of law,” rather than “laws.”

And when your semantical quibbling is done, we’re back to where you started - you claim Trump is above the law.