• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump fired the Navy Captain

Mr. Friscus

Governor
A president who fires people right and left, demoralizing the CIA, FBI, DOD, State department....yeah, why would that bother anyone?
Are you new to politics? People get fired all the time. I’m not sure why Obama could fire people and you wouldn’t bat an eye, and now because of Trump firing someone has suddenly become this horrible thing...

Its incredible to watch the most extremist of double standards, it truly is

also, it looks like your story was BS anyways, so...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Where precisely did I say that? Obama fired good patriotic military leaders that he disagreed with, so this has nothing to do with ideology. It is what CinCs do....remember MacArthur?
MacArthur was fired for insubordination. His advocating for nuclear war against China was not the national policy as set by the president. His rude treatment of the president when they met on Wake and his repeated public attempts to get public opinion to change national policy was in all the news.

Obama did not fire anyone for disagreeing with him.
One anti-Obama retired officer put together a list of officers removed from command while Obama was in charge. As I go through that list I find officers who were in command when ships collided or who harassed female subordinates.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Are you new to politics? People get fired all the time. I’m not sure why Obama could fire people and you wouldn’t bat an eye, and now because of Trump firing someone has suddenly become this horrible thing...

Its incredible to watch the most extremist of double standards, it truly is

also, it looks like your story was BS anyways, so...
Here is a list of officers who either retired early or were removed from command...see if you can find one that was as arbitrary is Trump firing Crozier.

Having affairs with subordinates or crashing your ship into another one are not arbitrary problems as is a captain who sends a request for help with a massive medical problem on his ship and is ignored....

A carrier does not have medical facilities to care for an outbreak.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
MacArthur was fired for insubordination. His advocating for nuclear war against China was not the national policy as set by the president. His rude treatment of the president when they met on Wake and his repeated public attempts to get public opinion to change national policy was in all the news.

Obama did not fire anyone for disagreeing with him.
One anti-Obama retired officer put together a list of officers removed from command while Obama was in charge. As I go through that list I find officers who were in command when ships collided or who harassed female subordinates.

That, of course, is bullshit:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
NO ONE was FIRED...…………..title line is a LIE

Does D-Johnson think Guam will capsize due to so many Sailors!

Last edited:

middleview

President
Supporting Member
That, of course, is bullshit:

You're right...that is bullshit...starting with the very first one.
Rear Adm. Chuck Gaouette was removed from command for making racist statements to a subordinate. Your link says he ordered his ships to respond to the attack in Benghazi. How in hell would he have done that with his ships deployed in support of operations against ISIS? Unless his ships were in the Mediteranean, they couldn't possibly have flown to Libya. His ships actually arrived in their area of operations on October 17th....a month after Benghazi.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Rear Adm. Chuck Gaouette was removed from command for making racist statements to a subordinate. Your link says he ordered his ships to respond to the attack in Benghazi. How in hell would he have done that with his ships deployed in support of operations against ISIS? Unless his ships were in the Mediteranean, they couldn't possibly have flown to Libya. His ships actually arrived in their area of operations on October 17th....a month after Benghazi.

So, Obama didn't "fire" him as you post Trump "fired" the Captain...…………..:)

middleview

President
Supporting Member
NO ONE was FIRED...…………..title line is a LIE

Does D-Johnson think Guam will capsize due to so many Sailors!
From your link

"Leaders back firing of navy captain", but you say he wasn't fired....how funny.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.

From your link:

A Navy official familiar with the circumstances of the investigation said it involved allegations of "inappropriate leadership judgment" and stressed it was not related to personal conduct.

Not a word about "racist statements." So your link appears to support the ID piece. He really had no ships in the area (middle east)? He commanded an aircraft carrier - the planes could have reached Libya quicker. Yeah, like I said, that would be bullshit!

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
From your link

"Leaders back firing of navy captain", but you say he wasn't fired....how funny.
How do you fire someone and reassign them at same time?

Again, does Lib-Johnson think that many sailors will capsize Guam:) that's what libs elect

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
From your link:

A Navy official familiar with the circumstances of the investigation said it involved allegations of "inappropriate leadership judgment" and stressed it was not related to personal conduct.

Not a word about "racist statements." So your link appears to support the ID piece. He really had no ships in the area (middle east)? He commanded an aircraft carrier - the planes could have reached Libya quicker. Yeah, like I said, that would be bullshit!
Libs must play their 'R' card otherwise they have nothing

middleview

President
Supporting Member
From your link:

The ship didn't arrive on station until a month after Benghazi...so if you are suggesting he order a strike from somewhere around Guam...look into the range of an FA-18.

Mick

The Right is always right
From your link:

When leftie is caught lying what does he do? Just lie some more!

middleview

President
Supporting Member
When leftie is caught lying what does he do? Just lie some more!
Lying? Unreal...getting pretty desperate, eh? So you have an Admiral who's ship didn't arrive in the Indian Ocean until mid October...a month after Benghazi, but you guys push the bullshit that he was fired because he ordered his ships to respond to the attack in Benghazi in September....do you own that false claim? Nah.

Instead you want to argue the details of why that Admiral was removed from duty. His subordinate reported his actions.

Rear Adm. Charles M. Gaouette, who led Carrier Strike Group Three, which included the U.S.S. John C. Stennis, had been accused of using profanity in a public setting and making at least two racially insensitive comments, officials familiar with the investigation said.

Several officers said the complaint had been filed by Captain Ronald Reis, the commander of the Stennis, after the admiral admonished the captain for his ship-driving practices.

Feel free to apologize for calling me a liar, now that you've been proven wrong.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
From your link:

Rear Adm. Charles M. Gaouette, who led Carrier Strike Group Three, which included the U.S.S. John C. Stennis, had been accused of using profanity in a public setting and making at least two racially insensitive comments, officials familiar with the investigation said.