• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump Dominates 2024 Presidential Polls in Survey

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Yup. Many Democrats are conjoining together to force him to stand down in 2024.

Somewhere here on PJ I mentioned that we need a much younger president. I think it was answered in agreement by my nemesis, Phil. Both Biden and Trump proves that to be true.

I'd first restart my modem.
Try SPEEDTEST.NET if you think it a network issue

write on

Senator
Try SPEEDTEST.NET if you think it a network issue
I've got speedtest.net readily bookmarked. It works to find out if your internet connection is slow. I brought the same problem up over on the General Discussion forum just to get some input.

Doh! Later, a light bulb lit up and I finally recalled what it would take to speed up my internet connection. Restarting usually works.

protectionist

Governor
Not usually, unless your C drive is nearly full and impacting virtual memory allocation. Do you have an SSD drive? How much memory?
Right click my computer and properties to find out memory.
Control atl delete and process monitor to see how busy your PC is.
What OS?
What's an SSD drive ?
OS is Windows 10 - hey, I knew OS meant operating system. I ought get some atta boys for that. Now I'll look up the other stuff.

Last edited:

protectionist

Governor
Not usually, unless your C drive is nearly full and impacting virtual memory allocation. Do you have an SSD drive? How much memory?
Right click my computer and properties to find out memory.
Control atl delete and process monitor to see how busy your PC is.
What OS?
Installed RAM - 4.00 GB (3.44 GB usable)

what is "process monitor" ?

storage - 451 GB...........82.4 used.............369 GB free

middleview

President
Supporting Member
came out 43.38 - don't know if that's good or bad.

second one - 43.09
Not great. Did it say Mbps or KB? Mine is 165 Mbps down and 23 up.
That is Megabits. KB would be thousands of bits. 8 bits to a byte.
You might try a power cycle on your router/modem.
Who is your carrier? What speed are you paying for?

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
Clearly it's the traffic to his youtube channel...

1674704497235.png

2 subscribers. LOL

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Installed RAM - 4.00 GB (3.44 GB usable)

what is "process monitor" ?

storage - 451 GB...........82.4 used.............369 GB free
My laptop has 16gb. 4gb is probably the issue. What type of PC is it? You may want to buy more memory.

Looks like disk space isn't an issue. Is it an SSD drive?
Do a left click on "my computer" or "this pc" depends on OS.
Your disk drives will be displayed.
Right click on your "C:" drive and then on "Properties".
On Windows 11 there will be a "HARDWARE" item, click on that to find out what kind of drive it is. Notice that all of mine are SSD. That is solid state. HDD would be the standard hard drive....much slower.

1674756509937.png
If your disk is an HDD then you may wish to "DEFRAGMENT" it. That will help speed up access. Go to "TOOLS" on the above page.

What OS are you on? On Windows 11 it will say "Task Manager".

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I've got speedtest.net readily bookmarked. It works to find out if your internet connection is slow. I brought the same problem up over on the General Discussion forum just to get some input.

Doh! Later, a light bulb lit up and I finally recalled what it would take to speed up my internet connection. Restarting usually works.
I found that Comcast will throttle the connection after you've hit a certain level of traffic over a 24 hour period. Cycling the router/modem clears that.

There are certainly many other factors. He only has 4gb of memory. Barely enough to keep the os from thrashing. Task Manager will tell him who is using memory. I found that FireFox kicks off a bunch of processes, all of which take a lot of memory. Doesn't seem to stop the process when you stop a window. Edge seems a bit better.

protectionist

Governor
Clearly it's the traffic to his youtube channel...

View attachment 73780

2 subscribers. LOL
IMPROPER to post old, deleted content which no longer exists as part of the channel, and that has been replaced.

(15) Robert Emanuel Follett - YouTube

As for subscribers, LOL, AS I already posted and you already know, I don't even know what "subscribers" means, and couldn't care less. My music videos are resume for whatever comes along, not whatever subscribers has to do with. Also for friends and relatives.
Stop posting dumb stuff.
Now go learn to play the violin, so as to not be a musical ignoramus.

Last edited:

protectionist

Governor
I found that Comcast will throttle the connection after you've hit a certain level of traffic over a 24 hour period. Cycling the router/modem clears that.

There are certainly many other factors. He only has 4gb of memory. Barely enough to keep the os from thrashing. Task Manager will tell him who is using memory. I found that FireFox kicks off a bunch of processes, all of which take a lot of memory. Doesn't seem to stop the process when you stop a window. Edge seems a bit better.
Edge is what I use most of the time. Google and DuckDuckGo occasionally.

One thing I should note here, is that this morning, I was on US Message Board for an hour, posting things continually. No problems. Then I came here, and suddenly the computer is stalling all over the place. Then I went back to USMB. Again no problems.

Here now, I am able to post only intermittently.

protectionist

Governor
My laptop has 16gb. 4gb is probably the issue. What type of PC is it? You may want to buy more memory.

Looks like disk space isn't an issue. Is it an SSD drive?
Do a left click on "my computer" or "this pc" depends on OS.
Your disk drives will be displayed.
Right click on your "C:" drive and then on "Properties".
On Windows 11 there will be a "HARDWARE" item, click on that to find out what kind of drive it is. Notice that all of mine are SSD. That is solid state. HDD would be the standard hard drive....much slower.

View attachment 73781
If your disk is an HDD then you may wish to "DEFRAGMENT" it. That will help speed up access. Go to "TOOLS" on the above page.

What OS are you on? On Windows 11 it will say "Task Manager".
I have Windows 10.

protectionist

Governor
It said Mbps. Too many questions. Too little knowledge.