• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump crushing the fake press

Seems the appetite for fake news and yellow journalism is losing it's appeal.

BuzzFeed who recently published blatant lies about the President is laying off it's entire national news desk team as well as a host of others ......in addition to the 100 employees fired last November another 220 will get the ax this week.

"BuzzFeed, often hailed as the future of publishing and a leading producer of digital content, plans to lay off 15 percent of its work force, or around 200-220 employees, according to a memo sent to the staff on Wednesday night."

At the Huffington Post the bloodshed continues this week with the announced layoff of 15 union, non-union and management positions.

“Newspapers are still shedding on average 1,000 jobs per month — more than mining, steel, fishing and all the beleaguered industries politicians talk about. The news industry — in all formats — is in crisis. We need sustainable business models for journalism.” [The Pulitzer Center’s Indira Lakshmanan]

The recent layoffs at the NYT and Bloomberg among others are to be noted as well.

Here's what this tells me..........these journalism layoffs are happening while the economy is still broadly doing well. That's a bad omen for these so called "journalists". Nobody and no other industry in this country is seeing layoffs like this.

But the big questions are....

1) Do you think these liars and propagandists can prevent their actions from killing off their jobs and careers?
2) Do you think they own enough self awareness to know the damage they're doing to their brand and change or stop this behavior?
3) Do they even care?

The next recession, and it will come, is going to be EXTRA disastrous for the news industry.

Last edited:

voyager

4Q2247365
Yes of course.....Orange man bad. We get it.

Any thoughts on the topic?
I take everything with a grain of salt until the truth is revealed. I do know that Trump gives the media a run for there money with fake news. Fact check sez Trump has told something like 4000 lies so far.

I take everything with a grain of salt until the truth is revealed. I do know that Trump gives the media a run for there money with fake news. Fact check sez Trump has told something like 4000 lies so far.
4000? LOL I'd have to take that with a few grains of salt!

I can only imagine how many lies have been told to the American people by the propagandist press. Hence the subject of this op.

The "press" are no longer press but instead are partisan pundits and it's killing them and their industry. Literally.

Answering my own questions I'd say ....

1) I think the backlash against the "press" is looming and inevitable. Many so called credible journalists will be unemployed in the coming months and years. Many, from both the left and right of the political spectrum, have already put themselves out of business.
2) I do not think they are self aware of the damage they're doing to their credibility.
3) They will only care when it's too late.

Bear Claw

President
[QUOT="Tor-Pete-O, post: 2490846, member: 25865"]Yes of course.....Orange man bad. We get it.

Any thoughts on the topic?[/QUOTE]

Sure

Trump dislikes news because it actually reports what HE SAID.

Nothing fake there.

Bear Claw

President
4000? LOL I'd have to take that with a few grains of salt!

I can only imagine how many lies have been told to the American people by the propagandist press. Hence the subject of this op.

The "press" are no longer press but instead are partisan pundits and it's killing them and their industry. Literally.

Answering my own questions I'd say ....

1) I think the backlash against the "press" is looming and inevitable. Many so called credible journalists will be unemployed in the coming months and years. Many, from both the left and right of the political spectrum, have already put themselves out of business.
2) I do not think they are self aware of the damage they're doing to their credibility.
3) They will only care when it's too late.

They have your boy wonder at 10,000 and counting.

https://crooksandliars.com/2019/04/washington-post-reports-trump-lies-10000